Elite OBC's

spyro1952

What are these credits and how are they acquired?
One cruise = 1 credit

One cruise as a single = 2 credits

One cruise in a full suite = 2 credits

One cruise as a single in a full suite = 3 credits

To check for the number of credits you have, check your "My Personalizer."

Here is how Princess states the various levels for the OBC. It's kind of tricky: you get $25 after your 20th cruise credit, but the other levels aren't until after your 31st, 41st, 51st cruise credits.

Onboard credit per household after completion of 20 cruise credits†:

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits

If you had booked a B2B cruise as one cruise in the past (with just one booking number), Princess Captains Circle is now giving you credit for two cruises (and thanks to Paul on Cruise Critic for bringing this to my attention). They will have one cruise credit with how every many days the whole cruise was, and then a second cruise credit with 0 days. We took care of getting this addressed last winter, and it moved us up into the $75 level a couple of cruises ahead of what we were expecting.

Also, if you're doing B2B cruises when you hit a new level, good luck getting that extra OBC. Our cruise cards NEVER show the right number of past cruises, and our CC account doesn't either, until a few days into the next cruise. When we reach a new level, we have to ask for the correct OBC, and it takes nearly the entire cruise to get it.

Here is how Princess states the various levels for the OBC. It's kind of tricky: you get $25 after your 20th cruise credit, but the other levels aren't until after your 31st, 41st, 51st cruise credits.

If you had booked a B2B cruise as one cruise in the past (with just one booking number), Princess Captains Circle is now giving you credit for two cruises (and thanks to Paul on Cruise Critic for bringing this to my attention). They will have one cruise credit with how every many days the whole cruise was, and then a second cruise credit with 0 days. We took care of getting this addressed last winter, and it moved us up into the $75 level a couple of cruises ahead of what we were expecting.

Also, if you're doing B2B cruises when you hit a new level, good luck getting that extra OBC. Our cruise cards NEVER show the right number of past cruises, and our CC account doesn't either, until a few days into the next cruise. When we reach a new level, we have to ask for the correct OBC, and it takes nearly the entire cruise to get it.

Thanks for your post. On my last cruise, it was my "31st" and I only received $25 OBC. I thought it would have been $50. It didn't make that big of deal so I never asked but it sounds like that is correct. It was part of a B2B2B and I wondered if it was just not caught up. Now I know it was right.

I would just add that you have to request the extra cruise credit if you have done a b2b as one cruise.

Thanks for your post. On my last cruise, it was my "31st" and I only received $25 OBC. I thought it would have been $50. It didn't make that big of deal so I never asked but it sounds like that is correct. It was part of a B2B2B and I wondered if it was just not caught up. Now I know it was right.

Coral,

You should go up to $50 on your 32nd cruise credit.

My next cruise will be the first one that I am eligible for the "Elite bonus" OBC, as it will count as #s 22 and 23 (I am cruising solo). My last one was also solo, and counted as 20 & 21, so I didn't get any.

I will be interested to see if it shows up, either on my shipboard account or as the card delivered to my cabin!

My next cruise will be the first one that I am eligible for the "Elite bonus" OBC, as it will count as #s 22 and 23 (I am cruising solo). My last one was also solo, and counted as 20 & 21, so I didn't get any.

I will be interested to see if it shows up, either on my shipboard account or as the card delivered to my cabin!

It should show up, one time at the start of the cruise. The card should be in your cabin when you arrive or soon thereafter.

It should show up, one time at the start of the cruise. The card should be in your cabin when you arrive or soon thereafter.

My Mom has been in the bonus for a while and gets the card in the stateroom on embarkation. She just completed #59.

• 5 months later...

With the new Cruise Personalizer one is now able to see OBC's. For my 21st cruise next month it shows my FCC OBC, and Shareholder Benefit OBC, but no mention of the $25 for my 21st cruise (nor did I get any OBC for our 20th cruise, but the brochure onboard said that the benefit was for after the 20th cruise).

How do you learn you have gotten this benefit, other than inspection of the onboard billing printout? Is there a card from the Captain's Circle Hostess in the stateroom?

Thanks.

How do you learn you have gotten this benefit, other than inspection of the onboard billing printout? Is there a card from the Captain's Circle Hostess in the stateroom?.
There'll be a card delivered to your cabin thanking you for your loyalty and letting you know you've received a $XX credit. You can also check your onboard folio.

Did you have to apply for tjhe additional credits as B2B cruises from the past and does this also include for instance a 75 day cruise which was taken as one but also sold as 2 or 3 or 5 cruises.

Did you have to apply for tjhe additional credits as B2B cruises from the past and does this also include for instance a 75 day cruise which was taken as one but also sold as 2 or 3 or 5 cruises.

We didn't apply, per se, we simply asked the CC host on our next cruise (after reading a Cruise Critic posting by Paul) to give us the extra cruise credits. A few days later I checked, and the original cruise was still on our Captains Circle cruise history, but there was an additional 3 cruises with 0 days each added. And, yes, I would think that you would be given credit for the individual cruises in lieu of your 75-night cruise. It was easy for us because the three cruises in question were only available as two cruises each (not more), so there was little question of how many additional cruise credits we should get.

Archived