Dumbest complaints I just heard

bikerunner

Let me preface this by saying I just got off the Mercury on a wonderful 12 day cruise. The ship was wonderful, staff was beyond my expectations...I work in the industry so Im picky on service. Ill probably post a review later this week but if you are going on the mercury you will not be disappointed. Now I was sitting at the pool one day and I overheard this lady complaining to anyone who would listen. I had to laugh ..honestly.

Complaint one. "I dont know why this ship allows children on board"...umm there was maybe 10-15 children...and thats it. You never saw them except on dinner and some shows.

Complaint two "They dont give you enough food" Not even going to comment on that one but I did want to shout at her ORDER MORE THEN

Next. "I wish they had told me they dont get tv on board. I cant watch my favorite shows"

No comment there either. Why cruise stay home and watch your tv then. Okay so I commented.

And the best one where I burst out laughing out loud near her when hearing it. "I dont understand why they didnt tell me an inside cabin does not have a window"

I might have paraphrased some of what she said wrong but you get the idea. All I know it was a great trip. I think my biggest complaint was the bathrooms were hard to find. The food was great. One bad meal in 12 days. The islands were great. Okay not a great fan of ST Croix. But it has really great beaches. And thats all I have to complain about. Which is nothing based on 12 days.

I do have one recommendation for anyone who loves wine though. They have a wine dinner that is absolutely fantastic. Its costly i think 97 or so but wow. it was great.

You made me laugh! I love these kind of passengers. On a recent Century cruise, a passengers stopped to tell me his every complaints every time he saw me. I have no idea why--perhaps he did this with everyone.

The morning of disembarkation, I heard him yell from one end of the pool deck to the other "Hey, I just say my bill, only 6.18" I rolled my eyes!

There is no pleasing some people. I remember sailing on the Summit within the firtst month of its launch. Someone left prescription meds home and then was upset that the pharmacy in Mexico - that was going to dispense them without a prescription - would not take credit cards. On another day, someone was complaining that no one told them it would raine in the rain forest.

Let me preface this by saying I just got off the Mercury on a wonderful 12 day cruise. The ship was wonderful, staff was beyond my expectations...I work in the industry so Im picky on service. Ill probably post a review later this week but if you are going on the mercury you will not be disappointed. Now I was sitting at the pool one day and I overheard this lady complaining to anyone who would listen. I had to laugh ..honestly.

Complaint one. "I dont know why this ship allows children on board"...umm there was maybe 10-15 children...and thats it. You never saw them except on dinner and some shows.

that many:rolleyes:guess they were enjoying their holiday too.

Complaint two "They dont give you enough food" Not even going to comment on that one but I did want to shout at her ORDER MORE THEN

I skip some meals- please- hoe mcuh can one person eat.

Next. "I wish they had told me they dont get tv on board. I cant watch my favorite shows"

No comment there either. Why cruise stay home and watch your tv then. Okay so I commented.

leavign the TV behind is wonderful- i might turn it on but rarely sit to really watch it.

And the best one where I burst out laughing out loud near her when hearing it. "I dont understand why they didnt tell me an inside cabin does not have a window"

:D:D:D

I might have paraphrased some of what she said wrong but you get the idea. All I know it was a great trip. I think my biggest complaint was the bathrooms were hard to find. The food was great. One bad meal in 12 days. The islands were great. Okay not a great fan of ST Croix. But it has really great beaches. And thats all I have to complain about. Which is nothing based on 12 days.

I do have one recommendation for anyone who loves wine though. They have a wine dinner that is absolutely fantastic. Its costly i think 97 or so but wow. it was great.

it was more on the Solstice. 100 not bad for a dinner.

This is all too true and way too funny. That is why I get so frustrated reading some of the comments on thee boards. There are some people that will NEVER be happy, no matter what, and feel it important to complain in a public forum to demonstrate their stupidity.......

Thanks for these. I am glad you enjoyed your cruise

No window for an inside cabin? Parking lot view from balcony? Not enough food? What class of ship was that???????

Seriously (and off topic to Bikerunner)' date=' what beach in St. Croix do you recommend?

