How can anyone stand the wait!!

HMSDingy

I know it sucks, but hanging out here helps. :)

Ditto that.:D

This is how I deal with it.

1. If I have to wait less than six months 7+ days

2. If I have to wait 6-12 months 14+ days

3. If I have to wait over 12months .....sky is the limit.

Heaven forbid if I had to wait 2 years. I'd talk him into selling up and live aboard.:rolleyes: Maybe that's an option....hmmm. Now you've got me scheming but I don't think they would let me have my big fella and little girl with me even though they're better behaved than most adults.;) I was going to say better than children but I find most children behave better than some adults:p

Best thing, I've only had to wait 10 months between 14days and the next 29 days. Don't know how I was able to let this one slip by my partner. He loves to cruise because I enjoy it sooo much and it doesn't hurt to take his Mum and Aunt. Not in the same cabin.....:eek:

Anthony

I can't.

I start being antsy as soon as we're booked.

Miss getting dox in the mail......not the same printing my luggage tags and boarding pass.

Read everything I can.

Drive everybody nuts.

Glad I am not alone in being obsessed with the planning, thinking and dreaming about my next trip. It doesn't matter that I know most of the information. It does not deter me that no one else in my family is as ready to hang on every word posted on these boards. I adore the anticipation.

Recently, I traveled a few nights on a land trip. It reinforced many of the things I love about cruising...unpacking once, not keeping up with money every second, not having unpredictable food, not having to check I have all my belongings again and again, and many other little things.

I do all of the things talked about in this thread. I do one more. I throw away the ads from stores so that I can put more money toward future cruises!

With a great deal of difficulty!!! Addicted to Cruise Critic helps, hanging out with friends on the rolls calls...we all suffer the wait together. Planning shore tours and researching ports...shopping for cruise clothes...

Me too!!:)

Me, Three! I love the whole experience of planning, discussing, comparing notes, reading reviews, deciding what to pack, looking at excursions.. the whole kit-n-kaboodle!

I'm going to be in cruise withdrawl after the 6/13 sailing....

Whaaaaaa! :(

My DH doesn't like to book our cruises too far in advance because he says I drive him nuts between CruiseCritic, planning and just my freaking excitement!!! :eek: CruiseCritic rocks!!!!! What's funny is that if it hadn't been for CC, our experiences would have not been anything close to the incredible experiences we had. I do go a little nutty about preparing, but the more you know leaves less room for bad surprises!!!

Regardless... I'd go crazy if CC wasn't a part of my daily life. :D Especially with our cruise only 58 days away!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

We bought/recorded "Love Boat", first 2 seasons. It helps a lot!!! between the cruises and just a great movie to watch before sleep.

But the wait is still better than a cancelled cruise.... We had our Grand Princess North Europe cruise booked for this Saturday... but switching to a new software (SAP) was delayed and instead of boarding beautiful ship in South Hampton UK, I'll be loading the data into the producition. :( What can you do?

So Loveboat and Out to Sea is my medicine for the next months....

I'm with everyone on this. For our upcoming cruise (which is our 7th (my 8th)), we are traveling with a couple (their 2nd). She and I have been e-chatting every day, planning and enjoying the merriment of it all. Even though our DH's are looking forward to the cruise, I'm sure they are glad she and I can chat with each other instead of bugging them. :D

I'm already starting to get excited for a cruise we haven't even booked yet (2012).

Even though this will be our 7th cruise, the excitment never dies. The wait and doing slow burnout at work, I booked a week in Cuba!:D

Good for you, most of our American cousins can't do that.:D What we do is book some more cruises.:)

My addiction to CC definitely helps but I also buy something new every week for an upcoming cruise, even if it is just a battery, toothbrush, travel size toothpaste, whatever just something to keep me going. It is so hard because you really have to book so far in advance that the wait is forever.

It is getting easier, only 50 days, 4 hrs, 3 mins and 54 secs, but who's counting :D

Glad I am not alone in being obsessed with the planning, thinking and dreaming about my next trip. It doesn't matter that I know most of the information. It does not deter me that no one else in my family is as ready to hang on every word posted on these boards. I adore the anticipation.

Recently, I traveled a few nights on a land trip. It reinforced many of the things I love about cruising...unpacking once, not keeping up with money every second, not having unpredictable food, not having to check I have all my belongings again and again, and many other little things.

I'm the same as you on both paragraphs... I obsess about the planning before, but that's the fun of the adventure. And I too went on a land tour and realized the same as you, we love on cruises waking up in a different place each morning and not having to pack and repack etc...

DH isn't really interested in the cruise details until it's about 2-3 month away, so I'm in cc several times a day doing research, reading our (and other) roll calls. We're 10 weeks away from our cruise so NOW he's joining me in picking up maps, booking excursions, changing excursions, selecting our pre-cruise hotel etc.

I realized I really do get sad at the thought of the cruise and excitement being over (i.e., 10 weeks from today we'll be on the ship... 12 weeks from now we'll be home :(... DH's comment... "STOP THAT!"), so I've booked us on the Emerald in March for a completely different type of cruise, to retain that vacation glow with another cruise to look forward to. I'd read about that on cc, but never realized how true it is! :D DH is happy because I'm happy!

We had our Grand Princess North Europe cruise booked for this Saturday... but switching to a new software (SAP) was delayed and instead of boarding beautiful ship in South Hampton UK, I'll be loading the data into the producition. :( What can you do?

When my company was implementing SAP at our European locations, the project team was located in the World Trade Center in Barcelona... we could watch people boarding cruise ships out of our office windows !!! Talk about being tortured :mad:

I love the planning ahead, and now, as we have reached the "WOW - less than 3 weeks until our cruise!!!!" place, we are BOTH getting very excited. I report to DH about all the happenings on CC, and he asks questions vicariously, which I research for him.....yesterday I had a grand time trying on clothes and trying to put together a functional, yet fun wardrobe for our cruise.....everytime the kids start talking altoghter too much or at the same time at the dinner table, we glance at each other, smile and one of us usually starts humming the Andrea Bocelli/Sarah Brightman tune "Time to Say Goodbye"......

I know it sucks, but hanging out here helps. :)

Just got back from the 5/1 Sapphire Princess cruise, and it was so fabulous we had to book one onboard, and can't wait... We are already counting down the days! In the morning, before going to work, my husband goes "one day closer!" After the last cruise, finally my husband got addicted! It is hard to wait though...

One of the ways we combat the Loooooong agonizing wait for the cruise is that I do a "Friday Countdown" on our Roll-Call. It always feels better when you know that there are only 12 more Fridays to go instead of 76 more days and so on. It just seems to make the time go by faster and make the cruise feel closer.

Archived