Is there a Princess Credit Card

leith

A friend of mine sails on RCL. She was telling me that she has their credit card and she charges all her charges to. Then racks up points and redeems them for cruises. I nearly fell off the ski lift when she said it. Does Princess have something like that so I could earn points toward a free cruise??

Yes there is! Not available for Canadians though...bummer!! :( I'm hoping that changes in the near future! I love getting extra points/credits! :D:cool::D

Pat :)

Guess what NOT AVAILABLE for Australians or New Zealanders either:(

I've had it since it came out. Anything charged to Princess (cruise, onboard charges, gifts, etc) you receive double points. All other non Princess purchases receive on point. Might not be the best card for rewards but I like the OBC or $'s you can put toward the cost of cruise.

A friend of mine sails on RCL. She was telling me that she has their credit card and she charges all her charges to. Then racks up points and redeems them for cruises. I nearly fell off the ski lift when she said it. Does Princess have something like that so I could earn points toward a free cruise??

The Mr. & I are going on our first Princess cruise this summer. While I normally don't like charging, I applied for and started using this card after booking. Even if I pay it off in full at the end of the month I still get points. :D I figured we might as well try to get 'something' for our money!

I got it when it became available & they gave bonus points (20,000?) & no yearly fee. By paying the balance monthly there's no cost to me & I use 40,000 points to get a $500 chargecard credit. That reward option is best for me instead of OBC because any Princess purchases earn double points & get me closer to another $500 credit. This works best for us however there are many options for others to find the best way to use their points.

You get $1 for every $100 charged. And double point when spent at Princess. That is one of the best point programs I have seen... of course I only have seen two others. If you pay for a cruise of $5000 with the Princess card, you get $100 on OBC. ($5000 * 2 (two points for each $ on Princess) =10000 pts) The trick is to pay it off each month to avoid interest charges.

Guess what NOT AVAILABLE for Australians or New Zealanders either:(

I notice many things are badly done to Aussies and Kiwis. My question: What did you guys do the cruise lines that they must avenge themselves. It musta been really bad .....................:)

Doug

I'm honestly not sure what the big deal with the card is. As I understand it, you get 2% credit for charges made directly with Princess, correct? But you'd potentially lose much more than that by not booking with a discount TA and paying with a card, like mine, that gives 1% cash back across the board. (And offers 5% back on a changing menu of purchases - right now gas and amazon.com.) Oh, and the initial bonus I got for the card was much, much better than the Princess Card deal.

Additionally, the Discover Card actually gives a 5% cashback on the base price of a cruise when booking through their TA, whose rates are as good as, sometimes better than, Princess' retail. And a portion of their bonuses can then be doubled when spending toward another Princess cruise - a bottom-line 10% back on some of what you spend!

It depends, of course, on your buying patterns. If you spend a lot of money onboard, you'll score by getting an additional percent in cashback. (I'm realizing that I should maybe have gotten the card, since this week I'll be buying 6 FCCs, and I would have scored a big additional 6 bucks back.) But since most of my gratuities are usually taken care of by OBCs and I don't book many excursions through the line, I'm just fine with my non-Princess card, really. I'll take "money I can spend on a cruise or on anything else" rather than earning points with Princess specifically in mind.

if u have shares u get onbaord credit. but read fine print does not apply to promotional or discounted cruises in other words when you pay full brochure rate. correct me if im wrong????

It applies to anything and everything charged to your card. A Princess charge gives you double points and the promotional and or discounted charges are still charges. I just cashed in 60,000 points for $750 and with my spending habits, still have another 25,000 waiting in the wings. I cash in at either 40,000 or 60,000, 60,000 being the best exchange.

It applies to anything and everything charged to your card. A Princess charge gives you double points and the promotional and or discounted charges are still charges. I just cashed in 60,000 points for $750 and with my spending habits, still have another 25,000 waiting in the wings. I cash in at either 40,000 or 60,000, 60,000 being the best exchange.

I cash in points sooner at 40,000 for $500 because at 60,000 it's the same $250/20,000 points exchange rate which begins at 40,000. The last time I checked those additional 20,000 points get $250 which is no better exchange rate than $500 for 40,000 points.

They originally had a better exchange rate at 110,000 to get $1500 but that's no longer available. They told me that too many were using the card for business purchases so they decided to increase the number of miles before qualifying for a better reward exchange rate than $250/20,000 points. :(

I cash in points sooner at 40,000 for $500 because at 60,000 it's the same $250/20,000 points exchange rate which begins at 40,000. The last time I checked those additional 20,000 points get $250 which is no better exchange rate than $500 for 40,000 points.

They originally had a better exchange rate at 110,000 to get $1500 but that's no longer available. They told me that too many were using the card for business purchases so they decided to increase the number of miles before qualifying for a better reward exchange rate than $250/20,000 points. :(

Frank, if 40 gets you 500 and 60 gets you 750, you are getting an extra $50 at that level. 20 is worth $200, so at 60 it's worth $250. I too got the extra monies before they eliminated the higher levels.

I'm honestly not sure what the big deal with the card is. As I understand it, you get 2% credit for charges made directly with Princess, correct? But you'd potentially lose much more than that by not booking with a discount TA.

You CAN use a discount TA and get their cheaper prices, charge it to the Princess Visa card and get the points. There is NO requirement that youhvae to use a certain TA...you can use anyone you want

Archived