Seaside to avoid at all cost!

cruiselover168

I'm still on the seaside from jan 20-27 2018, my vacation just got ruined. Can't wait to go back home asap. Trust me, I'm not the only one who is having bad experience on this cruise. The line up at the front desk is always long!! Worse part, you have to scream out loud or having hard time to have a conversation with the CSR because it's located next to the atrium and the music is always loud!! I'll write a more details review later.

I'm still on the seaside from jan 20-27 2018, my vacation just got ruined. Can't wait to go back home asap. Trust me, I'm not the only one who is having bad experience on this cruise. The line up at the front desk is always long!! Worse part, you have to scream out loud or having hard time to have a conversation with the CSR because it's located next to the atrium and the music is always loud!! I'll write a more details review later.
More details how your vacation was ruined please. Following ......

We hope you fill us in with more details. This is a little cryptic.

Just a suggestion, if you go to Guest Services early in the morning or late in the evening the lines will be shorter and there will be no music blasting. At those times it is a much more pleasant experience. Bob

Maybe that is their master plan. We would help you but we can’t hear what your asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, the groundwork has been laid. "Other people are also unhappy"...so it MUST be true. All we need now is to inject some drama into the issue(s). And then we can begin a) criticizing the "horrible customer service" that always comes when someone doesn't get what they want, and b) the demand for compensation.

:beer-mug:

Yes, I agree.. Inquiring minds are curious:eek: I'd like for someone here too do a poll of past MSC cruisers and let's get a tally of No, don't sail/Yes, by all means, give it a try rating. I have checked out the member review section here and the latter seem to be well inside the minority. Yet, every time I check the current 'New Post' section there's always another 'WORST so and so cruise ever' post. Just like to see a poll posted.

Mac

Regardless of what OP is going to complain about I won't cancel my cruise. We are Carnival cruisers branching out. We are branching out for two reasons. 1 is price. I have always said I will book the cheapest cruise available and I always have. 2 is the itinerary (and for the price). We have not been to any of these ports of call.

All I know is my kids will have fun and that is most important. All of the other stuff is usually petty.

Regardless of what OP is going to complain about I won't cancel my cruise. We are Carnival cruisers branching out. We are branching out for two reasons. 1 is price. I have always said I will book the cheapest cruise available and I always have. 2 is the itinerary (and for the price). We have not been to any of these ports of call.

All I know is my kids will have fun and that is most important. All of the other stuff is usually petty.

If you and your family are happy, THAT is all that matters.

I am also currently on Seaside but, unlike the OP, am having a wonderful time. I have all the butter I need. My food is hot. The crew is working hard to please, and although not perfect, I don’t expect perfection. What is confusing to me is why would anyone take time out of their vacation to throw out a cryptic message that the sky is falling but not take the time to be a little more specific. If anyone has concerns I will do my best to answer them but i can’t promise to be quick about it as I am too busy having a great time. ☀️

I am also currently on Seaside but, unlike the OP, am having a wonderful time. I have all the butter I need. My food is hot. The crew is working hard to please, and although not perfect, I don’t expect perfection. What is confusing to me is why would anyone take time out of their vacation to throw out a cryptic message that the sky is falling but not take the time to be a little more specific. If anyone has concerns I will do my best to answer them but i can’t promise to be quick about it as I am too busy having a great time. ��☀️��

OOoo!! Will you please take a picture of the News Cafe menu, specifically the Key Lime Pie Martini? I've been trying to replicate it for the last two days with no success! I thought I could google the recipe so I didn't take a picture myself or ask the bartender for the recipe, but nothing online is quite like what they serve on Seaside! As much fun as the trial process has been to figure it out, it would be amazing if you could post a picture of the ingredients list to see if I'm even on the right track. Also, (if you feel so inclined) ashley@cruisecritic started a thread with bar menu pictures but the News Cafe is missing along with a few others she mentioned she missed if you wanted to add to her very helpful collection. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2573427

You would be my hero!

I am also currently on Seaside but, unlike the OP, am having a wonderful time. I have all the butter I need. My food is hot. The crew is working hard to please, and although not perfect, I don’t expect perfection. What is confusing to me is why would anyone take time out of their vacation to throw out a cryptic message that the sky is falling but not take the time to be a little more specific. If anyone has concerns I will do my best to answer them but i can’t promise to be quick about it as I am too busy having a great time. ��☀️��

Chefchick, How many formal nights did you have this week? Thanks for any Info

OOoo!! Will you please take a picture of the News Cafe menu, specifically the Key Lime Pie Martini? I've been trying to replicate it for the last two days with no success! I thought I could google the recipe so I didn't take a picture myself or ask the bartender for the recipe, but nothing online is quite like what they serve on Seaside! As much fun as the trial process has been to figure it out, it would be amazing if you could post a picture of the ingredients list to see if I'm even on the right track. Also, (if you feel so inclined) ashley@cruisecritic started a thread with bar menu pictures but the News Cafe is missing along with a few others she mentioned she missed if you wanted to add to her very helpful collection. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2573427

You would be my hero!

It's called the Seaview lounge now. It's pretty dark in there now. If you don't get an answer I'll try to get a picture tomorrow morning

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

You would be my hero!

I have a picture of the drink menu and here are the ingredients for the Key Lime Pie Martini. Absolute vanilla vodka, lime cordial, coconut syrup, pineapple juice Served in a cracker crumbs rimmed glass. Hope this is what you were asking for.

Our family was on 1/13/18 sailing in Fantastica balcony and overall had a great time. Everyone loved the waterslides. Pizza was great, as well as pay for restaurants. MDR service was bad. and smell appeared form time to time.

And yes i am the guy who posted about "buttergate" to my surprise what i thought of as tongue in cheek minor quip, people saw as chief complaint.

But we booked Aurea Suite With Whirlpool Bath for November. The perks of Aurea will negate the negatives like fixed dinning time. and at 3k i have funds to book specialty restaurants for every night if i wanted.

Keep an eye out for Jim Zim's indepth review coming soon (it will post under Spaniel Lover).... Worst cruise out of 43.... Once you read his review and pros/cons of ship....You will have a real good idea what your willing to tolerate. He will compare his experience on MSC to the other lines....