Can my son and his wife accompany us into captains club cocktail hour?

laidbackin LA

I am an elite with my husband. We are taking son and his wife with us in a second veranda. They are first-timers on celebrity, but can they attend captain's club cocktail hours with us? Just hoping they can go to cocktail hour with us for complimentary drinks. It's not like we are bringing a hoard.

My MIL joined us for our second week of our BTB on the Silhouette. She is a captain's club member but not yet elite.

We had my husband and son in one of the rooms and us three girls in the other room, so that their was an Elite Captain's club member in each room and it was no problem.

We had interlocking rooms so we had one key for both rooms and so in reality my MIL shared the room with my daughter and I bunked in with my husband and son.

The captain's club hostess got a special card for my MIL so that she could attend, and I believe that she did this because she was sharing a room with one of us, but I don't know if she would have been able to do it if we were just traveling together.

I am an elite with my husband. We are taking son and his wife with us in a second veranda. They are first-timers on celebrity, but can they attend captain's club cocktail hours with us? Just hoping they can go to cocktail hour with us for complimentary drinks. It's not like we are bringing a hoard.

I realize that you are not bringing a hoard, but just think what it would be like if everyone brought two additional guests.

From my understanding, an Elite passenger must be registered in the same room for a non-Elite guest to join them.

if you do a search on CC--can an elite bring a non elite--you will find a lot of info! For example, if a member is in ur cabin staying with you--people have stated they were able to bring that member. Different than your case....but there are a lot of hits if you do a search

if you do a search on CC--can an elite bring a non elite--you will find a lot of info! For example, if a member is in ur cabin staying with you--people have stated they were able to bring that member. Different than your case....but there are a lot of hits if you do a search

Where there is a will, there is always way to circumvent the rules. Got to have those free drinks, you know LOL!

Interesting thread.

If this is allowed then when I finally achieve the Elite status I will celebrate by having all of family members to cruise with us to share in the benefits that I have earned. Would be a great family reunion.

On our past two cruises, we've traveled with friends or family who weren't Elite. Out of courtesy to them, we did not take advantage of the Elite cocktail hour. It was well worth the cost of any drinks to spend quality time with them elsewhere.

Interesting thread.

If this is allowed then when I finally achieve the Elite status I will celebrate by having all of family members to cruise with us to share in the benefits that I have earned. Would be a great family reunion.

Hey, why not - it seems the more the merrier!!

From my limited experience as only a Select member....Room cards are checked at the door. But maybe your cruise will have drink vouchers instead of an Elite cocktail party & if so you might find a way to donate some of those to your DS & DDiL.

I have to say, I'm working hard at becoming Elite by having to take all these cruises:D and think that trying to include your DS & DDiL in the cocktail hour that you've earned thru your Elite status is pushing it. As another poster commented- just think what it would be like if every Elite brought 2 additional guests!

Did they miss out on the 1-2-3 package?

Interesting thread.

As long as they fit in the same cabin:rolleyes:

When we cruised with my sister and BIL, since they weren't Elite, we asked if they could accompany us and they would purchase their own cocktails at the bar. The point was we wanted to spend that time together...they weren't in it for the free drinks. They allowed them in, and after a night or two, the waitstaff started bringing them complimentary cocktails anyway. BTW, they did tip generously as they thought it was very nice that the staff did that, as they didn't expect it. It may have helped that there were very few Elite on that cruise, so the lounge was quite empty. They even allowed them to bring their twins who were 11 years old at the time. The kids are very quiet and sat reading books while we chatted. The waitstaff appreciated that they were so well behaved that on a couple of occasions, they made them a special non-alcohol drink.

The point is, not everything is written in stone.

We have some very close friends travelling with us....I guess I should bring them with us as well, they aren't a hoard just a couple of nice people. I met this very nice lady at dinner and she would like to join us for free drinks....hey, it's only one, why not.

Thanks for starting this thread. We are also elite and we are planning a family cruise that includes our four children and their spouses. It would be fantastic if Celebrity picked up our bar tab for evening drinks between 5 and 7.

ghstudio, hahahaha, snide. But, it is about perks for frequent cruisers, isn't it??

Right, the perk is for the FREQUENT cruiser, not for them AND anyone who happens to be sailing in the same ship as them.

Think about what you're requesting. If 1 person does it, everyone can, and then well, it will just be a regular ship activity.

Why even have this perk if everyone is allowed to bring family and friends? When we were on Equinox, we were not allowed to bring our Select friends to the cocktail hour as they checked room cards. I think it's very presumptuous that people feel they can bring anyone along to this perk just because.......

Just like those who are bringing their own beverages to public areas of the ship, if things like this continue, don't be surprised if Celebrity stops these perks especially if it hits their bottom line.

That would be classified as a hoard. Hahahaha.

And we thought that we were just raising a herd.

What if we just rotate them one drink at a time? Each of them could stay for 30 minutes and leave. Do you think anyone checks if they take their drink out with them?

Would it help if they wear formal clothes every evening?

But, it is about perks for frequent cruisers, isn't it??

That's right perks for frequent cruisers not family and friends, so if you want to spend some quality time with them, go to a bar and buy a drink.

The point is probably moot given that so many cruises are now providing vouchers instead of holding the Elite cocktail hour. So if the OP is on one of the voucher cruises they will be able to bring their children, and they can all share the drink coupons. They are very precise about providing only three coupons per member, so there won't be any financial advantage.

Assuming that you eat your meals together, don't you think it's just possible that son and daughter-in-law might actually enjoy a little bit of private time on their own or with others their own age that they might meet? They might be too polite to bring it up, but might actually love to do something by themselves. Unless they seem REALLY anxious to accompany you to the event every night, I wouldn't even try to make it happen.

Archived