Majesty of the Seas

This will be my first time sailing on this cruise line. Can you please tell me something about the ship. It was built a long time ago. Any problems I should know about. All veranda cabins are sold out, so I'm taking the larger of the ocean view which is still smaller than what I am used to. Will they let my scooter onboard?

Any secrets I should know? Thanks.

Hubby and I just got off of this ship about two weeks ago. It is the smaller of the ships in the line but we loved it!! Easy to get around and the staff was great!! We had a larger oceanview room and found that we had plenty of room to move around in. Down the hall from us was a lady who had a scooter and they let her park it right outside of her room. It was never a problem and left plenty of room in the hallway.

As for secrets, hmmm. We found the elevators towards the back of the boat were usually less crowded, unless a show was getting out. Dagoberto and Joseph in the Boleros lounge are the BEST bartenders!

I hope you have a great cruise!

Going on a cruise on MofSeas in February leaving out of ft lauderdale FL. Looking for a hotel to stay the night and a place to park my car. We are driving to FL from Texas and will be taking two back to back cruises on MoS, the first one is leaving (I think) on February 21 or 22nd and then leaving to Cuba on the 26th. So we will be leaving our car for 9 or 10 days.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

If you stay farther away like Sawgrass or a little farther north, the hotels are less expensive.

That’s what we do, because we want to drive to the port. Hotel shuttles can be inconvenient.

We leave our car at Park N Go of Ft Lauderdale. They’re great.

If you prepay you get a discount, but you get a full refund if you cancel.

We drop our car, get right on the shuttle and five minutes later we’re at the terminal. After our cruises, we walk out of the terminal and more than one of the shuttles buses is waiting for us.

If the guy when you leave Park N Go doesn’t remember to give everybody a cold bottle of water, remind him.

Great place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This will be my first time sailing on this cruise line. Can you please tell me something about the ship. It was built a long time ago. Any problems I should know about. All veranda cabins are sold out, so I'm taking the larger of the ocean view which is still smaller than what I am used to. Will they let my scooter onboard?

"Veranda cabins" are NOT *sold out*. There are no balcony cabins on the Majesty of the Seas.

There are interior cabins (tiny), oceanview cabins (small and not quite as small), then Junior Suites, which have the size of a balcony cabin from other classes of ship), and true suites: Grand, Owner's, Royal Family (now called something else) and Royal Suite.

"Veranda cabins" are NOT *sold out*. There are no balcony cabins on the Majesty of the Seas.

There are interior cabins (tiny), oceanview cabins (small and not quite as small), then Junior Suites, which have the size of a balcony cabin from other classes of ship), and true suites: Grand, Owner's, Royal Family (now called something else) and Royal Suite.

Thank you. According to my travel agent, she said they've added some balconies. She could be wrong.

Elevators take a little getting used to with a scooter.

Aft is your best bet but they dont go all the way down

Centrum elevator is just to small for a scooter

Forward elevators on decks 5 and 6 don't access the centrum. Half flights of stairs block you.

It's just an odd layout

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

My GS has a balcony?

Where did you hear that? We leave next Weds on Majesty and our reason for going is Cuba - Havana. I haven't been notified of any changes.

My wife is on a fb page and someone posted that they had recorved an email from rccl that they would be changing the itinerary on his havana ttip in march 2019 to costa maya.

My wife is on a fb page and someone posted that they had recorved an email from rccl that they would be changing the itinerary on his havana ttip in march 2019 to costa maya.

At least that is well before final payment so that you can cancel. Even with a non refundable deposit I would be pushing Royal to allow a no charge change due to it being a significant change to the itinerary.

Thank you. According to my travel agent, she said they've added some balconies. She could be wrong.

I just booked a November 2019 to Cuba yesterday. The ship doesn't have balconies. Oceanview cabins are tiny about 120 sq feet. We decided on a spacious oceanview on the 9th deck around 159 sq feet still tiny but that's the best we can do. Junior suites are the size of the spacious oceanview with a balcony. The real suites are too expensive for our pockets. Oh well ...

Majesty is moving to Ft. Lauderdale in November, 2018. It will be sailing to Havana fro there.

Empress, which home ports in Miami, is going into dry dock in February. They have canceled most (if not all) of their February sailings.

Sadly for us in Tampa, no more Royal Caribbean cruised from Tampa to Havana.