Please tell me about the Silhouette- sort of new to XX

nini

We are pretty sure we like Celebrity (were only on the Galaxy in 2000).

We are booked on the Reflection for October 2018. I am researching

for 2019 and found a Caribbean itinerary on the Silhouette that is appealing.

TIA!!! ;p

Thank you for your response. Why do you love it so much?

Quite a few reasons.

1. It is a beautiful ship.

2. About the perfect size.

3. Love the crew.

4. The specialty restaurants are wonderful, especially Lawn Club Grill.

I could go on, but you get the idea. :)

The Silhoutte was our second cruise on X. Our first was on the Solstice

We were hooked on X as soon as we walked on board on the Solstice and we were reaffirmed on the Silhoutte. It is really classy to be given a glass of “Campaign,” when boarding and then walking into into the atrium. It is still WOW. It never diminishes. That WOW factor is still there and it feels like going back home.

I love the virtual birds in their cages. I love birds and would love to have one of them. No feeding and no mess. Be sure to see them.

To really put it over the top book a AQ (Aqua Class) cabin.

You made a great choice and I am sure you will not be disappointed. Since that first cruise we have been on over 180 sea days on X and it just keeps on getting better. Have 8 more booked into 2020. I guess I am a optimist but I am a very young 71 and why not.?

Don’t let the appearance of the passengers’ old age fool you. The majority can party and have a great time keeping up with anyone and also drink many under the table, because we are brain dead and can’t feel it. 🤪

As Fred Standford said “ at my age I am burning the candle at both ends of the candle and in the middle”. 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Well, the Reflection is my favorite because of the redesigned Sunset Bar. But if you are on Reflection first, then when you sail Silhouette you will be blown away by her Sky Lounge!! Reflection's Sky is a lovely room...but not as stunning as Silhouette's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don’t let the appearance of the passengers’ old age fool you. The majority can party and have a great time keeping up with anyone and also drink many under the table, because we are brain dead and can’t feel it.

Does your granny always tell you

That the old songs are the best,

Then she's up and rock 'n' rollin' with the rest?

Does your granny always tell you

That the old songs are the best,

Then she's up and rock 'n' rollin' with the rest?

Love it

Together we could write a big hit for AC DC, Bob Seger, Eagles or maybe Kid Rock

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

Our first cruise on Celebrity was the Mercury in 2002 and we had always thought Celebrity was one of our best cruise but because of the price never went back on them until ...

We had the chance of doing a 2 night cruise on the Connie in 2016 and even though it wasn’t a newer ship again we thought it was great.

We finally decided to pay a bit more for our vacation as we are worth it and went on Celebrity Silhouette in 2017 and this has confined to us that this line might be one of choice now.

Lots of wow factor everywhere and done with lots of class.

Have fun

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Almost a year ago we cruised on Silhouette and loved it. Sara Romero was the cruise director but unfortunately left Celebrity. She was one of the very best. The staff/crew on Silhouette makes it pretty special. Great service. A year ago it was named by Celebrity "Ship of the Year" based on the post-cruise customer satisfaction surveys. They celebrated this achievement while we were on board.

How nice to get such positive feedback! I really appreciate

it as I have really done tons of research on Celebrity but did

not narrow in on any one particular ship yet besides the Reflection.

Happy Sailing to All!!!

Almost a year ago we cruised on Silhouette and loved it. Sara Romero was the cruise director but unfortunately left Celebrity.

Mr. Rick,

You are so right, she was a sweetheart. We will miss her.

Glad to see all the positive comments! After sailing on the Infinity this fall, we really felt at home with Celebrity, and booked a cruise on the Silhouette while still on board. It looks like a glorious ship!

Glad to see all the positive comments! After sailing on the Infinity this fall, we really felt at home with Celebrity, and booked a cruise on the Silhouette while still on board. It looks like a glorious ship!

If you liked the Infinity you are going to love the Silhouette... this has been one of my FAVORITE ship of 2017 so far.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We feel the same, Silhouette is our favourite ship - followed by Reflection.

When we did our first cruise on a Solstice class it was on Silhouette - I absolutely fell in love with the ship. It just felt perfect!

The cruise we did was also great. Here’s a link to our review incl. many photos and details about the ship:

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Holy-Land-Cruise-01/holy-land-cruise-01.html

We also did a video clip on Reflection (which is very similar) which you might like:

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed her from Barcelona to Rome in September. She is GORGEOUS! I loved the Hideaway lounge, with those cool egg-shaped hanging chairs, the library is one I would love to have in my home, the Sanctuary is beautiful and peaceful and lovely, MDR is nice, outdoors areas beautiful, cabins are breathtaking (like, literally; we both gasped when we entered out cabin the first time) and the bathrooms are wonderful, the Oceanview Café is bright and airy and well arranged, and the staff is incredible. After sailing on 2 Princess Royal class ships, the small interior atrium took getting used to, but it is very pretty. The shops are nice too, as is the gym. You can't go wrong on this one.

Got off ship Dec 18. MDR not on par with previous cruises. At our table for six entrees were sent back several times. Either uncooked or overcooked with no flavor. Prime rib and filet were very good. Martini Bar was a hoot. Cabin 2108 was in excellent condition. Staff continues to be helpful and very friendly except for Capt club hostess was not friendly and seemed to be bored with job.