Edge : confirms the many classes on Celebrity

Lolotte

I like 5 star travel. Often I will refer to the fact that I would never take a voyage on a mass market cruise ship.

Then why do you keep posting here? This is about Celebrity, which in your view is a mass market cruise line.

Just an FYI that Cruise Critic has recently added a new Guideline:

Cruise Critic considers constantly and persistently "bashing" a cruise line disruptive to other members. Therefore, you may receive a single warning regarding this behavior. In the sole opinion of Cruise Critic Community Management, you may lose access to that cruise line forum after the first warning.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=harass

I can see why you are concerned. You clearly understand that today other people often seem to think that unless you unblushingly praise something you are really condemning it. Maybe this stems from the modern habit of always being ready to take offence when none is intended.I think that Edward III’s riposte to such censoriousness is still apt:

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Then why do you keep posting here? This is about Celebrity, which in your view is a mass market cruise line.

Just an FYI that Cruise Critic has recently added a new Guideline:

Cruise Critic considers constantly and persistently "bashing" a cruise line disruptive to other members. Therefore, you may receive a single warning regarding this behavior. In the sole opinion of Cruise Critic Community Management, you may lose access to that cruise line forum after the first warning.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=harass

Thank you Jazz! If Toryhere would never go on a mass market cruise ship maybe he/she never tried Celebrity? So why does he/she continue to pontificate here? Because we are all taking the bate.

Thank you Jazz! If Toryhere would never go on a mass market cruise ship maybe he/she never tried Celebrity? So why does he/she continue to pontificate here? Because we are all taking the bate.

How ironic that in one breath Toryhere complains about being "seen by others as arrogant and superior", and then closely follows that comment by announcing to us us that he would never cruise on mass market lines because he "personally don’t like that form of holiday", clearly implying that they are beneath his highly pampered lifestyle.

I have nothing against wealthy people. Some of my close friends are quite wealthy. It's people like Toryhere that I do have issues with when they come on a mass market forum to tell everybody that such cruise lines aren't good enough for him, implying that the rest of us are settling for an inferior product because we are not as "sophisticated" as he is.

Of course, he follows that post with another in an effort to display just how sophisticated he is with cryptic quotes in ancient languages that he knows most people will not understand without looking it up. Clearly an "arrogant and superior" display.

Edited by sloopsailor

So now we have the EDGE dining reveal: 5 free [ok, 'included' for those who can't deal with the concept of 'free] restaurants. Four main dining rooms, each with 75% same choices [many of which change each day, just like the present Celebrity system] plus 25% unique to that restaurant based on cuisine focus. So are the non-suites still viewed as 'steerage'?

If you want to see "classes", check out MSC. Based on the level of "experience" that you book, you may end up not being able to do any time dining or get seated in a converted buffet for dinner. And it's the mid-level "Fantastica" level that only has set dining times, not the lowest level (Bella, which has dinner in the buffet). Cabins are categorized by location on the ship. What Celebrity does is nothing in comparison to that

That's in addition to the previously mentioned Yacht Club. We actually were forced to wait when getting back on the ship one day because a YC group was allowed to cut the line (accompanied by an employee holding a big MSC Yacht Club sign, not even subtle). MSC does an excellent job of putting people in their place. Oddly enough, MSC did not have reserved seating for YC customers at the shows as Celebrity does.

Then why do you keep posting here?

I suspect Toryhere doesn't have a lot happening at home. Maybe mummy, daddy and pet cat are ignoring them? Trolling Cruise Critic members fills some kind of hole. ;)

I suspect Toryhere doesn't have a lot happening at home. Maybe mummy, daddy and pet cat are ignoring them? Trolling Cruise Critic members fills some kind of hole. ;)
Ms. Miller - thank you for the chuckle!

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

How ironic that in one breath Toryhere complains about being "seen by others as arrogant and superior", and then closely follows that comment by announcing to us us that he would never cruise on mass market lines because he "personally don’t like that form of holiday", clearly implying that they are beneath his highly pampered lifestyle.

I have nothing against wealthy people. Some of my close friends are quite wealthy. It's people like Toryhere that I do have issues with when they come on a mass market forum to tell everybody that such cruise lines aren't good enough for him, implying that the rest of us are settling for an inferior product because we are not as "sophisticated" as he is.

Of course, he follows that post with another in an effort to display just how sophisticated he is with cryptic quotes in ancient languages that he knows most people will not understand without looking it up. Clearly an "arrogant and superior" display.

You obviously haven’t had the time to read all of my posts on this topic.

Just because I don’t like travelling on big cruise ships, doesn’t mean I think less of anyone who does.

