Margarittaville on Escape

Eric234

It’s a ghost town. Do not expect the same atmosphere or food quality as a land-based Margaritaville.

I second that, on the Escape earlier this month we never saw more than 4 people in the entire restaurant at any one time. We were not interested due to the up charge so I can’t attest to food quality.

On escape we rarely saw anyone in it, except for on embarkation day. It was offered as the lunch option for Haven cruisers instead of the Haven restaurant. I was not pleased with this. After traveling all day with two small children and being hot and sweaty waiting to get in the terminal, the last thing I wanted to do was eat in an outdoor restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the main issue with Margaritaville is its outside by the sun / pool area...and since its a "Dining Facility" they require shirts, shoes...of which most people on this area are in bathing suits and get turned down.

Just keep in mind that there is a $15 + 18% gratuity cover charge per person at this restaurant on Breakaway, regardless of what you order. That fee will cover all you care to eat, but would make for some expensive apps.

Is this fee (cover charge) on the Escape also?

We are really hoping that they will see that making Margaritiville an upcharge restaurant is a mistake. We sailed on the Escape in October of 2016 before it was upcharge and ate there quite a bit but not enough to warrant paying 15.00 per person each time. The place was busy then almost always. So hopefully the fact that it seems to be empty all the time now will show them the error of their ways

No, items are individually priced at this dining venue. There is no set flat cover charge.

Just keep in mind that there is a $15 + 18% gratuity cover charge per person at this restaurant on Breakaway, regardless of what you order. That fee will cover all you care to eat, but would make for some expensive apps.

We are really hoping that they will see that making Margaritiville an upcharge restaurant is a mistake. We sailed on the Escape in October of 2016 before it was upcharge and ate there quite a bit but not enough to warrant paying 15.00 per person each time. The place was busy then almost always. So hopefully the fact that it seems to be empty all the time now will show them the error of their ways

We had the same experience. Maybe we we were on the same sailing!

On escape we rarely saw anyone in it, except for on embarkation day. It was offered as the lunch option for Haven cruisers instead of the Haven restaurant. I was not pleased with this. After traveling all day with two small children and being hot and sweaty waiting to get in the terminal, the last thing I wanted to do was eat in an outdoor restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm confused. The Haven restaurant was still open. Why were you not pleased with Magaritaville also being an option?

No, items are individually priced at this dining venue. There is no set flat cover charge.

Incorrect. Just got off this morning.

It just changed from a la carte to $16 pp cover charge, apparently. No volcano nachos for me in March, I guess.