How do Coke drinkers manage on NCL ships?

mamasylvia

Do you remember what happened shortly after April 23, 1985, or what happened on July 11, 1985?
Two days later, on July 13, 1985 was when Live Aid occurred in London and Philadelphia. Anyone remember who sang at both venues?

I don't care that much about Coke vs. Pepsi (my preference is Coke at the moment), but what I do care about is having other options. Why doesn't NCL have Root Beer or Mr.Pibb? Very limited selection!

Because they aren't Pepsi products. NCL's contract is with Pepsi.

I don't care that much about Coke vs. Pepsi (my preference is Coke at the moment), but what I do care about is having other options. Why doesn't NCL have Root Beer or Mr.Pibb? Very limited selection!

Hmmm, I had root beer two weeks ago on the Getaway.

As a newbie, I've been amazed this thread is one of the busiest.

I was considering started my own thread... Does the Jade provide English Breakfast Tea, or PG Tips? ;);)

They have quite a good selection of teas in the buffet. I drink iced tea for breakfast and lunch and make my own. My preference is Earl Grey. They have green tea and several herbals offered. You can ask for your preference in any of the dining rooms when ordering. They bring you a tea pot and however many bags you ask for.

Vic

Am not sure if this has been answered but sorry if it has -

Do they do decaf Coke / Pepsi. Have to stick to decaf due to medical reasons.

It isn't a big issue but am just curious

Thanks

After buying the soda pass I became a poor man, so Mr. Pibb would fit me well if it were a Pepsi product. Bought my soda pass for a our 18 day cruise, quite pricey.
If you think that's pricey, how about paying 89.00 + 20% gratuity for the alcoholic package. Highway robbery compared to their competitors, but of course most get it as a perk.

If I'm not mistaken, Mr Pibb is a regionalized poor man's version of Dr Pepper.

Mr Pibb is a coke product, but usually only found in areas where coke doesn’t have the rights to distribute Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper is a Cadbury/Swheppes item that is surprisingly not distributed by the Dr Pepper/Snapple Group which handles Canada Dry and 7UP, instead it is contracted out to regional coke or Pepsi bottlers. It gets even stranger in some areas where Coke might have the fountain rights, but Pepsi has the bottling rights.

Is that enough to make your head spin? Try working for a retailer that sees these different scenarios play out not just across state line, but can vary from county to county.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am not sure if this has been answered but sorry if it has -

Do they do decaf Coke / Pepsi. Have to stick to decaf due to medical reasons.

It isn't a big issue but am just curious

Thanks

No decaf soda available... only the ones that are regularly caffeine free... sprite or orange or whatever they are called when they are Pepsi products.

Didn't they try to reformulate coke (after blind taste tests results showed the new formula tasted better) and it caused a major public backlash? I remember reading about this at the World of Coke in Atlanta.

Yes, it 1985.

Mr Pibb is a coke product, but usually only found in areas where coke doesn’t have the rights to distribute Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper is a Cadbury/Swheppes item that is surprisingly not distributed by the Dr Pepper/Snapple Group which handles Canada Dry and 7UP, instead it is contracted out to regional coke or Pepsi bottlers. It gets even stranger in some areas where Coke might have the fountain rights, but Pepsi has the bottling rights.

Is that enough to make your head spin? Try working for a retailer that sees these different scenarios play out not just across state line, but can vary from county to county.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarification. I thought I was crazy because I could swear Mr. Pibb is typically on the Pepsi soda machines around here.

No decaf soda available... only the ones that are regularly caffeine free... sprite or orange or whatever they are called when they are Pepsi products.

That would be Sierra Mist or Diet Sierra Mist.

You also have to watch the various root beers and orange as some have contain caffeine. I'd have to check if Mug and Orange Slice fall into that category.