LIVE from the CORAL PRINCESS - Oct. 28th to Nov. 11th - LA to FLL thru the Canal

Pia1913

Good Monday morning at sea; the beginning of a day that already feels hot and humid. High is supposed to be 84 and low 82. That immediately tells you something.

We did go to the very abbreviated welcome aboard show last night; one number with the dancers and two singers, introduction of the cruise staff and comedian Rodney Johnson. Never saw him before; some funny stuff. CD Gavin told the audience that the Wake Show for the next day will be starting every night at 10:30 PM and running straight through to 11:00 AM. That’s different.

OK. Are you ready for the numbers? I don’t know how many Elite, Plats or Golds are on board, but I did find out the other pertinent info. Number one has 1632 days, number two has 1394. Can you imagine having almost 1400 days and being second? :eek: Number three has far less; not even in the same ballpark. That’s us. Cutoff for the most traveled luncheon is 293 and the Capt. Circle party will be on a casual night instead of a formal night. We like that much better. For those who know us, you know what that means. ;)

Not really much going on today, it being the first sea day. Lots of selling though, but that’s always the case. Spa and shops need to hit hard asap. The highlight of the morning is a shopping show and Bingo. Zumba class at 9:00. We have our M and G in the Wheelhouse at 10, so that will fill some of our morning. Gym opens at 6:00, we got there at 7:15. Lots of action, but always the case at the beginning of a cruise. This will definitely change as days go on. One treadmill not working and TV is sporadic. Someone asked about Fox. There is no Fox. CNN and HDL only.

Choices in the afternoon is a lecture “Investing in the 21st Century,” though for us it’s a bit too late. Had we not invested properly, I wouldn’t be writing this from a cruise ship.:D Also “featured” is the art auction, port lecture on Cabo, Casablanca on MUTS and Princess Book Club. They are still doing the same book here as on the last 3 ships; 10th Anniversary by James Patterson. Signup also for Pop Choir. I again will take a look to see if songs have changed.

Tonight’s entertainment is the production show “Dance” in the theater, Men in Black 3 on MUTS and a vocalist, Zach Winningham in the Universe Lounge. We know the first two options are not ours, so perhaps we’ll peek at the singer. Or stay in the cabin and read or watch a movie. Oh yes, it’s also first formal night, which means the Captain’s Welcome Aboard Party and champagne waterfall.

Some responses:

1. Thrak - I had three in a wheelie and two in a tote on my shoulder. This is the only way I can manage 5 bottles.

2. Tracie - yes. This is the upgrade from F to balcony. Always nice.

3. Deelastcre - theater was cool; I had a thin jacket around my shoulders. Buffet comfortable. Didn’t go to dining room. I expect we will mostly wear shorts from now on except at night.

4. Eileen - been there; done that. Years ago. I could still do it; not Mike

Time for breakfast. Ciao.

Pia and Mike,

It was good seeing you both, dropping you off at the ship reminded me that I have not been on a ship since May! Glad you got on quick, is the ship crowded? So no Steve Moris on board? :D

I'll be cruising with you, wearing my pink Princess key!

And I will be cruising along as well. Wish we could have made that Breakfast with the four of you. Pia have a wonderful cruise, as you always do.

Remember, don't miss the show On the Bayou in Universe lounge. Get there early for a seat. You will not be disappointed. It is the best show ever.

Have fun.

Gloria and Lew:D:D

I was on the Coral in February, same direction. I can't wait to 'relive' it again through your eyes. A most enjoyable cruise!

Have fun!

You must be going on the Feb 21 cruise. Come join our roll call. Sorry, I re-read your message and you went on your cruise last Feb.

Hi Pia , thanks for doing a live thread. My daughter Julie and traveling friend Cindy are on the ship with you , they were planning on going to the meet and greet, if you should see them on board please say Hi from Mom Cori. My DH and I will be on the Coral for the canal cruise starting Dec. 1st , it will be our third time through the canal but we love the canal cruises , and are looking forward to it. I always follow your live threads for your cruises , looking forward to this one. Have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy.

Happy Cruising

Cori

Welcome aboard Commodore Pia! So glad to see your new "Live From" - I've sure missed reading you the last 7 days; didn't know what to do with myself so actually did a little housework :D Smooth sailing, fine wine & nothing but trivia wins to you and Mike!

OK. Are you ready for the numbers? I don’t know how many Elite, Plats or Golds are on board, but I did find out the other pertinent info. Number one has 1632 days, number two has 1394. Can you imagine having almost 1400 days and being second? :eek: Number three has far less; not even in the same ballpark. That’s us. Cutoff for the most traveled luncheon is 293 and the Capt. Circle party will be on a casual night instead of a formal night. We like that much better. For those who know us, you know what that means. ;)

Hi Pia! Looking forward to travelling on your Live. Congratulations on being #3. On the Grand last cruise the cut off for the lunch was 501 days! :eek:

You must be going on the Feb 21 cruise. Come join our roll call. Sorry, I re-read your message and you went on your cruise last Feb.

Thanks, but yes, we sailed over Valentine's day last year. It was wonderful.

Wish we could go again. . .

Hi Pia and Mike

so glad to see and follow along on your voyage

Congrats on being # 3 and yes I prefer the party to be on a Non formal night too.

10th Anniversary again! Gee I read the book on the Hawaiin cruise but the cruise staff forgot to schedule a follow up gathering to discuss the book.... that was okay, but I know a few were disappointed.

For someone who asked about carrying on wine, we have never hid it in any way. Sometime we put a few bottles in our knapsack so we can carry it easier, but we have lugged on a box with bottles, bags with numerous bottles and all have gone thru the scanner with no issue at all.

Enjoy the trip Pia - give Mike a hug for me, miss you both

Vickie

Happy Tuesday morning at sea, as we proceed towards Cabo San Lucas and our noon arrival. Cabo, where evidence of human habitation dates as far back as 10,000 years is not one of my favorite ports. At this point, we haven’t yet decided whether to tender or not to tender. We’ll make our decision when we see how hot it is at the specific time.

Meanwhile, we had a very nice M & G yesterday; well attended by our roll call folks. Officers in attendance were the hotel manager, food and beverage director, customer service director and cruise director. We met several people we had cruised with previously, and two more again at lunch in the dining room. Yes, lunch in the dining room because I wanted a philly cheesesteak sandwich. It was horrible; shouldn’t have bothered.

We attended the investment lecture and found we had seen him previously. And, the presentation was the same as the last time. I read while Mike dozed. Rest of the day was leisurely spent reading and hanging out on our balcony and enjoying our wine time. We had dinner in HC where I continued my b******* from yesterday. Subject matter is skim milk. The other ships put out cream, whole milk and skim near the coffee stations. I spoke to assorted head waiters and each time they say, yes, we will do it. I don’t use it, but Mike does and each time they will bring it, but he only needs a small amount and they bring a whole glass. What a waste. Hey, I’m a stockholder; hate the waste.

Favor please. I am usually very good with anagrams but cannot get these two (there are 30 of them). These are supposed to be blue chip stocks. Hugs to the one who solves them.

OCMFOTRSI

SCOADMDNL

I’m probably going to hate myself when they are solved.

Today’s schedule has a culinary demo in the morning, but not with the usual galley tour that generally follows. Another investment lecture in the AM which of course conflicts with the aforementioned demo. Afternoon brings the movie Bel Ami in the theater, Metropolis on MUTS, and not much else. Evening show is a solo male entertainer Bobby Brooks Wilson in the theater (advertising says he does Stevie Wonder and Jackie Wilson) and Universe is doing a Rock & Roll night; all night. MUTS will show Moonrise Kingdom with Bruce Willis.

That's it for now. Vickie: hug given. :D

Happy Tuesday morning at sea, as we proceed towards Cabo San Lucas and our noon arrival. Cabo, where evidence of human habitation dates as far back as 10,000 years is not one of my favorite ports. At this point, we haven’t yet decided whether to tender or not to tender. We’ll make our decision when we see how hot it is at the specific time.

Meanwhile, we had a very nice M & G yesterday; well attended by our roll call folks. Officers in attendance were the hotel manager, food and beverage director, customer service director and cruise director. We met several people we had cruised with previously, and two more again at lunch in the dining room. Yes, lunch in the dining room because I wanted a philly cheesesteak sandwich. It was horrible; shouldn’t have bothered.

We attended the investment lecture and found we had seen him previously. And, the presentation was the same as the last time. I read while Mike dozed. Rest of the day was leisurely spent reading and hanging out on our balcony and enjoying our wine time. We had dinner in HC where I continued my b******* from yesterday. Subject matter is skim milk. The other ships put out cream, whole milk and skim near the coffee stations. I spoke to assorted head waiters and each time they say, yes, we will do it. I don’t use it, but Mike does and each time they will bring it, but he only needs a small amount and they bring a whole glass. What a waste. Hey, I’m a stockholder; hate the waste.

Favor please. I am usually very good with anagrams but cannot get these two (there are 30 of them). These are supposed to be blue chip stocks. Hugs to the one who solves them.

OCMFOTRSI

SCOADMDNL

Today’s schedule has a culinary demo in the morning, but not with the usual galley tour that generally follows. Another investment lecture in the AM which of course conflicts with the aforementioned demo. Afternoon brings the movie Bel Ami in the theater, Metropolis on MUTS, and not much else. Evening show is a solo male entertainer Bobby Brooks Wilson in the theater (advertising says he does Stevie Wonder and Jackie Wilson) and Universe is doing a Rock & Roll night; all night. MUTS will show Moonrise Kingdom with Bruce Willis.

That's it for now. Vickie: hug given. :D

the first one is microsoft!

OCMFOTRSI

SCOADMDNL

Microsoft is the first one

Archived