Celebrity Summit

captainbirdseye

We are considering booking a cruise to Canada and New England for 2016 on the Celebrity Summit. However, we have read quite a lot of bad reviews (although I know you shouldn't believe everything you read). Has anyone been on this this ship recently? Was the experience a good one?

Thank you.

We are considering booking a cruise to Canada and New England for 2016 on the Celebrity Summit. However, we have read quite a lot of bad reviews (although I know you shouldn't believe everything you read). Has anyone been on this this ship recently? Was the experience a good one?

Thank you.

Use the search feature on this forum and you will find a couple of recent (past few months) reviews with pictures and raves!

I also read reviews, and there are many more good reviews than bad ones.

That's why we are booked on her in May :)

Here is one of the better reviews from just a few weeks ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186271

Edited by DinaS

In the past, I have read bad reviews after booking a particular ship and I always worried only to find the ship just fine. I was on the RCI Adventure just a few weeks ago and the bad reviews far outnumbered the good. We found it totally fine. Sometimes I just have to wonder if people are expecting way too much. I have been on the Summit 3 times and have booked it again for the repositioning cruise 3/25. The reviews you read are only various peoples' opinions and their demands and expectations may be far greater than yours.

Thank you.

The Summit is the cruise ship we've sailed the most at five times with five more booked over the next ten months! :D

I guess you could say we are 100% satisfied customers!

BTW IMHO the spa pool and Blu on the Summit are the best in the fleet.

We have sailed the Summit 4 times and have 2 more booked. We love the M class with the thalassotherapy pool, but even better is her crew. The captain, officers, room stewards, waiters are so friendly and accommodating. If you are on the last Canada trip think about staying on for her repo cruise, Bayonne to San Juan. We have a great group of CC folks onboard. We only had one not great experience with our one time in a suite with a clueless butler. My best tip is to ask where the waiter Billy from Jamaica is serving. In all our cruising he is far superior to anyone we have ever had. If you don't like crowds in the buffet for breakfast they do custom eggs at the pool grill in the morning and there are no crowds or for a light relaxing breakfast go to the Aqua Spa cafe. Enjoy your cruise!

Just sailed on the Summit this past Feb., never sailed her before. Like you saw bad reviews and worried. Was totally happy as everyone else in our large group. Food good, entertainment great, service awesome but, I guess some can find anything to gripe about. We all know those types of people. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Was on Ship June 2014 to Bermuda, was great, booked for this May. No complaints. Cabin very clean, bathroom very clean, food was very good, specialty restaurants were wonderful, Shows were nice, staff superb. Never been on a friendlier ship. IMO this ship and crew will NOT let you down.:D

The cruise and ship can't be that bad as it sells out very fast and consists of many repeaters.

We booked the Sept cruise this year as soon as it was available. Our category sold out fast and the outsides are selling for more than what we paid for AQ1 and they don't get the perks.

We also have the Sept 2016 sailing booked and in the same cabin and seeing the same pattern.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We were on board right after Thanksgiving and loved it. We are on RCI Brilliance of the Seas only because it sails out of Boston for Canada. Would be back on Summit if it was here. Have Dec 2016 booked already in Sky for the suite dining.

We've sailed on her 3 times, last time was in January and we'll be on her again in May to Bermuda. She's not the spanking new ship like Reflection or Silhouette, but she's like an elegant older lady. I really enjoyed my first Aqua class cabin in January so upgraded to Aqua class for May. We really enjoyed Blu and the entire crew was the best.

We have sailed her more than any other Celebrity ship, primarily due to our itinerary choices. But if she were bad, we would not be doing that!

We sailed last year the week after Thanksgiving. Overall we had a great time (there is a review on this board in the member review section). Was it perfect? No. But overall we really had a good cruise. I highly recommend booking one of the AQ rooms on Deck 11 aft. Very convenient, very quiet, and the newest cabins on the ship. We thought Blu on Summit was better than several others we have experienced - excellent service and food, much nicer design (and more space) than on S class.

