Mariner leaving :( West Coast is sad

It's amazing that RCI is going to have 11 ships cruising from Europe next year. That doesn't even include that all four Solstice class ships from Celebrity plus a few more and Pullmantur will also be there. I guess Europe is really hot and RCI is planning to take so much inventory out of the U.S to bring the demand up along with the rates.

Yea I know..........the money must be across the pond right now. I know a couple of years ago, I figured out from the RC annual report that they got about 40% of revenues from things like shipboard spending, pre and post night hotels etc. I don't know what it is now because I no longer get the shareholders report..........

People just don't understand sometimes everything that goes into deployment.........if a ship is full and people don't spend money on board that ship eventually is headed elsewhere.

Yea I know..........the money must be across the pond right now. I know a couple of years ago, I figured out from the RC annual report that they got about 40% of revenues from things like shipboard spending, pre and post night hotels etc. I don't know what it is now because I no longer get the shareholders report..........

People just don't understand sometimes everything that goes into deployment.........if a ship is full and people don't spend money on board that ship eventually is headed elsewhere.

If more people were like us, RC would be very happy! Our account was over $2500 at the end of the week for 2 Adults, 2 kids. Mommy and Daddy had a lot of Mommy & Daddy Juice! Doesn't everyone? ;)

P.S. This is what happens when you don't smuggle Rum Runners on board! lol

We had a ball on the Mariner in 2009...at the time of our booking California Residency rates were very very inexpensive... 4 people on deck 10 balacony $990.00 for all of us...the Mariner had only been here two months when we received that rate. I'm glad that we got to sail on her while she was here. We'll never cruise the Pacific side of Mexico again...the ship is AWESOME the ports...well the just didn't work for us....;)

So first we lose Monarch, now Mariner?? They really are ignoring their strong West Coast base, and that's not good. I already tried Carnival's Splendor, no bueno. Where the heck does that leave me now???:eek::(:mad:

I agree! Carnival Splendor was not close in comparison to the Mariner!:(

Laura

I heard that they were going to bring the Liberty to the West Coast.

Wouldn't that decision have been made already and announced instead of leaving everyone to believe RCCL would leave us empty handed on the West Coast?:confused:

Lately those Mariner prices sure were high for 2011!

Laura

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/topic.aspx?topic_id=06Onc4h6Lh2Qd&pt=o

Although I would love to hit up south america on that repositioning....

I am 100% with you! Can't wait to see what those two repo itin's will be! I've always wanted to visit South America, maybe this will be my chance ;) Anyone know when they will be releasing the itins?

Well that's truly brilliant - NOT!!! :mad:

Thanks for letting us know. We'd booked this as an Easter trip for our family and our friends family - 1 GS, 1 JS and 2 inside. We were SO looking forward to this cruise and planning to travel to Las Vegas for a week afterwards. My family is totally gutted - have no desire to do the Voyager trip out of Galveston and, despite the onboard credit, don't see this as any consolation whatsoever.

I really daren't tell my friend who's still stranded with her family in Turkey following the volcano, and unable to get back to the UK. This is not turning out to be a great week for her :(

How many more ships do they need to put in Europe :confused:

DH said we could take that $$ we have spent for the April 2011 and apply to our Oct TA on the LOS, better yet pay for our Air fare. We hadn't made final payment yet on the April one, but were close. I am more disappointed that we didn't get to sail on the Mariner then seeing Mexico, been there done that.

Honestly I love the Vision class and that is better than nothing, but one of the reasons we were so thrilled with the Mariner is we travel with younger kids. And honestly, Carnival is for sure different but they have a brand new ship here that will be more appealing than a Vision class for families....

I am bummed. I don't get it. But I guess it all about the $$$. Maybe they will send us a Vision class ship. At least that would be something. Or maybe the Viking Serenade will come back LOL.

Loved the VS :) ..bring us something !!!!:(

OOOOOHHHHH now your talking! I like it!

Seriously, there is no way the Freedom goes to LA. They can't fill the Mariner there and when they do it is for extremely low prices. It seems every week there are specials for the Mariner and really low prices in most cases.

I repeat....Huh??????

I THINK..........(don't hold me to this) it was an attempt at humor that RC is moving a row boat holding 4 to LA...........

Again........I THINK:p

Archived