No cabin assignment - Sailing Novemner 04

FrankieSue

Woohoo!!! Finally got a cabin and we are very happy.

Had booked a guarantee Vista suite category BC and got assigned an "A"...

Now I can print luggage tags with a cabin number.

We cant wait to board tomorrow.

Happy sailing everyone.

Congrats! That's the longest we ever had to wait too. Sounds like it was worth it. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Happy sailing everyone.

That is a GREAT upgrade IMO! See, it was worth the wait.

I wil have to rely on free wifi when we are in port, but yes I will try to post some pictures when and if I can;)

Finally!!! Great assignment, worth the wait!

It has been fun following along on your GUARvoyage. Now for the cruise! Have a great time and do post when and if you can.

Bon Voyage!

Happy sailing everyone.

Nice upgrade :) Well worth the wait. So glad you got it now rather than at the pier.

A shame it took so long, but a WONDERFUL :)

Have a great time :D

Happy sailing everyone.

Well, well, congrats, that was a sweater.....

Our favorite upgrade story was a family that was upgraded from their Neptune Suite to a Pinnacle Suite at no charge when they arrived for check-in in San Diego. As we sat in the suites waiting location with them, the family of four could not stop talking about their good fortune.

All things are possible.

Our favorite upgrade story was a family that was upgraded from their Neptune Suite to a Pinnacle Suite at no charge when they arrived for check-in in San Diego. As we sat in the suites waiting location with them, the family of four could not stop talking about their good fortune.

All things are possible.

What was the location, of their so-called 'upgrade'? To us, cabin location is critical..

Any cabin assignment today? I sail on November 24 in a guarantee and I check the cabin inventory daily. There were a lot of suites last week and they are all gone and lots of aft balconies became available...hoping for one of them (but I'll be happy with whatever assignment we get).

How and where do you check the cabin inventory?

Happy sailing everyone.

AWESOME....good things come to those who wait. Enjoy!

??? and that means what???

That means that an 'upgrade' is not neessarilly an upgrade until all the details are considered. i.e. an 'upgrade' to a cabin directly below the BB King's venue may not be a desireble location, regardless of the so-called 'deal'..

That means that an 'upgrade' is not neessarilly an upgrade until all the details are considered. i.e. an 'upgrade' to a cabin directly below the BB King's venue may not be a desireble location, regardless of the so-called 'deal'..

Maybe the op should have gotten your blessing on their upgrade ;). Why not just be happy for the op instead of being a Debbie downer? I took a guarantee on a cabin for a cruise last spring. When I did a search for the cabin on CC someone had posted "better bring earplugs". It turned out to be the most quiet cabin I've ever had. I have no idea why that was posted or what the point of that post was.

Okay that sounds reasonable and quite right. We have had a few and some we have just said thank you (after checking the site) and stayed with what we had booked, but several turned out to be very nice upgrades and most enjoyable. Fact our last 4 cruises we went from inside cabins to balconies, two of them were upgrade offers.

What was the location, of their so-called 'upgrade'? To us, cabin location is critical..

Can't believe I'm having to type this. FYI, there are only one or two Pinnacle Suites on a Holland America ship. They are always in the same prime real estate location on all ships. Suggest you check out the deck plan of any HAL ship (except the new K'dam, as I'm not sure of the quantity or location of the Pinnacle Suites on that one). And so-called 'upgrade'? While you're at it suggest you read the description of those suites while you're looking at the deck plan. Also you might do a Google search on "Holland America Pinnacle Suite" and then click on the "images" feature. You might even add the words "HAL facts" to your search keywords.

Any cabin assignment today? I sail on November 24 in a guarantee and I check the cabin inventory daily. There were a lot of suites last week and they are all gone and lots of aft balconies became available...hoping for one of them (but I'll be happy with whatever assignment we get).

Usually the upsells start at the "higher cost" categories and work their way down from there (makes sense to me). If the suites are showing "sold out", it may be that they are processing upsells to that level, as they like to keep the category frozen while offering upsells - otherwise it could become confusing.