If you can only be happy with brand, spanking new and lots of activities all day, then don't book Summit. If you would be happy with a bit worn but lovingly cared for, and a relaxing vibe, I certainly can recommend her.

We were on it last yr to Bermuda and enjoyed it so much, we're going again this June. As far as reviews.......I've been a cruise and thought everything was just wonderful, went to look at a review for the same sailing and nothing but negative, negative, negative remarks. I had to do a double take and ask myself "Was I dreaming or was I really on that same cruise? They thought the food was terrible, I thought great, the service lacking, I thought they went out of their way to accommodate, the entertainment poor, I enjoyed it, and the cabin "shabby", not ours. Maybe expectations are higher than realistic, maybe some folks just like to find fault with everything.

Thank you.

See for your self. Here is the link for our youtube videos of our trip on the Summit October 2014. There are lots of pics of the ship, the food, the ports and US! We are booked again this October...we have been on her 7 times now..

Edited by existentialtraveler

Just got off the Summit yesterday and we are still here in San Juan. Don't get home until Tuesday. I thought the ship was great. Good food, good entertainment, great staff. The captain was hilarious. Loved his sense of humor.

This was our first Celebrity cruise and we would definitely do another. In fact we even had Billy from Jamaica as our waiter in the dining room. The big problem was being at a table for 6 with 8 at it. They over booked our table and just squeezed everyone in after the first night. It made for a very tight table. They had to remove the butter plates and any extra items to make room for the entree plates. You also could not move your chair all the way to the table.

Remember those people who find it difficult to say something good about their wedding day. They just seem to focus on those little things that made their day horrible. Small details and little things to you or I. It's amazing how a bouquet of flowers in a shade off can destroy that special day - huh?

And yes, I've sailed on Summit more than any other ship with Celebrity. I really enjoy the ship and its layout. Best of all is its staff, they're awesome.

Thank you.

Have sailed on the Summit four times, most recently last August. While physically it isn't a solstice class ship missing the bells and whistles of the newer Celebrity ships, we find her clean, comfortable and the staff and service excellent. Never sailed her to New England, just Bermuda and the Caribbean, but I Think you will enjoy the ship

Thank you.

Summit is our favorite ship,we have been on many Celebrity ships from the Century, Millenium and Solstice classes. We are boarding Summit for the 4th time next Saturday. She is a beautiful ship and the staff (we feel) is more attentive to detail, the food is excellent, and it's very well maintained. Love the Summit! [emoji1]

We also just got off the Summit yesterday.

Overall I thought the ship was in good condition. There have been complaints about the bathrooms having cracked or dirty grout... I would agree with these observations...but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the cruise or room.

We also just got off the Summit yesterday.

Overall I thought the ship was in good condition. There have been complaints about the bathrooms having cracked or dirty grout... I would agree with these observations...but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the cruise or room.

My thoughts exactly! I was on the same cruise as you. So what if there is cracked tile or rust spot in the bathroom? It amazes me that people complain about that kind of thing. Why would that have any affect on how much you enjoy the cruise? If you're looking for a perfect, spotless ship, then book a cruise on a brand new, or newer ship that the Summit. We loved the Summit - no major complaints from us at all.

Just got off the Summit yesterday and we are still here in San Juan. Don't get home until Tuesday. I thought the ship was great. Good food, good entertainment, great staff. The captain was hilarious. Loved his sense of humor.

This was our first Celebrity cruise and we would definitely do another. In fact we even had Billy from Jamaica as our waiter in the dining room. The big problem was being at a table for 6 with 8 at it. They over booked our table and just squeezed everyone in after the first night. It made for a very tight table. They had to remove the butter plates and any extra items to make room for the entree plates. You also could not move your chair all the way to the table.

Same here - some nights they had 8 crammed into a table, other nights it was just 6. 8 was too many. And yes, the captain was hilarious!