Is a suite worth the money?

bonbon663

I've been away from the boards for a long time, but, happily I am planning another cruise. I want to go big, and have a memorable time. I'm planning on the Carribean, and have decided on Princess. I've heard marvelous things about it. I've tried Celebrity, that was great too. Now, my question is.....are the suites worth the BIG extra money? I really want to be treated like royalty, and was wondering if a suite will really fit the bill. Thanks in advance everyone. I love these boards! I am excited to plan a cruise again. Yippee!!! :)

Not anymore since they took away the unlimited internet as a suite perk. If they gave us some, I'd be ok with the unlimited going away but to not give us any just doesn't seem right.

We always have been treated like loyalty until our last cruise last Christmas terrible service. I have five more booked and hope they are better.

But, you will never know until you try it.

Unlimited internet apart (if it is a while since you cruised you may not know it was once an option) the suite is definitely worth doing. It is obviously a lot larger in size. There are numerous posts about what you get in a suite but I'll go with one at the drop of a hat (and once I've got the fare saved)

hey if you are wanting to go all out then yes go for the suite.

Personally I would book a nice balcony and use the difference in money to do some of the following with the money I saved:

fly first class to port

stay at amazing hotel pre cruise

do spa treatments

do all excursions you really want to do

dine in both specialty restaurants

do ultimate balcony dinning

enjoy great bottle of wine every night

order flowers to your room

of course it is up to you, this is just my two cents.

vickie

hey if you are wanting to go all out then yes go for the suite.

Personally I would book a nice balcony and use the difference in money to do some of the following with the money I saved:

fly first class to port

stay at amazing hotel pre cruise

do spa treatments

do all excursions you really want to do

dine in both specialty restaurants

do ultimate balcony dinning

enjoy great bottle of wine every night

order flowers to your room

of course it is up to you, this is just my two cents.

vickie

If you save enough you can do all of this and have the suite.:D

If you're on a long cruise, such as 14 nights or more, the extra $ for a suite may be worth it. If you have a lot of sea days and enjoy spending private time in your cabin, a suite is great. However, just because you're staying in a suite doesn't guarantee that you'll be treated like royalty. Book what you want and can afford and enjoy your cruise!

We have never been treated better than anyone in an inside room.

In my opinion, you either want the space or not. I would not expect better treatment either. Suite location, to some has drawbacks.

Be happy no matter what you choose.

First we do enjoy cruising on Princess .. in fact met my husband on the original Pacific Princess almost 26 years ago ...

One of my gripes is the only way you get a sofa in the cabin is if you have a mini-suite or above. Otherwise you get a desk chair and a chair -- neither that are comfortable. So our next cruise we have booked a mini-suite. I have insomnia and need an area where I can read and be comfy too (end of the sofa at the other end of the cabin) so my hubby can sleep.

If you want to go big on the cruise, book a suite ... enjoy the extra space. Why not. We got a great deal on a suite (HAL) for our Alaska cruise next year. Love all the extra perks they give too.

Here's the pdf of what you will receive as a suite passenger on Princess:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/suite.html

photos here and more info.

Passengers in a mini-suite on Princess get a larger cabin & a glass of champagne for sail-away, but not any other extras really like priority boarding etc.

http://www.princess.com/html/global/popups/metas/di/di_mini_suite.html

First we do enjoy cruising on Princess .. in fact met my husband on the original Pacific Princess almost 26 years ago ...

One of my gripes is the only way you get a sofa in the cabin is if you have a mini-suite or above. Otherwise you get a desk chair and a chair -- neither that are comfortable. So our next cruise we have booked a mini-suite. I have insomnia and need an area where I can read and be comfy too (end of the sofa at the other end of the cabin) so my hubby can sleep.

If you want to go big on the cruise, book a suite ... enjoy the extra space. Why not. We got a great deal on a suite (HAL) for our Alaska cruise next year. Love all the extra perks they give too.

Passengers in a mini-suite on Princess get a larger cabin & a glass of champagne for sail-away, but not any other extras really like priority boarding etc.

Good information.Thanks:D

I am not sure about the US based Princess ships but if I was to go on one of the ones the ones sailing from Australian ports (like Dawn P) I would book a suite wherever possible. The balcony cabins are tiny - there is only enough room for a tub chair no sofa at all.

Whether or not a suite is "worth it" depends on two factors:

1. How much of "it" (the moola) do you have?

2. How comfortable are you in smaller spaces?

We have friends who are happy as clams in inside cabins, and even prefer them so they can sleep any time they desire. I am very jealous of them because that preference really stretches their cruise budget.

We just absolutely love having a balcony so we can enjoy the sea, even if the weather is dreadful, but beyond that are perfectly comfortable in a standard balcony cabin. So for us, no, a suite is not worth it. We would rather be able to cruise more often in a balcony cabin.

On the other hand, I am miserable in coach on an airplane and won't take an international trip if I can't be in business or first. Of course, I have some trick up my sleeve that help me accomplish that on a budget. :p

The bottom line is that it is your money and only you can decide how you choose to spend it.

We have friends who are happy as clams in inside cabins, and even prefer them so they can sleep any time they desire. I am very jealous of them because that preference really stretches their cruise budget.

We just absolutely love having a balcony so we can enjoy the sea, even if the weather is dreadful, but beyond that are perfectly comfortable in a standard balcony cabin. So for us, no, a suite is not worth it. We would rather be able to cruise more often in a balcony cabin.

On the other hand, I am miserable in coach on an airplane and won't take an international trip if I can't be in business or first. Of course, I have some trick up my sleeve that help me accomplish that on a budget. :p

The bottom line is that it is your money and only you can decide how you choose to spend it.

Please, do share... I have been in coach of some of the longest flights. I would love to find a way to get bumped up!:)

If you save enough you can do all of this and have the suite.:D

And the suite is already decorated with a fresh flower arrangement and now you get a 'free' embarkation night dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. so you've just shaved those expenses off the list:D:D.

As someone who has stayed in suites twice and have a third reserved, if you can afford it then it is a no brainer. As others have said, it will be hard to go back to anything else -- and I speak from experience. After 2 suites we were in a mini-suite on our last cruise which is lovely but so much smaller and not nearly as special.

We did Princess mini-suites in 2010 and 2011 but really wanted to go all out this year so we upgraded to a Vista Suite. It was a wonderful experience and we loved it. The double cruise credit made us Platinum.

I so enjoyed the extra space that I booked the Penthouse Suite on a Celebrity cruise for 2014. I hated to stray from Princess but the lure of that huge room on the Constellation was too much to resist. :D

And the suite is already decorated with a fresh flower arrangement and now you get a 'free' embarkation night dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. so you've just shaved those expenses off the list:D:D.

As someone who has stayed in suites twice and have a third reserved, if you can afford it then it is a no brainer. As others have said, it will be hard to go back to anything else -- and I speak from experience. After 2 suites we were in a mini-suite on our last cruise which is lovely but so much smaller and not nearly as special.

I suppose it is the attitude as well. Is the cruise a holiday or a method of travel to some wonderful places. Holidays you may want to spoil yourself, with travel it is a means to an end. If your cabin is just a bed and bathroom then Inside is probably fine, if it is more than this a suite certainly provides the space and comfort.:D

We did Princess mini-suites in 2010 and 2011 but really wanted to go all out this year so we upgraded to a Vista Suite. It was a wonderful experience and we loved it. The double cruise credit made us Platinum. /quote]

You only get double credit if you pay for a suite - not if you are upgraded to one

Like you say, if you've got the bucks then go for it but for our money we'll be taking a longer cruse in a balcony cabin. ;)

Obviously, you can ask ten people and get ten different answers. It just depends on your preferences and how you spend your time when you're on a cruise.

We once had an aft suite with an incredible balcony, and it was a waste of money for us because we are rarely in our cabin when cruising. Many say once you've had a balcony or a suite, you can never go back. We went from an aft suite to an inside (which we had never had previously). We've been booking insides ever since.

As far as the way you are treated, we have not experienced a difference in the way we're treated whether in a full suite or an inside cabin. The crew has always been very friendly and very accommodating. Certainly some crew members will make an extra effort or go that extra mile while others do not. But that's not related to the type of cabin you book.

I would suggest that you disregard how you want to be treated (obviously you don't have a lot of control over that as long as you're kind and courteous to others). Think about how you spend your time on a cruise and what surroundings you'd like to have.

It's certainly going to be a personal decision based on your lifestyle. Have fun!

Yes, very profound comments from Steven & Daniel.

Even an interior room is fantastic.

Go with what is important to you. If the price at all makes you nervous, go with a lesser price.

A suite is fabulous, if it doesn't make you nervous.

Bon voyage!

What is the difference between a Suite Perks and Mini-Suite Perks?

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pd...ite_eFlyer.pdf

http://www.princess.com/html/global/...tas/suite.html

http://www.princess.com/html/global/...ini_suite.html

OMG, it sounds and looks DREAMY! :D If ONLY!

Archived