Carnival new "Medallion Net"

jdeanski

They're certainly adding a "boatload" of technology. There were scores of technicians working all over the Regal during our TA. I certainly hope the internet speeds improve with the addition of the Medallion technology. It was painfully slow. :eek:

Wonder what the price increase will be once it is all installed? Improvements mean costlier service.

I am wondering the same thing.Will they switch from a per-minute billing to a per-gigabyte system? What will happen to the Platinum and Elite allocations? People want to know!

WiFi and the internet is continuing to creep into our lives on a daily basis (hourly?). It is nice to hear that Carnival Corp is going to modernize all their 100+ ships for a more robust WiFi offering. The upgrading of Princess to the Medallion concept will fit in nicely with this announcement by Carnival Corp. All I can say is it is about time!

Carnival is promising a new standard for internet access on it's ships

We have all that fancy internet stuff on the Rowboat no big deal. We like the old way of communicating.

1) Smoke signals,

2) Navigating When near the sure ask someone Wear are we :):):)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

They could install an access point in every cabin, and every 20' in every hallway, and the Internet will still be slow. Until there's a viable low-earth-orbit satellite system, there's no way around high latency of geosynchronous satellites.

They could install an access point in every cabin, and every 20' in every hallway, and the Internet will still be slow. Until there's a viable low-earth-orbit satellite system, there's no way around high latency of geosynchronous satellites.

The SES system uses both GEO and MEO satellites. That's a step in the right direction.

Improved internet on CCL ships has been discussed before with three different daily charges for different levels of service. As I seem to remember, the lowest level gave texting capability and social media access, the second full internet access and the third the ability to stream video.

Medallion Net sounds like it would be part of the Ocean Medallion cruises so one can hope.

Sent from my iPad using Forums