NEW Falmouth, Jamaica Cruise Port

Hello everyone. . . I stumbled across a few of the Artist renderings of the New Cruise Port in Falmouth Jamaica. The port will be located 18 miles east of Montego Bay, and many excursions from both Ocho Rios, and Montego Bay will be offered.

This port is being designed from the IDEA Group of Orlando, and it is planned to be one of the Premier ports of the caribbean. By looking at the plans, I can see why.

The Navigator of the Seas will be the first to use the port in Jan 2011, and the Oasis and Allure of the Seas will begin to dock here in March 2011.

Here are a few images of the project (and 1 photo)

Radio

This should be a wonderful port. . .

F1.jpg

I can't wait to visit Falmouth

F3.jpg

Falmouth Cruise Port

F5.jpg

Area Plans

F2.jpg

Aerial Photo of construction

F8.jpg

This could turn out to be one of the best ports of the Caribbean!

F7.jpg

Looks lovely....I just hope they manage to get some good excursions for that area.

I have a family member sailing on the FOS in January. It will be interesting to see what excursions they come up with or if they will just plan to transport everyone to Ocho or MoBay.

Ooopss....saw your post about the excursions Radio...I was just hoping for some that were different and relative to Falmouth.

Prediction, it will never be done by March of 2011, we will be lucky if it is done by the time we are there in October of 2011.

Jimbo:)

I was thinking the same thing but trying to be optimistic.:)

FOS will be there are their 1/9/11 cruise..or maybe not?

I just hope if they aren't able to go to Falmouth they will go to Mo'Bay or Ocho Rios..

Wow! The renderings are certainly impressive. Anyway, I realize that the 27 February sailing of Allure is right on the cusp. I wonder if it will be the firts mega-ship to dock there or, with my luck, Allure will be too early to dock there and we will end up back in Costa Maya. I am really hoping for Falmouth to be ready.

What a pathetic post:rolleyes: If you dislike Jamaica so much why did you even bother reading this thread?

Most likely for the same reason I am reading it. We went to Ocho Rios a few years back, and swore to each other we'd never go back! We were actually FRIGHTENED when we were returning to the ship! Accosted repeatedly to buy "weed". We've discussed this with our friends across the street (who cruise ALOT) and they said Montego Bay and Kingston are the same.

Which brings me to the reason for reading this thread; wondering if this new port will be any different. The port area is beautiful, but as soon as the desperately poor natives move in, it will be the same. I'm willing to give Jamaica one more chance, and visit Falmouth, but that's it for them!

Thanks so much Radio!!! Love the pics and I cannot wait. Hopefully everything goes as planned. Here is an article I found about the port that was just written today. It states there will be excursions available in both Ocho Rios and Montego Bay! Woo Hooooooo!!

http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources/Editorial.aspx?n=72011

and this one yesterday

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/

Yipee....another port for the dump of the Caribbean....called Jamica :(:(:(

If they can keep the area free of Jamaicans trying to hawk, hassel or theive it will be great! And the interior of Jamaica is a beautiful place. We will be there for the first time for Thanksgiving. From what I've heard you have to know where to go there to make it a worth while stop. But Mo'bay is not the ideal place to dock nor visit. We will have Peat Taylor take us to one of the most unvisited beach parks, Long Bay Beach at the western end of Negril:

w-long-bay2.jpg

And to the Blue Hole (not the blue hole on the White River) but an interior place with sink hole that is now a resort. I sure wish we were docking at this new port and may go again if they do. Hopefully Mariner will be there in 2012.

We will be on NOS for the first stop in early Jan 2011. Hope it is nice. We have mixed emotions about it. Since the itinerary has changed from Ocho to Falmouth I google search Falmouth often. Seems to be somebody getting killed or shot frequently.

So are any other cruiselines going to be stopping at Falmouth or only RCI? It looks like its going to be a very beautiful port. I hope its ready for Freedom by May '11. Thanks for posting the great pics and renderings. Good find!

Looks like HAL has some cruises scheduled to stop there:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/FindCruises.action;jsessionid=dHMTuP4U9Z+Uuj6PAIHHkw**.node?portCode=FMH&sourceName=byPort

If interested in more information re Falmouth and the new cruise port there, google "Falmouth, Jamaica cruise port"

I think Ocho Rios is a great port. Montego Bay, not so much. We're beach people and found a great beach 10 minutes walking. If you have a balcony on the dock side, just look across the water. There is a great beach right there. And no one bothers you. Cheap to get in too.Ocho_Rios_Beach.jpg

Ocho_Rios_Beach_2.jpg

As a non-fan of Jamaica, thanks for posting this.

We are still trying to decide if we'll do the Allure ( eastern, St Thomas, St Martin been there, still like it ) or

FOS ( Grand Cayman ( love it ) Cozumel, ( been done to death, just spent 11 days there and didn't like it much) and a stop at Falmouth. As a diver, most of my experience with the Caribbean involves several days or weeks on island. I admit that Jamaica, I've only seen on a cruise ship. From what I saw, I'd never spend the money to go there ( or even get off a ship there again )

But, if they can keep Falmouth under control and keep the hawkers/drug dealers away, I'd at least get off the ship.

If we do the FOS, it's for a Jan 9th cruise, so I'm not sure that it'll be open then anyway.

Archived