free water in suites?

pax2

Just wondering whether to pre order water package. Question is:

Is water provided in suites free of charge or should I order the package?.

I believe you receive only one free bottle of water in the suites. At least that's the way it was last year.

Water is ok to drink OUTSIDE your cabin......I was told on the RD,JW and FR NOT to drink the bathroom water...it's ok to brush your teeth but dont fill a glass from the faucet..In fact,on FR,they had a sign in the cabin saying so.

Water is ok to drink OUTSIDE your cabin......I was told on the RD,JW and FR NOT to drink the bathroom water...it's ok to brush your teeth but dont fill a glass from the faucet..In fact,on FR,they had a sign in the cabin saying so.

Thanks Kathy. Wow - Just off the Freedom last month and did not notice any signs regarding the water.

Marci

Thanks Kathy. Wow - Just off the Freedom last month and did not notice any signs regarding the water.

Marci

That was the first time I saw one...we had cabin 1406........I was told by staff on the JW and RD about the water..

Well,its not bad for you........it won't make you sick,but it doesn't taste very good.......

The concierge and guest relation staff(2 of them) on RD told me they only drink bottled water......will not drink the ship water..

Just wondering whether to pre order water package. Question is:

Is water provided in suites free of charge or should I order the package?.

in GS and up there are a complimentary TWO bottles of water( not to be confused with the other ones in the mini fridge which are at a cost)

if you drink more than that, order a package or bring a water bottle with built in filter if the taste is what you don't care for.

Hrmpph, good to know. I downed at least 3 gallons of sink water on FOS last month.. 20oz bottles filled up multiple times over 7 days...

Maybe that's why I have an arm growing out of my forehead :rolleyes:

"Free" water is everywhere! Every single tap on the ship provides water! You can get ice water from every single bar and eating venue. You will have ice (made from the same water) in your cabin...you have a tap...put the water over the ice! Yum! The water in your bathroom is fine to drink...it simply will NEVER "run cold"...it's always warm...hence, the ice bucket!!!

No need to pay for bottled water at all.

"Free" water is everywhere! Every single tap on the ship provides water! You can get ice water from every single bar and eating venue. You will have ice (made from the same water) in your cabin...you have a tap...put the water over the ice! Yum! The water in your bathroom is fine to drink...it simply will NEVER "run cold"...it's always warm...hence, the ice bucket!!!

No need to pay for bottled water at all.

Did you read my posts??:confused::confused:

in GS and up there are a complimentary TWO bottles of water( not to be confused with the other ones in the mini fridge which are at a cost)

if you drink more than that, order a package or bring a water bottle with built in filter if the taste is what you don't care for.

We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago and there were three bottle of water on the counter in our GS. The single, smaller glass bottle of EVIAN was complimentary and the 2 two large plastic EVIAN bottles were not.

We moved the two plastic bottles off the main counter onto the shelf with the glasses. When the person who checks the mini-bar came in and didn't see them on the counter he must have assumed we consumed them as two more bottles were left on the counter and a charge was put on our SeaPass acct for 2 large bottles of EVIAN water. After that we left them where they could be seen on the counter.

So if one is not in a suite, do they have quarter machines installed on the faucets and shower so that I can use the water or can I only use my seapass? Pay by the minute and is it as slow as the wi-fi?!?

Is the water in the gym free? Just need to rebudget my cruise for use of water to shower.. LOL :)

Well,its not bad for you........it won't make you sick,but it doesn't taste very good.......

The concierge and guest relation staff(2 of them) on RD told me they only drink bottled water......will not drink the ship water..

I was told by a crew member, that the crew are advised not to drink just ship water, but to drink bottled water as well, the reason being that the ship water is purified to the extent that the minerals found in "normal" tap water and bottled water are missing, and these minerals are needed by the body. Ok to drink for a short period, a cruise, but not for 6 - 8 months at a time exclusively

I was told by a crew member, that the crew are advised not to drink just ship water, but to drink bottled water as well, the reason being that the ship water is purified to the extent that the minerals found in "normal" tap water and bottled water are missing, and these minerals are needed by the body. Ok to drink for a short period, a cruise, but not for 6 - 8 months at a time exclusively

well,that's interesting......thanks!

Very interesting. Did this crew member provide you with any other insights? Love to hear more.

I do not drink water at all.

I am 58 years old, and my body is doing just fine without these mysterious water minerals.

We were on the Allure 2 weeks ago and there were three bottle of water on the counter in our GS. The single, smaller glass bottle of EVIAN was complimentary and the 2 two large plastic EVIAN bottles were not.

We moved the two plastic bottles off the main counter onto the shelf with the glasses. When the person who checks the mini-bar came in and didn't see them on the counter he must have assumed we consumed them as two more bottles were left on the counter and a charge was put on our SeaPass acct for 2 large bottles of EVIAN water. After that we left them where they could be seen on the counter.

musta been a fluke we had 2 glass and 2 plastic. and the plastics were in the mini fridge.

Guess which one DH opened heheheh( in his defense we never noticed the little sign by the glass bottles the first day and he wanted cold water)

we were not charged for the plastic bottle until the last day, weirdly enough. we checked our account once or twice during the cruise just to keep tabs on the spending and it was never there so we thought maybe we got lucky.

A lot of this sounds like false authority syndrome to me. Having said that, perhaps there was some problem on Freedom for some time. Now that it is fixed, no problem.

As for the suggestion not to drink the in-room water, but elsewhere is okay, that doesn't make any sense. It all comes from the same place... Again unless there has been some sort of advisory due to a problem with the delivery system to the cabins or something.

As long as you are eating a healthy diet, this shouldnt matter. It would matter if you were running a marathon (or other very strenuous activity) and only drank this purified water. that could cause health problems because of the loss of potassium.

I have never seen any signs on any cruise ship not to drink that water from the sink

I do not drink water at all.

I am 58 years old, and my body is doing just fine without these mysterious water minerals.

You must be very dried out if you don't take in any liquids. Coffee? Flavored water. Tea? Flavored water. Milk? The cow drank the water. Soda? Flavored carbinated water. Booze? Distilled water. Beer? Malt, barley, hops and water. Wine? The grape vines drank the water. Kool Aid? Tons of sugar in water. Read the labels and try not to consume anything containing water and see how your 58 year old body feels then.

Archived