Embarkation security process

Basil55

if you are going to do rum runners put them in your checked luggage, no carry one. As far as the wearable stuff....never gone that far. The normal rum runners in checked luggage have always worked for us. Before that, we used to dye Gin green and put it in a big Scope bottle! Hahaha, whatever works for you!

Thanks, how do they check your carry-on luggage?

I'm assuming it depends on ports, but in our experience they go through a scanner and then they will check/confiscate any liquids not allowed. Keep in mind, you CAN bring two bottles of wine, in carry on, so if you want to do that go right ahead.

I also...have in the past filled white wine bottles with Gin and recorked/sealed them ;)...My depravity knows no bounds. Enjoy your cruise.

Be sure to post it on Facebook when you get on the ship, security loves that.

Yes thats true. Be careful, CCL has 120 people that just monitor FB and social media to try to sniff out liquor smugglers that no one cares about. Please.

As long as container has no metal I suppose you would be able to manage carrying on your person if you were so inclined, unless you want to smuggle just for the thrill of it why create something to worry about to start off your vacation. If could not afford to buy my alcohol on board I would not cruise.

As long as container has no metal I suppose you would be able to manage carrying on your person if you were so inclined, unless you want to smuggle just for the thrill of it why create something to worry about to start off your vacation. If could not afford to buy my alcohol on board I would not cruise.

for me, it was just for the thrill of it. But it got to be too much planning at some point. Now I throw a few bottles of wine in checked luggage, maybe they make it maybe they dont, and I boy a bonvoyage bottle for the room. Thats all the energy I have for smuggling these days :p

Yes thats true. Be careful, CCL has 120 people that just monitor FB and social media to try to sniff out liquor smugglers that no one cares about. Please.

Let me revise your total. Will the cutbacks they have 119 now. One guy left with Funship Freddy to open a FROYO shop, Freddy's Frozen Fun.

for me, it was just for the thrill of it. But it got to be too much planning at some point. Now I throw a few bottles of wine in checked luggage, maybe they make it maybe they dont, and I boy a bonvoyage bottle for the room. Thats all the energy I have for smuggling these days :p

Same here, my first cruise I had visited the forums and it was hot topic so I smuggled some just to see if I could, and I got away with it. Ever since I just buy a bon voyage bottle for room to do night cap and just pay my way as I go.

Amen! The crew works very hard, 7 days a week, for months on end to serve the passengers. The idea of smuggling alcohol on board is just tacky. Another reason why Carnival limits the CHEERS package to 15 drinks a day and requires all passengers in the same cabin to purchase. The more rule breakers there are, the more rules they will impose.

• Like 1

Amen! The crew works very hard, 7 days a week, for months on end to serve the passengers. The idea of smuggling alcohol on board is just tacky. Another reason why Carnival limits the CHEERS package to 15 drinks a day and requires all passengers in the same cabin to purchase. The more rule breakers there are, the more rules they will impose.

I'm very sure the issue of runrumming garners much more attention/animosity on these boards than from CCL management :)

Whenever I see these threads about smuggling booze on a cruise, I wonder if we are still in high school.

Whenever I see people who get pissy about people smuggling booze, I wonder how many decades past retirement they are

Whenever I see these threads about smuggling booze on a cruise, I wonder if we are still in high school.

man I WISH! If so, at least the rumrunners would be the cool crowd :) Enjoy your national honor society meeting/chorus practice.

Do rum runners work?

Do they hand check your carry-on or is it is run through a scanner?

Has anyone tried wearing a rum runner through the check-in?

Thanks in advance

Sometimes it works but sometimes you will be called to the naughty room.

I used to use Rum Runners, but got to the point where it was a hassle. I never had any trouble getting them into my cabin after placing them into my checked bags. However, we have good friends who did get caught and had theirs confiscated. So to get back at Carnival, they sailed "dry" that cruise; very unusual for those two. :o Oddly enough, it was the first cruise on which they did not gain weight.

Now I just try to get a decent bottle of scotch delivered to my cabin. I don't have to fuss with the Rum Runners, and I have a nice glass bottle in place of a saggy plastic bag on the desk. Little thing I know....but it's important to me; like not drinking my scotch from a plastic or Styrofoam cup!:rolleyes: My one gripe is the price and bottle size that cruise lines charge; on an upcoming Carnival cruise I'm paying over $110 for a liter of Dewers; a bottle that would be $30 or so off the ship. I am not a big drinker; I might have two drinks a day at most. So, I bring an empty Rum Runner with me and poor the remainder of the bottle into that on the last night, and toss it into my checked bag. So far no cruise line has confiscated my Rum Runners.......;)

Another concern I saw posted several times- even if you manage to sneak alcohol past the booze cops often it will be confiscated by your room steward, or security after he's ratted you out! So if you do use the rum runner, make sure you disguise it from your room steward!

BTW NOT a smuggler here... DH doesn't drink and I have 1-2 celebratory 'cruise' drinks and that's it for me! A full rum runner would be coming home 3/4 full if I brought one!

Oh wow, I wouldn't expect a steward to rat someone out. Seems they would be more concerned with their tips than turning in someone for having booze. I mean, what if the person decided to retaliate by removing tips & consistently leaving the room a mess? I've never attempted to smuggle booze & likely won't - too much work. I'll stick with my allowed bottle of wine & purchase the rest as I go.

• Like 1