Can I Bring this Wine on Board?

Eaglecw

I know that each person can bring on board 1 - 750ml bottle of wine. But can 2 people traveling together in the same cabin bring 1 -1.5 liter bottle of dessert wine on board? I found this really delicious dessert wine at Costco. Its Kirkland brand “Irish Country Cream” and it tastes like Irish cream. It says on the bottle it’s made from Grape Wine and has no Irish whiskey in it. For $9.00 a bottle I figured it would be swill but it wasn’t bad.

It’s very obviously not wine. It’s not even in a standard wine bottle. They don’t bend on the 1 x 750ml wine bottle ... as in no boxes, no magnums, no matter how many passengers. Your chances of getting it on are very poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Years ago they’d overlook passengers bringing 1.5 liter bottles of wine but not since specifying it’s one 750ml bottle of wine per adult passenger. So even if it’s the same amount of wine they might not allow it. Even if they acknowledge it’s wine, it might not be allowed due to the bottle being larger than allowed.

Whether the wine limit would be implemented or not will be decided by the bottle checker. If you’re okay with losing it then maybe it’s a chance you’re willing to take.

I’ll look for it because I’ve enjoyed the Costco’s version of Baileys Irish Creme...Kirkland Irish Creme Liquer.

Kirkland's Irish Country Cream also contains the word Liquor in its name. It is not a wine and the alcohol content is 17%, much higher than regular wines. It is the Costco equivalent of Bailey's Irish Cream and neither would be allowed on board Princess ships as a wine.

Kirkland's Irish Country Cream also contains the word Liquor in its name. It is not a wine and the alcohol content is 17%, much higher than regular wines. It is the Costco equivalent of Bailey's Irish Cream and neither would be allowed on board Princess ships as a wine.

Maybe the OP is asking about a new alcoholic drink that’s wine based? Family said that purchasing alcohol in WA (where the OP is located) is considerably more expensive so maybe Costco created a wine based version to have a lower cost.

The Kirkland Irish Creme Liqueur in my fridge is made with Irish Whiskey and a 1.75 liter bottle cost over $15 and not $9 for Irish Country Creme for a 1.5 liter bottle like in the OP’s post.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Perhaps the OP is in a state like mine (North Carolina), where there's a state monopoly on liquor sales. Other stores are allowed to sell beer and wine, including fortified wine. Our Costco has this "wine" available, so it meets North Carolina's definition of a fortified wine, which is one that has an alcohol content greater than 16 percent but not exceeding 24 percent.

As others have said, at least in California, the product is Kirkland Signature Irish Cream Liqueur at 17% alcohol made with fresh dairy cream, whey spirits “whatever that is” and Irish Whiskey and sells for $14.99 for a 1.75 liter bottle. There are many strikes against have this allowed on for onboard consumption.

Edited by IECalCruiser

Perhaps the OP is in a state like mine (North Carolina), where there's a state monopoly on liquor sales. Other stores are allowed to sell beer and wine, including fortified wine. Our Costco has this "wine" available, so it meets North Carolina's definition of a fortified wine, which is one that has an alcohol content greater than 16 percent but not exceeding 24 percent.

There was a poster here who reported being prevented from bring fortified wine onboard.

They seemed rather cranky about the experience.

This Kirkland “Irish Country Cream” dessert wine is only 13.9% and is made from Grape Wine. It’s imported from the Irish Republic of “Pewaukee Wisconsin”.

Bring the Irish Country Cream and a couple of plastic cups...if they won't let you bring it, stand to the side, open the bottle, pour, drink, then weave your way onto the ship with your wine safely stowed inside.;p

Bring the Irish Country Cream and a couple of plastic cups...if they won't let you bring it, stand to the side, open the bottle, pour, drink, then weave your way onto the ship with your wine safely stowed inside.;p

LOL! I like the way you think! But then again, they may not allow you on because you are "weaving"! ;p

As others have said, at least in California, the product is Kirkland Signature Irish Cream Liqueur at 17% alcohol made with fresh dairy cream, whey spirits “whatever that is” and Irish Whiskey and sells for $14.99 for a 1.75 liter bottle. There are many strikes against have this allowed on for onboard consumption.

Others may have said that, but what the OP is discussing is Kirkland Irish Country Cream at 13. 9% alcohol in a 1.5 Liter plastic bottle selling for $9.50. I use about a tablespoon of it every morning in my coffee. I brought some aboard the Majestic in February and March for use with my coffee. I also brought a small funnel and filled a couple of the small whiskey or vodka bottles that they put in our room as Elite passengers. Kept one in my pocket to add to the coffee in the Horizon Court to make it drinkable. Worked for me and I didn't feel guilty.

Others may have said that, but what the OP is discussing is Kirkland Irish Country Cream at 13. 9% alcohol in a 1.5 Liter plastic bottle selling for $9.50. I use about a tablespoon of it every morning in my coffee. I brought some aboard the Majestic in February and March for use with my coffee. I also brought a small funnel and filled a couple of the small whiskey or vodka bottles that they put in our room as Elite passengers. Kept one in my pocket to add to the coffee in the Horizon Court to make it drinkable. Worked for me and I didn't feel guilty.

Since it has to be refrigerated after opening how well did it travel in those small bottles?

I'm a little leery about taking cream liquors in RumRunners.

Since it has to be refrigerated after opening how well did it travel in those small bottles?

I don't think that it has to be refrigerated after opening. There is nothing on the bottle that says that. For home use I thoroughly cleaned out an empty shampoo bottle with a plunger top. By thoroughly, I mean soap, hot water, rinse and use the plunger repeatedly and do again with hot fresh water. I keep it near my coffee maker and put three or four plunges into a coffee cup before pouring the coffee. I refill it about once a month and have never refrigerated it. Been doing this for about two years and it works fine. The important point is that it makes shipboard coffee drinkable.

In my experience there r so many factors when bringing "wine" on board...if it is in a typical shaped wine/champagne bottle u will probably will get it through.

But anything oddly shaped will get a second look.that is if they are paying attention that day......I have lost a few liqueurs this way...but I knew the rules, so no argument from me.

Recently I brought on 2 cases(12) of mini sparking apple cider...which going through the machine could have looked like mini korbels , but they did not even open my case, maybe it was because they stopped the person a few in front of me and were shaking each one of his water bottles....LOL

Take a chance, see what happens.....

The poster didn't say they traveled with it in small bottles. They specifically said they took it aboard for the cruise and then transferred it into the small bottles so they could take it with them to wherever they were getting their coffee onboard. It wasn't stated if they took it aboard openly or, if so, if they had any issue due to the size of the bottle.

I like you suggestion great idea...:):):)

Tony

The poster didn't say they traveled with it in small bottles. They specifically said they took it aboard for the cruise and then transferred it into the small bottles so they could take it with them to wherever they were getting their coffee onboard. It wasn't stated if they took it aboard openly or, if so, if they had any issue due to the size of the bottle.

Either way post #18 answers my question about refrigeration.