Just off the Sunshine/ Loved this girl!

coldinerie

Quick review as I owe it to all who post so I can get ready for my trips! We are seasoned cruisers. Been doing it since 1986, Carnavale, yep, old school. We spread the wealth, go on all lines, 1 maybe 2x per year. No real favorite (Disney does not count, I love those mouse ears), Hail from the state of PA, hence my call name, "get it, get it".;p

Ship, I had no idea the ship was 20 years old from walking around it. I did know it was remodeled and it looked to us very much like the Vista. Great overall condition. Great serenity deck, the best yet. Great carpeting, I hate when posters complain about carpeting, I saw none that needed repair. The ship is really very nice.

Cabin, we had cabin 2235, window. Biggest outside cabin we have had next to the Vista, family outside. Lots of room for the 3 of us to move around. Beds very comfortable. Room in great condition. No issues with cooling/heat system. Overall, I would book this room in a heart beat again.

Food: Guys' the bomb: buffet, good flow, good food, Havana bar, fun little snacks to eat. We did not go to the DR. We book a less expensive room and go to all specialty restaurants. Food was outstanding at all venues. Service was outstanding in JiJi and Cucina. Service at steak house was just ok, surprising, but just ok. We ate at each place 2x. The best food afloat. We did eat breakfast in DR and we had the most wonderful wait staff Audrine and Aya. Awesome women.

Room stewards, the bomb, never saw them, but they did a great job. Did our room am and pm at our request (again we float old school) Other service was great around the ship as well. Room service quick and efficient, needed those afternoon chips and am coffee.

Entertainment, we did not see any entertainment. We did see the day time events by the pool, they were ok and typical.

Getting on and off the boat, no issues.

Tours in port, Carnival run, all good. Rented a car in St Johns, thanks to a poster's suggestion on CC, went to Fundi bay, what a great day. Thanks for the awesome tip. 43.00 bucks (US) for the car ,25 US bucks for the gas and 17 US bucks for Fundi, great time, in spite of the rain.

Overall, I would hop on the Sunshine anytime. Don't believe any negative postings (except the getting around the boat, its disjointed like the old ships, pain, but who really cares, gave us a bit more of a walk, that we needed). Great price, great time, go for it.... you will not be disappointed.

One final tip, leave for JFK 3 hours a head of time if you can, we missed our flight due to traffic (protest after protest in NYC, hay, I love a good protest, but not on the day I need to catch a plane, people) in the city, on a SATURDAY, yep, first time for everything. Totally my fault as I needed to hang in Time Square prior to our 3:30 pm flight, Jet Blue was great to get us on the next plane (7 hours later) but we made it back, a 'few' hours late. Been to NYC many other times, mis-calculation for sure. Still smiling though!:D

Thanks to all who take the time to post, I have been a member since 2006 and love to read, get new ideas and learn about my upcoming trips from this site. I may be an 'old seasoned cruiser' but never too old to learn a new trick or two . Thank you!<3<3

Thank you for the review. I'm one of those people that actually loved the Sunshine (and the Pride and the Magic). So far I haven't met a ship I didn't fall in love with. I guess I'm one of those Carnival rose colored glasses types like jimbo5544.

I'm a new cruiser just started in 2016 but will be leaving on the Sunshine again in 19 days.

Quick review as I owe it to all who post so I can get ready for my trips! We are seasoned cruisers. Been doing it since 1986, Carnavale, yep, old school. We spread the wealth, go on all lines, 1 maybe 2x per year. No real favorite (Disney does not count, I love those mouse ears), Hail from the state of PA, hence my call name, "get it, get it".;p

Ship, I had no idea the ship was 20 years old from walking around it. I did know it was remodeled and it looked to us very much like the Vista. Great overall condition. Great serenity deck, the best yet. Great carpeting, I hate when posters complain about carpeting, I saw none that needed repair. The ship is really very nice.

Cabin, we had cabin 2235, window. Biggest outside cabin we have had next to the Vista, family outside. Lots of room for the 3 of us to move around. Beds very comfortable. Room in great condition. No issues with cooling/heat system. Overall, I would book this room in a heart beat again.

Food: Guys' the bomb: buffet, good flow, good food, Havana bar, fun little snacks to eat. We did not go to the DR. We book a less expensive room and go to all specialty restaurants. Food was outstanding at all venues. Service was outstanding in JiJi and Cucina. Service at steak house was just ok, surprising, but just ok. We ate at each place 2x. The best food afloat. We did eat breakfast in DR and we had the most wonderful wait staff Audrine and Aya. Awesome women.

Room stewards, the bomb, never saw them, but they did a great job. Did our room am and pm at our request (again we float old school) Other service was great around the ship as well. Room service quick and efficient, needed those afternoon chips and am coffee.

Entertainment, we did not see any entertainment. We did see the day time events by the pool, they were ok and typical.

Getting on and off the boat, no issues.

Tours in port, Carnival run, all good. Rented a car in St Johns, thanks to a poster's suggestion on CC, went to Fundi bay, what a great day. Thanks for the awesome tip. 43.00 bucks (US) for the car ,25 US bucks for the gas and 17 US bucks for Fundi, great time, in spite of the rain.

Overall, I would hop on the Sunshine anytime. Don't believe any negative postings (except the getting around the boat, its disjointed like the old ships, pain, but who really cares, gave us a bit more of a walk, that we needed). Great price, great time, go for it.... you will not be disappointed.

One final tip, leave for JFK 3 hours a head of time if you can, we missed our flight due to traffic (protest after protest in NYC, hay, I love a good protest, but not on the day I need to catch a plane, people) in the city, on a SATURDAY, yep, first time for everything. Totally my fault as I needed to hang in Time Square prior to our 3:30 pm flight, Jet Blue was great to get us on the next plane (7 hours later) but we made it back, a 'few' hours late. Been to NYC many other times, mis-calculation for sure. Still smiling though!:D

Thanks to all who take the time to post, I have been a member since 2006 and love to read, get new ideas and learn about my upcoming trips from this site. I may be an 'old seasoned cruiser' but never too old to learn a new trick or two . Thank you!<3<3

Thanks for the review! Great to hear goid things about Sunshine.

Thank for the great review! We will be sailing on her in February.

In a couple of weeks we will be on the Magic and will be flying JetBlue from JFK. I would much rather fly from Hartford CT, but the flights are so much more expensive and very limited. Did you park at long term parking on the airport property?

We just got off the Sunshine on Saturday as well, and we loved it! I cannot say enough about the crew, they were all wonderful, especially with my 4 yr old son, and the ship had everything we could ask for (except nice weather, haha). I'm going to try to write a review this week too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KHEWSTON, we flew back to BUF, so our long term parking was there, not in NYC. JetBlue was great to work with. A small change fee pp and we were rebooked. Considering what I could have paid for my miscalculation, I feel lucky to only be out 150.00. :D

Thank You! Glad everything worked out for you!

• 4 weeks later...