Just booked our honeymoon on the Norwegian Dawn

cruisinpug

Any advice? I have never cruised NCL before, I am a platinum cruiser on Disney. We are doing the Boston - Bermuda cruise that leave May 11th. I'm pretty excited. We booked a guaranty ocean view room.

Congratulations! You will have a blast.

The Dawn was recently remodeled and I've heard they did a very good job with it.

NCL is different in the dining area, and the entertainment is slightly more adult than on Disney (but not a lot more; it's still family-friendly). You won't have set dining times when you choose to eat in one of the main dining rooms; you just show up when you want to eat dinner, and they will seat you at a table for two. On embarkation day there will be three places to eat lunch, one of the main dining rooms, the buffet, and also a Irish pub-style place called O'Sheehan's that serves pub food like burgers, pot pies, etc.There are no formal or "dress up" nights on NCL (although you can if you want; some people do get dressed for dinner).

If you have specialty dining you have your choice of restaurants to choose from. It is best to reserve these in advance on line. That link above has the restaurants listed. The top two I hear mentioned are Cagney's steak house and Le Bristro, a slightly more upscale French inspired restaurant that has a stricter dress code (no shorts allowed, but really, it's hardly a dress code at all!)

The Dawn is a nice litte ship. If you got the SDP, I would suggest making your reservations ahead of your cruise, especially if you are wanting to eat at the Teppanyaki restaurant. I believe you can now make reservations online 120 out from your cruise.

Any advice? I have never cruised NCL before, I am a platinum cruiser on Disney. We are doing the Boston - Bermuda cruise that leave May 11th. I'm pretty excited. We booked a guaranty ocean view room.

Welcome!! I'll be on that cruise with a large group of friends. Happy Honeymoon!!

Thanks guys! We didn't get any sort of package, should we have? Where can I get them? We just booked two days ago.

Contact the TA or cruise consultant who handled your booking. They'll help you.

Congratulations, there's no better place for a honeymoon than Bermuda. DH and I love it

The Dawn is a nice litte ship. If you got the SDP, I would suggest making your reservations ahead of your cruise, especially if you are wanting to eat at the Teppanyaki restaurant. I believe you can now make reservations online 120 out from your cruise.

Little? Dawn is nearly 93,000 gross register tons. That's a big damn ship. She's smaller than the Breakaway and Breakaway Plus class but she's not little. By contrast, the Titanic was 46,000 GRT. Anyway, congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon. Bermuda is a great place and has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You're in for a real treat.

Congrats! My wife and I did a cruise on our honeymoon 25 years ago. After many cruises, Dawn is my favorite ship. Just the right size.

We cruised her for my 50th after the dry dock. I recommend Los Lobos. They have a nice bar there as well.

Have fun!

We've been on the Dawn every year since it came to Boston! This is actually the last season of Boston to Bermuda for her.

Anyhow, we will be getting off as you are getting on! Have fun have exploring and making memories. Congratulations!

Thanks guys! We didn't get any sort of package, should we have? Where can I get them? We just booked two days ago.
I believe when you book a guarantee cabin you don't get any extra perks to choose from like the drink package or specialty dining, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Congrats on booking the Dawn for your honeymoon....believe you have chosen wisely as Bermuda is perfect honeymoon destination!

Come over to the “Roll Call” for the Dawn May 11 cruise, and join the chatter!

We have sailed the Dawn, well this our 11th time. We did the Disney Fantasy last summer with the grandkids, loved it...it was our 1st. The Dawn and NCL are a little different, freestyle everything (resort casual dress), dining...and the entertainment is good, but not up to Disney level!

It won’t be long now, almost time to pack 😊

Be warned that the ocean views far forward are verrrrrry noisy if you hit rough seas. The waves hitting the hull sounds like a sledgehammer on metal. We made the mistake of booking one of these on deck eight. Never again.

you can go online to ncl.com and open a myncl account within it. Pull up your reservation and you can purchase drinks plans, meal plans, make dining reservations, see/book offered excursions, etc. We also like to prepay our gratuities so as to have one less bill come due during the cruise.

You may also receive an invitation to submit a bid to upgrade your room.

The packages will provide some freebies, you can compare costs with your guarantee rate where you'll need to pay for everything a la carte. For a honeymoon I would want to reduce thinking about every little charge. I don't drink alcohol, but if you do I would think the beverage package could make the upgrade worthwhile. Also NCL is offering free taxes on some cruises now, in addition to the perks.

Think about the experience you want and call NCL or your TA for help with options. Also have them explain the upgrade advantage program to you if you want a cabin with a balcony, not guaranteed, but you can bid for an upgrade.

We had a one-day port call in Bermuda yesterday. We rented a scooter and drove up to St George’s . . . through torrential rain. It was raining so hard I could barely see. Now that was fun. At least we had rain suits. The rain did stop by the time we got to St George’s. Sad to see that Pub on the Square is closed, but the White Horse is still going strong. Lunch at Swizzle Inn. Rum Swizzles still awesome. Two Swizzles and two fish and chips was $60, plus tip. Swung by Hamilton to drop in at Hog Penny. By now sun was out. Beautiful drive back to King’s wharf on South Road. Despite the rain, still a great, quick visit. You’ll love it.

My wife and I were on the Dawn in January and we had a great time! The ship was very clean and in very nice condition after the recent refurbishment, and the crew and entertainment were outstanding. I am sure you will have a great experience!!

We had a one-day port call in Bermuda yesterday. We rented a scooter and drove up to St George’s . . . through torrential rain. It was raining so hard I could barely see. Now that was fun. At least we had rain suits. The rain did stop by the time we got to St George’s. Sad to see that Pub on the Square is closed, but the White Horse is still going strong. Lunch at Swizzle Inn. Rum Swizzles still awesome. Two Swizzles and two fish and chips was $60, plus tip. Swung by Hamilton to drop in at Hog Penny. By now sun was out. Beautiful drive back to King’s wharf on South Road. Despite the rain, still a great, quick visit. You’ll love it.

A one day visit...not fair, but it sounds like you did quite a bit! We avoid the scooters at all costs, you were very lucky to have a safe trip, especially with torrential rain!...eek. Love the Swizzle Inn, friends with Carolyn, mgr. of gift shop/s! 😊. Hog Penny in Hamilton, is another favorite...they have the best Bermuda Fish Chowder! Restaurants can be pricey...hope you checked, the gratuity is usually already added to the bill, you most likely double tipped! Frog and Onion at the Dockyard is another interesting spot too, within the thick walls of the Keep (fort).

Can’t wait for our return!