I’m sure you have foods or drinks that you dislike. Do you look down on people who do like those foods and drinks?

I was originally interested in this topic because I like the idea of the SWS concept. And that’s not so much because I look down on the plebs, but because I dislike crowds.

As I said in one of my earlier posts, I object to people who buy expensive things to be look down on others. The whole point of this thread has been to discuss the classes on the Edge. Some people have expressed resentment that the privileges associated with suites will now impinge on the cruise experience of the other passengers. Some have said that it’s just a case of some being able to pay more and that there is nothing to worry about. I agree with that point of view. But I would add that there are always going to be people who spend their money not merely to have a good time, but to lord it over others.

Booked on the Edge 2/24/19 in a balcony room, and I knew when I booked I was not going to be able to use certain parts of the ship that are meant for people who will (can) pay more. I think they should have an area for us peons that cannot be accessed by the 14%, make it like the local corner dive bar, maybe at the bottom of the ship like in titanic.;p;p;p

Booked on the Edge 2/24/19 in a balcony room, and I knew when I booked I was not going to be able to use certain parts of the ship that are meant for people who will (can) pay more. I think they should have an area for us peons that cannot be accessed by the 14%, make it like the local corner dive bar, maybe at the bottom of the ship like in titanic.;p;p;p

Whoops! Just realized I misinterpreted the 14% reference in the other thread lol. If it refers to people booked in suites, DH & I are not amongst them. We’re booked in a Concierge Infinite Veranda and we’re not bothered at all about the special suite areas. As you say, they paid a lot more for that access. We’re quite content to have access to our beautiful cabin and the remainder of the ship. As for our dive bar, how about a speakeasy with some fabulous Jazz musicians? Or Blues?:evilsmile::evilsmile:

b - I Am sure that those in the 14% would never consider joining us, yet I know there will be a few who like to slum it, as it were, and be in the thick of it with us....

bon voyage

Thought that this would be the perfect thread to get this question answered. What are the specific differences between a Concierge Class Infinity Veranda cabin and a regular Infinity Veranda cabin? I believe that the cabins themselves are identical, but some of the differences would be...1) Additional points in Presidents Club, 2)Priority embarkation line, 3) Bottle of wine in stateroom, 4) Upgraded bathroom amenities and towels 5) Location on ship. Please correct me if I'm wrong and and any additional differences. Thanks. Trying to determine if the price differentiation is worth it or not.

Thought that this would be the perfect thread to get this question answered. What are the specific differences between a Concierge Class Infinity Veranda cabin and a regular Infinity Veranda cabin? I believe that the cabins themselves are identical, but some of the differences would be...1) Additional points in Presidents Club, 2)Priority embarkation line, 3) Bottle of wine in stateroom, 4) Upgraded bathroom amenities and towels 5) Location on ship. Please correct me if I'm wrong and and any additional differences. Thanks. Trying to determine if the price differentiation is worth it or not.

From the website:

The Concierge Class Stateroom Experience

Each Concierge Class stateroom includes the following world-class amenities that all contribute to your modern luxury experience. From thoughtful in-room additions to personalized service, enjoy the signature touches you'll only find when you sail with Celebrity Cruises.

Personalized Concierge service

Priority check-in

Exclusive embarkation day lunch

Destination Seminar

Exclusive pre-departure lounge

Priority debarkation

Main & specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Welcome sparkling wine and fresh fruit

Daily delivery of afternoon savories

From the Edge Concierge Class info:

"Exactly what the name implies, you’ll enjoy dedicated service from Priority Check-in at the pier to the time you head home. A dedicated concierge is always just steps away from your room to assist with your vacation needs. Attend exclusive events, including a Welcome Aboard Luncheon and Destination Seminar. Then there’s the room, the Infinite VerandaSM takes the whole room right to the water’s edge. Here, you’ll find it’s little details so meticulously thought out that they truly make a world of difference. It’s a room that’s so much more than a room—it’s an experience."

I have never stayed in Concierge Class, but have cruised with others who have and the differences may or may not be worth the extra cost to individual cruisers. I did see something somewhere in the early Edge info that they were going to improve the Concierge benefits (and I would suspect that would likely go fleet wide), but have been unable to find that again (I had looked at booking Concierge on Edge because of the location and saw that info somewhere, which I put into the mix of my decision-making - ended up not going with Concierge). Maybe the "big addition" was the addition of the Destination Seminar (at least I don't remember that listed before)? Time will tell if there are any real changes. :D

So now we have the EDGE dining reveal: 5 free [ok, 'included' for those who can't deal with the concept of 'free] restaurants. Four main dining rooms, each with 75% same choices [many of which change each day, just like the present Celebrity system] plus 25% unique to that restaurant based on cuisine focus. So are the non-suites still viewed as 'steerage'?

