Please help me choose between these itineraries/ships.

stickey_mouse

Easily A. Unless you love going to the beach or paying to go snorkeling, Grand Turk isn't that exciting (my personal opinion). Amber Cove doesn't do anything for me. We feel like it's an "artificial" destination -- just built for the cruise ships to stop at.

Cozumel and Caymans are "real", to us.

Again, just my opinion.

Depends on what you like to do. Itinerary B if you like the beach & spending time in the water; A if you like to do more of the tourist thing. They are sister ships although the NA is newer. In either case enjoy your cruise.

Allan

Yes it depends what you like to do for sure. Personally I will hide in my room all day rather than even glimpse the joke that is Cozumel. About as authentic as Taco Bell in Detroit. (sorry Detroit, sorry Taco Bell)

If you are just looking for Sun, beach, fun, low hassle then B would be my choice. If you are looking for an authentic Caribbean adventure then you are probably 70 or 80 years too late.

I'd do A for its diversity BUT, before I'd book it I'd check out cruisetimetables.com to see how many other ships would be in port with me One HAL voyage I recently looked at had 7 other ships scheduled to be with us in Cozumel and 2 of the 7 were mega-ships. Crossed that one of my list.

Thanks for the feedback thus far. I'll be honest, I'm most excited to visit Key West and Half Moon- I have never been to either. Anything else would be icing on the cake. I know the ships are nearly identical, but would NA have any advantage having just come out of dry dock?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You couldn't pay me to go back to Amber Cove. The only positive there was the cute Amber turtle charm I bought. We missed Grand Turk as only one ship could be in port at the time. Not sure when you are looking but I believe Eurodam will be in dry dock early spring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reminder. I don't think tendering makes much difference to me.

Tendering went very quickly at GCayman last week when we were there. Didn't use ship tenders but very big local ones. Not impressed with the port but if you haven't done a stingray experience, that's the #1 thing there. Love Half Moon Cay even if it is "artificial". We have found lots to do in Cozemel....if you haven't gone to the Mayan ruins they are amazing. My "to do" list still has the cave tubing at the ecopark on it. Where is Amber Cove? Not familiar with that one.

We did snuba on Grand Turk and saw nothing; same with snorkeling at Key West but there are other things to do in Key West.

Guess that's a vote for A with Cozemel included.

Itinerary A: Eurodam; Cozumel and Cayman Islands

Itinerary B: Nieuw Amsterdam; Grand Turk and Amber Cove

Both also go to Key West and Half Moon Cay

The price for both is the same. Which would you prefer, and why?

IMO, not much to see or do in any of those ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums