Aqua class questions

lefy

We will be sailing on the Equinox for our second time & decided to upgrade from Concierge to Aqua class. I understand we have access to the Blu restaurant but there are some perks it looks like we don't get that we had on concierge class.

The only two things that is of any concern is it looks like we don't get priority boarding & no sparkling wine that we used to toast off the cruise. I don't really care about the other concierge perks but am i correct about those two?

We will be sailing on the Equinox for our second time & decided to upgrade from Concierge to Aqua class. I understand we have access to the Blu restaurant but there are some perks it looks like we don't get that we had on concierge class.

The only two things that is of any concern is it looks like we don't get priority boarding & no sparkling wine that we used to toast off the cruise. I don't really care about the other concierge perks but am i correct about those two?

Aqua also gets the bubbly and priority boarding. About the only thing AQ does not get is the embarkation luncheon.

Aqua does get its priority boarding just not its own separate table as you come in. I think Celebrity did the CC priority boarding thing up a bit more because most people did not find the "perks" of CC worth the cost, especially on an S class ship. I can't recall anything about the sparkling wine, we don't drink it so when ever it has been offered we said no thanks. Why not just bring your own bottle since Celebrity allows you to bring two per cabin? Enjoy Blu, it is a nice dining experience.

Our one and only (so far) sailing with Celebrity was on the Infinity last October in Aqua class. We did receive a bottle of sparkling wine they will chill it when ever you would like. Priority embarkation is included. Blu restaurant is quite nice as well. We decided if we sail Celebrity again we'll most likely just book a regular balcony and maybe do some upcharge restaurants....the cabin is identical other than the no fog mirror and nicer shower in bathroom.

Thanks for the info. They just didn't list those two things on Celebrity's website in the Aqua class description so I assumed we didn't get them. We brought two bottles of wine last time & didn't even finish the second bottle. We had the premium drink package & will have it again but we don't drink that much so by the time we're finished with our wine at dinner that's usually enough for the night. I just like the idea of the bon voyage toast.

The Sparkling Wine (probably worth about $5 retail) is no longer automatically put in your cabin. You must specifically request it from your cabin steward. If you don't bring up the issue...neither do they.

Hank

On our last few cruises were we in AQ. There was no bottle in our cabin at check in. When we met the attendant we asked about it and was told that he will put it on ice whenever we want. He said many have a drink pack and don’t want it or want it for Chic night

If you have a drink pack you should get your sail away drink from a bar. They also give you that welcome aboard glass if bubbly.

Drink up 🍾🍸🥂🍹🍷🍺

Another point mentioned in your first post regarding Blu. You state you have access to Blu however Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat assigned in the Main Dining Room. Celebrity words that section of the web site poorly. You may eat in the MDR if you wish and that would be done in Select Dining. Don't forget Blu has a wonderful breakfast available to you.

As others have said you do get the Champagne, Hank stated it is not worth much and he is correct. The priority embarkation is not a big deal, just a separate line, often the regular lines are shorter.

The biggest advantages of Aqua are Blu and Persian Gardens.

Thanks for the info. They just didn't list those two things on Celebrity's website in the Aqua class description so I assumed we didn't get them. We brought two bottles of wine last time & didn't even finish the second bottle. We had the premium drink package & will have it again but we don't drink that much so by the time we're finished with our wine at dinner that's usually enough for the night. I just like the idea of the bon voyage toast.

Some people have been saying that the wine was not in their room recently and that because of the dominance of the drink package that sometimes they are letting the wine slip and see if anyone notices and they bring it if you ask for it.

What are the Persian Gardens? I don't remember seeing or even hearing about them aboard the ship .

Persian Gardens is a beautiful relaxation area that differs depending on whether you are on a Solstice Class Ship or a Millennium Class Ship.

There are nice steam rooms, and heated tile loungers or heated tile benches depending on the ship class.

Its a very nice private area to relax. The rooms are like Turkish steam, and Sahara Dry, and Eucylyptus scented....and there was a rain shower. I'm describing the rooms on the Summit, they may be different on other ships and the Solstice may be different as well.

Last week, there were some items "missing " that you have to ask for in Aqua Class. The first, as mentioned, is the bubbly. Also, we had to ask for ice and also beach towels. We received shampoo, conditioner, gel, etc. and if you need more, just ask. They have reduced the number of towels in the bath from 6 to 4. Again, just ask.

Persian Gardens is a beautiful relaxation area that differs depending on whether you are on a Solstice Class Ship or a Millennium Class Ship.

There are nice steam rooms, and heated tile loungers or heated tile benches depending on the ship class.

Its a very nice private area to relax. The rooms are like Turkish steam, and Sahara Dry, and Eucylyptus scented....and there was a rain shower. I'm describing the rooms on the Summit, they may be different on other ships and the Solstice may be different as well.

Is the Persian Gardens included in the Aqua class fare or is there a separate charge?

Last week, there were some items "missing " that you have to ask for in Aqua Class. The first, as mentioned, is the bubbly. Also, we had to ask for ice and also beach towels. We received shampoo, conditioner, gel, etc. and if you need more, just ask. They have reduced the number of towels in the bath from 6 to 4. Again, just ask.

when we met our room steward for the first time, he told us that he would chill and bring the sparkling wine whenever we wanted-everything else was present and accounted for when we arrived.

Do you have to ask for the pillow menu or will it be in the cabin?

We've sailed AQ many times and have never seen a pillow menu. Once I asked the cabin steward about it and he just asked me if there was another kind of pillow I preferred.

Do you have to ask for the pillow menu or will it be in the cabin?

That is a joke and part of the additional fluff to make AQ sound more special

The first time on Celebrity was in Aqua. I asked the attendant for the pillow menu and he looked at me like I was idiot, pointed to the pillows on the sofa and said to just pick one that I like.

Every cruise after was basically the same, asked the CC host, concierge, Guest Relations and they all claimed that there should be a menu. The attendant never seen one or had one.

On one cruise I found waht I think was the menu buried in the back of the guest information book.

There were also wellness classes. Asked about them and and was always told to ask in the gym. Finally a few years ago I see that they are now on the interactive TV thru a video. Never watched them as I thought that it would be some kind of a physical fitness class in the gym.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Aqua Class passengers should be aware that they can take the cheap bubbly to Blu and exchange it for a bottle of some other wine. Usually there is a slight upcharge, but you get to pick the wine you prefer.

Aqua Class passengers should be aware that they can take the cheap bubbly to Blu and exchange it for a bottle of some other wine. Usually there is a slight upcharge, but you get to pick the wine you prefer.

This varies.....

On some cruises, they will give you a $28 credit towards another bottle of wine. On others, they will just exchange it for a house red or white. On some cruises, they will tell you it's a gift from Celebrity and they can't change it....which, by the way, is supposed to be the official policy.

We have always been able to exchange it in any dining room...but it's really up to the wine steward you ask.

We have only done Aqua on Celebrity and only when the upcharge is not crazy expensive (it is getting to be). The bottle of Champagne in the room is not a good quality and neither is the wine that you can exchange it for at a bar. Since 80% plus of cruisers these days have a bev package it is not a big deal. Just remember you can take a night cap from any bar back to your room but if you order in your room you will be charged even if you have the package!

For us Blu is the reason we sail in AQ. We love the solitude and service level there. If you don't receive a high service level you have done something wrong or alienated someone!

We have only done Aqua on Celebrity and only when the upcharge is not crazy expensive (it is getting to be). The bottle of Champagne in the room is not a good quality and neither is the wine that you can exchange it for at a bar. Since 80% plus of cruisers these days have a bev package it is not a big deal. Just remember you can take a night cap from any bar back to your room but if you order in your room you will be charged even if you have the package!

For us Blu is the reason we sail in AQ. We love the solitude and service level there. If you don't receive a high service level you have done something wrong or alienated someone!

If the wine you’ve had in your room is Celebrity Vintages from the Loire Valley then I can assure you that it is decent quality. I believe it is produced by Bouvet Ladubay In Saumur - an excellent wine producer of the region. I’ve visited their vineyards and cellars in Saumur and they make very good quality sparkling wine by the traditional method. This is no cheap bottle of plonk but is less expensive very similar products from the champagne region.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed in Aqua Class in January. Perks are Blu, bottle of sparkling wine that you had to ask for, foot rests on the veranda chairs, a carafe of chilled tea, snacks in the afternoon, Persian Garden and priority boarding.

Blu was more like "old Celebrity" with somewhat more rushed wait staff and more tables for 2 that are rather close together. On our cruise, going at 7:30 or 8 would have given a quieter, more pleasant experience. The food in Blu is quite good.

We enjoyed the tea a lot, I loved the taste, but that's a personal thing, and it was always the right temperature, and refreshing before the "getting dressed" glass of wine.

We went to Persian gardens once and found it relaxing. It was always at least somewhat busy, and IMHO would benefit with subdued lighting and quiet music. It has huge floor to ceiling windows, and we went on a port day, so I think we missed the point which was to have this huge expansive view of the ocean going by. Either way those warm tile beds are nap inducing.