CCL's reply to my email

jeansaussie1

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I know it’s a disappointment to hear that the Future Carnival Vacations Program is being eliminated, the reason being is due to its low economic performance.

I want to start by letting you know how much we appreciate your loyalty to Carnival and you can still receive the OBC should you decide to book onboard. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Promotional Department at: 800.906-7603.

Best regards,

TradeEngagement - WWS

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

e: cclsales@carnival.com

I have also posted comments to John on FB. I urge others to do the same and also email blast them at cclsales@carnival.com

Booking onboard is not an option for those of us still working for a living needing pre-approved vacation time.

Thank you

We don't sail until the end of October. Is there any way to purchase now online?

Sadly no, you have always had to purchase them on the ship...

Btw, Low Economic Performance is code for

"costing us to much money".....

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I know it’s a disappointment to hear that the Future Carnival Vacations Program is being eliminated, the reason being is due to its low economic performance.

I want to start by letting you know how much we appreciate your loyalty to Carnival and you can still receive the OBC should you decide to book onboard. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Promotional Department at: 800.906-7603.

Best regards,

TradeEngagement - WWS

Carnival Cruise Lines | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |

e: cclsales@carnival.com

I have also posted comments to John on FB. I urge others to do the same and also email blast them at cclsales@carnival.com

Booking onboard is not an option for those of us still working for a living needing pre-approved vacation time.

Thank you

I just sent my email. I can't wait to read their reply.

Edit.

Not worth the comment

Yep, already saw your comment last night saying if people didnt like the changes to carnival they must be old and stuffy or similar.

And the one today dismissing anyone who didnt like this change.

Let people have time to take it in?

Yep, already saw your comment last night saying if people didnt like the changes to carnival they must be old and stuffy or similar.

And the one today dismissing anyone who didnt like this change.

Let people have time to take it in?

I can understand the frustration. I can understand expressing your concerns.

However, sometimes the extremes people go to and their (what I perceive to be) continuous bashing and fighting just amazes me.

Express your displeasure. Fine

I've always felt that people have the right to fight for what they believe in. I also understand that one has to choose their battles. This is just not something I understand to be a battle worth fighting for.

You can still book a future cruise while on board. You can still earn OBC. You now reduce staff workload from everyone calling trying to scam the system because they didn't read/understand/ or ignored the terms and conditions or directions on how to redeem.

However, sometimes the extremes people go to and their (what I perceive to be) continuous bashing and fighting just amazes me.

I've always felt that people have the right to fight for what they believe in. I also understand that one has to choose their battles. This is just not something I understand to be a battle worth fighting for.

You can still book a future cruise while on board. You can still earn OBC. You now reduce staff workload from everyone calling trying to scam the system because they didn't read/understand/ or ignored the terms and conditions or directions on how to redeem.

The best way to achieve change is to reduce staff load even more by booking with another company and advising friends and relatives to do the same.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought i saw on here the other day that you couldn't book cruises on all Carnival ships????

Like a previous poster said, what happens if you don't know where you want to cruise next or you can't get your time off approved until later?

Sounds like you'd be SOL.

Bill

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought i saw on here the other day that you couldn't book cruises on all Carnival ships????

Like a previous poster said, what happens if you don't know where you want to cruise next or you can't get your time off approved until later?

Sounds like you'd be SOL.

Bill

Based on past experience the loyalty oath folks have a bunch of incompetents staffing their desk.

Another reason not to do this.

Sometimes what they say could be the truth.

My sources tell me that for about the last 4-6 months more people have been redeeming them than using them. This after trying unsuccessfully to use them on already booked cruises and getting nasty and upset when not allowed to do so.

The person I talked to said "Yahoo Thank God they're a pain in the Butt!" when informed of the FCC going away. It appears that it never was easy for the employees to apply these (poor programming on Carnival's part I assume. I was told that the average FCC that was used (or redeemed for cash) takes an average of 1-2 hours of an employees time. This sounds to me like it might not have been a very high "Economic Performance"

I'm using the democratic process that this country is based on.

If you don't like something write letters, talk to your representatives or attend meetings in the capital. Before I enter a political talk with anyone I ask them if they voted last year. If not, how dare they complain?

I am a big CCL cheerleader but when something is not right I take my voice to the proper channel (CCL not CC).

So my question to all the critics - Who will put their email where there mouth is and actually talk to the people who can make a difference?

Hello,

Low Economic Performance - never heard those words used like that before so I'll translate what she really said. What they mean is "We're making money on it but just not enough so we're discontinuing it". If they were losing money on it, they'd say so but when they trot out BS Bingo, then you start to question what they say.

Carnival is streamlining everything they do right now by the looks of it. The company I am working for does the exact same thing. Whatever they do, if it does not bring enough value, then get rid of it, even if it pisses off the customer. Years ago, it used to be "over deliver", "maximize the company's delivery to the customer". Not anymore. Now its deliver only what is minimally acceptable. Now some may say how can they get away with that - its simple. The customer allows it. The customer shrugs their shoulders and accepts it. Sure, some don't. Some leave but many do not and my company always knows there more customers to be had.

Eventually though, the economy is bound to pick up. People and companies will have more money to spend and then attitudes of companies like Carnival and the one I work for will necessarily have to change because if they don't, they'll be in serious trouble. For me, I've decided Carnival is off my list. I refuse to give my money to a company that has cut its service and its quality at the expense of the one who pays their bills, me. Some day though, they'll wake up. They'll realize they need to acknowledge that their product is sub-par and to attract customers they need to provide a level of quality and service that is currently not something they currently provide. When they do that, I will reconsider. Until then, they can keep their Mac and Cheese, meatloaf, wet eggs, crappy production shows and Lido Deck entertainment that consists of a 50 Foot TV, hairy leg contests and belly flop shows and nothing else. Their cruises may be cheaper but as my DW says, you get what you pay for.

Wow! How horrible that they are discontinuing a program that is "costing us to much money".

Another sign that Carnival is evil.

We had a great cycle going where we would get off the ship planning our next cruise. Now we can't do that because I can't afford to drop a $1000 deposit (family of 4) while on vacation. :(
That is too bad.:( Some on-line TA's have reduced or no deposit programs. Perhaps that would work for you.

That is too bad.:( Some on-line TA's have reduced or no deposit programs. Perhaps that would work for you.

They are talking about not being able to afford a $1000 deposit to book while onboard. That's the only way to get the OBC. (In place of the FCC)

It would be nice if we could book onboard with a reduced deposit with balance of deposit due 2 months later.

That way the current cruise expenses on your credit card could be paid off first. Good idea?

Archived