Thanx[/quote']

I ended up at Carambula resort...sorry for the spelling. Its on the atlantic side and had great views. It was an excursion through the ship and was nice. This was another classic one. I think more then half the people who went ended up around the pool. WHY!!!! It was a great day beach was gorgeous. Okay dont mean to complain ...people do what they do...lets leave it there. I just take full advantage of every opportunity and get as much out of it as I can. I wish I had brought my diving card with me. The beach had a lot of people scuba diving. The resort was nice open air and had chairs and hammocks for all to use. The trip included a lunch too. I talked to alot of others and they all enjoyed the beaches on the island.

A variation on the theme....I think the line comes from T.V. "Beauty fades, stupid lasts forever."

Ah, the line is from one of my heroes: Judge Judy Sheindlin. It was a title for one of her books. "Beauty Fades but Dumb is Forever"....

She also wrote another one that had me on the floor laughing. It is "Don't Pee on my Leg and Tell me it's Raining"..... "Keep it Simple Stupid" and "You're Smarter than you Look".....

All good reads from this feisty woman.

Sometimes we would hear people complaining when in the elevator with them and my husband and I would look at each other and later say "Are we all on the same ship?"

You took the words right out of my mouth! I wonder sometimes just what will make some people happy.

bikerunner is the Carambola Beach Resort (located on the U.S. Virgin Islands) still a timeshare resort ?

Is this the same resort you were writing about?

This is a wonderful beach resort for some R&R.

I do think it is the same. It has a great setting with mountains in back and great beach in front. I got a lot of great pictures there. A few crew members also were there too.

We had just boarded Infinity for a 14-nt Panama Canal cruise and were having lunch in the Oceanview Cafe. People at the next table were doing a B2B and complaining about everything!!! Fortunately, we didn't seem to be on the same cruise.

But my "favorite" complaint is one I heard on our AK cruise. A guy we had brkst with our last morning prior to disembarking in Seward, AK, was complaining that AK isn't NYC.

Makes you wonder if some people just like being unhappy.

M/R

My husband and I also just got off of the Mercury 12 day cruise and it was wonderful. Every night at dinner, our table would start off by sharing the idiotic complaints/comments that we each heard that day. They ranged from "It's too hot on the pool deck!" and the "Sea is too salty" to "Why can't they put the photos in the gallery in alphabetical order?" One of our dinner companions got stuck having lunch with a woman who wouldn't stop talking about how "she's been on this ship 41 times and they still can't get it right!" If I booked with a company more then twice and I wasn't happy with their services, why in the name of all that's holy would you book another 39 times?

Sad but true. So many unhappy people who just want to complain about something. The service was wonderful and our dinner mates were the best company we've had in a long time. Was everything about the cruise perfect? No, but the little inconveniences that were there weren't anything that either the cruise line or ourselves could have controlled.

Seriously, life is too short to waste a vacation complaining. We enjoyed ourselves very much and I'm a sad cookie that I'm back at home and not in the Navigator enjoying a fruity beverage. :D

I was on the 12 night on Nov. 9th....and I had complaints when I got home that made my kids start to throw things at me!:D......

My clothes no longer fit

My feet were swollen from too much drinking and seasoning from the food

I was exhausted from staying up too late

I was sunburned from being on the beach

My bed at home was now waaaaay too hard

No one had my breakfast ready for me when I woke up the next day

I HAD to wake up with an alarm clock

I had to cook...what's cooking?

My clothes were CLEAN when I left...laundry..bleh

And my BIGGEST complaint....

I STILL DON'T HAVE THE NEXT CRUISE BOOKED!:mad::(

(About to book the 10 night out of Charleston though....LOVED the Mercury!) The kids can complain....I won't!!

~Jaime

I think some people complain to do it! We just got off a 14 day transatlantic on the Summit which I thought was wonderful! Great food, wonderful buffet I loved the idea of doing it for brunch instead of at midnight, great service and staff, and even reasonable drink prices. Yet as I was waiting to get into the captains club welcome the people in line in front of me were complaining, I really wanted to ask them what would make them happy! My husband and I did a transatlantic on the Galaxy about 3 years ago, so this was our second on Celebrity, to be honest after reading some things here I was a little hesitant to go but everything was wonderful, and some people complain just because they can I guess.

Archived