Yes, the quality of the non-suite offerings have dropped dramatically over the last few years. Having 4 smaller dining rooms won't improve that situation. There is also more to the steerage label than dining rooms. The loss of top deck space to the Suite Class will also impact the "steerage" passengers.

b - I Am sure that those in the 14% would never consider joining us, yet I know there will be a few who like to slum it, as it were, and be in the thick of it with us....

bon voyage

I’m sure despite having their lovely suite dining room the 14% will want to try each of the 4 themed MDRs and be seated ahead of steerage select diners as happens currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish they would restore AQ class perks of daily delivery of bottled water and the really soft plush AQUA color towels we enjoyed for a very limited time...guess they moved on to suites??? Upgrade of the herbal tea would also be nice.

AQ class should have a real Concierge, esp to assist with booking spa appts..dealing with CR is s real challenge sometimes!

We do not begrudge suite or Concierge Class perks, but lately AQ is becoming an "also ran"......

Quote:

"We do not begrudge suite or Concierge Class perks, but lately AQ is becoming an "also ran"...."

Hertha, if AQUA class is an also ran, then a regular balcony/window/inside must be the bottom of the barrel or steerage........the only thing they would get is a bed and food;):eek:

Quote:

"We do not begrudge suite or Concierge Class perks, but lately AQ is becoming an "also ran"...."

Hertha, if AQUA class is an also ran, then a regular balcony/window/inside must be the bottom of the barrel or steerage........the only thing they would get is a bed and food;):eek:

Indeed:'). How is Aqua an also ran, when it comes with Blu, the sole reason most people say they simply must have Aqua class?

I’m sure despite having their lovely suite dining room the 14% will want to try each of the 4 themed MDRs and be seated ahead of steerage select diners as happens currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as there is a good flow of traffic, it will be a good experience for us.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Hi Lois..hope all well with you..

In my opinion, AQ class guests used to get more attention in terms of perks, in-cabin amenities, event invitations , etc . Now Concierge Class seems to be favored with more attention, a Special luncheon sep concierge, & other perks, etc. Lately, there seems to be alot of blending of the two, despite diff pricing...usually AQ higher...Guess marketing is what I may be reacting to..as AQ class usually sells itself recently and we keep hearing about Concierge amenities

Silkroad...we do enjoy BLU, but that alone would not justify AQ class for us.. Other aspects of AQ also appeal to us...limited # of guests on AQ corridors, the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room access, priority for boarding and tenders, nice jetted showers. We enjoy AQ as part of a spa and Solarium oriented vacation. As mentioned, we do miss the daily water deliv and nice plush towels...long gone!

We are hoping that EDGE takes AQ class to a higher level of spa .and healthy dining experiences.

Hi Lois..hope all well with you..

In my opinion, AQ class guests used to get more attention in terms of perks, in-cabin amenities, event invitations , etc . Now Concierge Class seems to be favored with more attention, a Special luncheon sep concierge, & other perks, etc. Lately, there seems to be alot of blending of the two, despite diff pricing...usually AQ higher...Guess marketing is what I may be reacting to..as AQ class usually sells itself recently and we keep hearing about Concierge amenities

Silkroad...we do enjoy BLU, but that alone would not justify AQ class for us.. Other aspects of AQ also appeal to us...limited # of guests on AQ corridors, the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room access, priority for boarding and tenders, nice jetted showers. We enjoy AQ as part of a spa and Solarium oriented vacation. As mentioned, we do miss the daily water deliv and nice plush towels...long gone!

We are hoping that EDGE takes AQ class to a higher level of spa .and healthy dining experiences.

It's cool that Blu will have 22 outside seats on the Edge!

It's cool that Blu will have 22 outside seats on the Edge!

Did not know that...sounds great for breakfast and sunsets.

Do you know how many seats it will have overall?

Guess there will many nice surprises after we get onboard!

Did not know that...sounds great for breakfast and sunsets.

Do you know how many seats it will have overall?

Guess there will many nice surprises after we get onboard!

There will be 126 seats inside and 22 outside. That's going to be a nice addition for Blu! We will see what the spa reveal shows - maybe there will be some nice surprises with the Persian Garden (or whatever it is called on Edge) and other AQ benefits.:D

Here is an Edge dining venue chart I found online that I put on the Edge Dining Choices thread that describes the seating, including outside seating for a few venues (Eden, Steakhouse, Blu, Le Grand Bistro and of course the OVC). It is a good reference.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf