Princess Meet & Greet

let'sgocruising

Usually someone on the roll call will organize the meet and greet. Frequently it is someone who has done it before and knows the ropes. If not, someone else on the roll call might. You can also ask for Princess contacts on this board.

Princess does not host any, it is up to some one on the roll call to schedule with Princess. I will try to find the link to the current contacts to schedule group events. They will need an email with your info, the cruise, the date you would like it scheduled, a preferred time and location, as well as approximate attendance.

It is up to the organizer (or other volunteer) to invite officers if desired, as well as provide name tags. It will typically be a no-host bar.

I will try and do a search for the thread with the shore side group scheduling contact info.

Does anyone know if Princess hosts any type of meet and greet?

Who to contact' date=' number of attendees needed, when to organize, etc.

[/color']

Any information would be appreciated.

Princess does not host Meet and Greets per say. Usually it is someone on the Roll Call for the specific cruise who will take the lead,contact Princess HO,arrange for a space,ie a lounge or room,and if you are lucky Princess will provide complimentary coffee or tea. When the meeting is arranged quite often officers or other staff will come for a short while to chat. It depends on the captain how long they stay. If he is outgoing and passenger friendly he stays longer. Check your roll call.

Avril

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have organized them toooo many times.... I have retired...:D.....last one I organized on Majestic last June....

At that time you needed 25 interested people on the roll call before Princess will allow you to reserve a venue. They request you invite the officers by written invitation " the organizer" becomes the contact for the RC group. There are corp. group contacts for each ship, by email the organizer deals with this individual.

Typically only a no host bar is available. I have probably been to 20 and only dry snacks(bar mix)which was the exception have been provided.

Much easier to pick a bar (or other location) and a time. Organize the roll call to show up at a particular time and “take over” the location.

Organized many myself and been to many more. Different lines - different methods.

I personally like to meet at sail away but on some shorter cruises ..our roll calls have been crazy and so much fun....with the guests & the officers...

I think it really depends on the mix of pax....

One nice thing when you have the venue reserved with Princess, they do make everyone leave that is not part of the group. I have always received a receipt as if I am renting the location which denotes there is no charge...So staff sometimes comes and sets up a table. mic and clear the area.......especially if we have a large group of 100 or more....on a 4 day we had over 160 people....some of the most positive people I have ever cruised with...

Edited by land lover

I’ve been to some that were organized to the point that we had a bartender and s gift exchange of products from the attendees’ home area. Snacks and visit from ship’s staff just add to the fun. Best of all is a talk by Captain Nash who is a really nice, funny guy.

I’ve never been to one where we took over a bar, ruining a quiet time for the people already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been to some that were organized to the point that we had a bartender and s gift exchange of products from the attendees’ home area. Snacks and visit from ship’s staff just add to the fun. Best of all is a talk by Captain Nash who is a really nice, funny guy.

I’ve never been to one where we took over a bar, ruining a quiet time for the people already there.

Some of the organizers really get in to it....more power to them....:D There is usually always a bar tender, Princess does not want to miss out on an opportunity.

Common location seems to be Skywalkers on a sea day. Depending on the time the bar may or may not be open. As noted you need 25 signed up to get Princess to reserve a space. All officers you wish to attend must be personally invited once you are on the ship. The organizer goes to the PSD and writes out requests. While the captain is a certainly prized guest or other bridge officers, frequently they are busy either sleeping or on the bridge. The CD or member of the staff, chef or PSD director are favorite guests.

At that time you needed 25 interested people on the roll call before Princess will allow you to reserve a venue. They request you invite the officers by written invitation " the organizer" becomes the contact for the RC group. There are corp. group contacts for each ship, by email the organizer deals with this individual.

FYI: no one except you knows if there are 25 interested people.;)

FYI: no one except you knows if there are 25 interested people.;)

Actually, nobody knows if there are 25 interested people. All you know for sure is the number of people represented on the roll call.

Much easier to pick a bar (or other location) and a time. Organize the roll call to show up at a particular time and “take over” the location.

Organized many myself and been to many more. Different lines - different methods.

"Taking over" a bar may not be the best way to make new friends on a cruise!! Those uninvolved in the arranged gathering may be pretty annoyed that their enjoyment of a venue is disturbed by a bunch of people taking it over.

On a number of occasions I've seen some scowling faces of passengers who are already chilling out in Skywalker's when a large group of roll call members show up for their scheduled M&G. And Skywalker's is a large area. Imagine how much more disruptive it would be to plan a gathering that was not arranged with Princess at one of the onboard bars that is less spacious.

All of the ones that I have arranged, as well as almost all others that I have attended in, in the past, have been in Skywalker's.

"Taking over" a bar may not be the best way to make new friends on a cruise!! Those uninvolved in the arranged gathering may be pretty annoyed that their enjoyment of a venue is disturbed by a bunch of people taking it over.

On a number of occasions I've seen some scowling faces of passengers who are already chilling out in Skywalker's when a large group of roll call members show up for their scheduled M&G. And Skywalker's is a large area. Imagine how much more disruptive it would be to plan a gathering that was not arranged with Princess at one of the onboard bars that is less spacious.

All of the ones that I have arranged, as well as almost all others that I have attended in, in the past, have been in Skywalker's.

If arranged through Princess, there will be a sign at the entrance indicating it is a private function.

If arranged through Princess, there will be a sign at the entrance indicating it is a private function.

The sign doesn’t help the people who are already comfortably having drinks.

The sign doesn’t help the people who are already comfortably having drinks.

Skywalker's doesn't open the bar until 10:00 PM so there won't be anybody already there having drinks.

Skywalker's doesn't open the bar until 10:00 PM so there won't be anybody already there having drinks.

That's where the suite and elite reception was on our cruise. As noted, there was a private function sign, an individual checking cards at the entrance, and the bar was open. But as you noted, all attending were the few of us who came for the reception.

It was very poorly attended, at least on the nights we went. There was a ton of wasted food (maybe it could be taken elsewhere as it had been out for less than an hour, but I don't know). If it all had to be tossed, that would buy a coffee card for every elite and suite guest on the ship!

PRincess assigned our meet and greet to a bar that you got to by going thru the aft dining room...sorry, I don't remember the name. There was a second entrance from the floor above, which required stairs. Unfortunately, a crew member told one mobility impaired man that the stairs were the only entrance (obviously not true)