Inviting guests on board ship whilst in port

I am going on the Spanish med cruise which departs Southampton on 29th June and arrives Ibiza 8th July.

I am wondering if its worth calling RCCL to see if they will allow some friends on board for lunch. I don't mind paying I would just like them to see the ship.

:D

So if RCI doesn't allow it, who were the "day visitors" I saw during our Oasis cruise?

Could have been travel agents, wedding party guests, local port authorities, etc.

So if RCI doesn't allow it, who were the "day visitors" I saw during our Oasis cruise?

All cruise lines bring on local travel agents to tour the ship so those agents will sell their product. I've seen this happen many times, most recently on our Navigator cruise. They brought on local travel agents in every port stop.

It's not going to happen...last year on my Brilliance cruise in the Canadian maritimes, the ship made a port call in the town where my friend lives. She knew a RCI captain and she asked if he could get her permission to board BR to meet us. He made the request to Miami and the answer was no. So if one of RCI's own masters can't get permission, I doubt OP can. Of course the OP can tell Miami the friends are travel agents...:O

If RC already said no why the duplicate thread?

I tried to make the post but the site wasn't working as it should and it resulted in the subject being posted twice.

I suggest you don't make flippant comments in future until you know the facts.

:confused:

This thread was posted twice by OP yesterday during the board "glitch"; posts went through as "posted" but when they didn't show up immediately, members re-posted. There were several repeated threads.

NO!! There couldn't have been a repeat thread. Thats terrible!

I remember being a little kid and having lunches and brunches on very grand cruise ships out of San Pedro, CA at Bon Voyage Parties hosted by my grandparents. We got very dressed up, it was a huge deal. Back then, you could bring whole parties of people on for a few hours before sailings. And I'm not THAT OLD, by the way, I'm talking the 1970's.:D:eek:

Those good ol' days are long gone now, thanks to security issues.:mad:

I wouldn't get my hopes up, I've heard it's nearly impossible.:(

The only known exception is wedding guests.

That isn't true has already been stated in this thread. Local travel agents are often invited tour visiting ships. We also saw a group of local school children on a field trip to visit the ship. Forget which port but remember it was when we were on a western caribbean itinerary.

I am going on the Spanish med cruise which departs Southampton on 29th June and arrives Ibiza 8th July.

I am wondering if its worth calling RCCL to see if they will allow some friends on board for lunch. I don't mind paying I would just like them to see the ship.

:D

I'm guessing no. No guests allowed.

I remember being a little kid and having lunches and brunches on very grand cruise ships out of San Pedro, CA at Bon Voyage Parties hosted by my grandparents. We got very dressed up, it was a huge deal. Back then, you could bring whole parties of people on for a few hours before sailings. And I'm not THAT OLD, by the way, I'm talking the 1970's.:D:eek:

Remember back when they used to toss streamers and confetti at sailaway, too? :)

Remember back when they used to toss streamers and confetti at sailaway, too? :)

I remember seeing my grandparents sail away from Southampton on the Canberra {THAT LONG AGO} My Mum had seen them to their stateroom also

My Grandad was lobing packets of streamers to us kids and the Band of the Royal Marines played on the keyside

Great Memories

Archived