Just off Adventure and by far

out of the six RCL cruises, the service & staff is the best we've experienced. From Guest Services, MDR, Cabin Attendent, and the entire crew at the Champagne Bar. Just really, really good.

If you have any questions regarding the Adventure, I'll try to answer. But you can't go wrong by requesting Royal & Royal in the deck 5 MDR. Yes I know that their names are strange, but that is their names!

Visiting the Champagne Bar and meeting the staff is an absolute must. It starts with the leadership of the bar mgr and mixologist, Virginia.

I only have one complaint w/ the service rendered and that was in medical. This service wasn't rendered to my wife or me & until such time as I visit w/ our friends, I will remain quite on this complaint but I couldn't believe what I saw & witnessed.

If you have questions on the cruise itself, ask away. I'll try to answer!

Good to hear!

Our April cruise on Adventure (our third on this fine ship) had the same kind of great staff and service levels.

Based on its drydock forthcoming this month, we somewhat anticipated signs of excessive wear and tear on Adventure, but were pleasantly surprised to see it was in very good condition.

Which ports did you go to? Any adventures there?

We stopped at St.Thomas, St.Kitts, Aruba, & Curacao. Matthew was upgraded to a hurricane on the Thursday we landed in San Juan. It was about 150 miles due south. He got pretty close to Curacao, so close that we had heard that the port completely boarded up. But fortunately it was missed. And the port & island was beautiful. But the beaches were a mess in Aruba. Sea weed and debris everywhere. We were fortunate in that we booked a land based excursion as many of the operators of snorkeling etc cancelled. We did the Custom Trikes and had a blast covering 3 1/2 hrs all over Aruba. We also enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner in Aruba at a spot called Los Gauchos. Great place! (I suggest reservations).

We had a wonderful week and hope you do the same!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Which ports did you go to? Any adventures there?

We were on Adventure with Goodtime Cruizin, although I don't think we met, and had a great time on a Royal excursion in St. Thomas. We did the Trunk Bay Sail and Snorkel and loved it. The captain and crew of the catamaran were great, the boat was fun but not a huge loud "party" atmosphere which was perfect for my family, and we got to see sea turtles swimming in their natural environment.

I also agree with Goodtime Cruizin that the experience on Adventure was fantastic and the crew was top notch. While we did not love our head waiter in the MDR, everyone else we met were very helpful, kind and we enjoyed getting to know our assistant waiter and stateroom attendant. Our stateroom attendant even came to our room to show our kids how to make the towel animals. This was our second trip on Adventure in two years and i would go again tomorrow if given the chance, drydock or no drydock.

Voyager class is our favorite class of ships, sailed on the Explorer and Mariner many, many times.

But it seems the ships and departure ports are being replaced with the "Mega" ships, Oasis and Anthem, which I personally have no interest in.

So 2 years ago we flew to San Juan for the Adventure and was very pleased.

We are going again in 2017 after the refurbishment so it should be even better.

Plus the prices are very reasonable. We always stay in a GS or better, 1/2 the price of the Anthem which is only a 45-minute drive away for us.

Add to that a few days pre and post cruise at a nice resort/hotel in San Juan and it makes for a very special vacation.

Voyager class is our favorite class of ships, sailed on the Explorer and Mariner many, many times.

But it seems the ships and departure ports are being replaced with the "Mega" ships, Oasis and Anthem, which I personally have no interest in.

So 2 years ago we flew to San Juan for the Adventure and was very pleased.

We are going again in 2017 after the refurbishment so it should be even better.

Plus the prices are very reasonable. We always stay in a GS or better, 1/2 the price of the Anthem which is only a 45-minute drive away for us.

Add to that a few days pre and post cruise at a nice resort/hotel in San Juan and it makes for a very special vacation.

Agree 100%, doing Adventure again in 2018.:)

We are on the Adventure right now and disembark on Sunday when she is off to dry-dock. This cruise we are visiting Aruba (not much evidence of the hurricane now), Curacao, Bonaire (where we are today), Antigua and St. Marten. Everything on the ship is superb, food, service etc., We were expecting to find the ship looking tired and worn due to the fact that she is going in for a re-fit, but were extremely pleasantly surprised to find that she looks great. This is our 4th time on the Adventure and will certainly look to book on her again next year.

Edited by Pencruise

We too enjoyed Adventure when we cruised on her last year doing the same itinerary. We also did the Trikes in Aruba and that was a blast and a good and fun way to tour around Aruba rather than on a tour bus. The Champagne Bar was my favorite from day 1. There was a bartender (I don't remember his name) that was excellent and he made the best drinks out of all the bars I went to on the ship! I definitely want to cruise on Adventure again especially after dry dock! :cool:

Edited by bigque

We are on the Adventure right now and disembark on Sunday when she is off to dry-dock. This cruise we are visiting Aruba (not much evidence of the hurricane now), Curacao, Bonaire (where we are today), Antigua and St. Marten. Everything on the ship is superb, food, service etc., We were expecting to find the ship looking tired and worn due to the fact that she is going in for a re-fit, but were extremely pleasantly surprised to find that she looks great. This is our 4th time on the Adventure and will certainly look to book on her again next year.

We will be in those ports in December...what did you do there? Thanks!

Was that your waiter and assist. waiter?

We had MTD and as such we were sat at table 503 each night. We had reservations for 6:45 each night but Wed when we ate in Aruba and Friday when we enjoyed Gionvannis. Royal & Royal was our Waiter and Asst Waiter. They were lifelong friends from a small village in India. They were really a great 'team'. Both of their names were Royal, which seemed very odd but they provided wonderful service.

We love Adventure, did her 2 years in a row and enjoyed every minute of it. Would have gone on her again in April 17 for 3 years in a row but Celebrity Summit was the same price and include a bev pkg so went Celebrity instead. Wish Royal would start offering them. Not going to pay the extra for a pkg when I can cruise Celebrity or Princess for the same price and have the package included. We get the same perks on all 3 lines so it really comes down to bang for the buck.

Plus the Summit in April 2017 includes all 5 of our favorite islands!