Am I the only one that hates to wear jeans?

karinad

Jeans are my go to clothes for traveling, have worn them on all of our European cruises and felt very comfortable. I agree with all of the posters that you have to find what brand gives you a good feel and fit.

I don't take them on Caribbean cruises, unless we are flying from Indiana during the winter months. I have worn dark jeans in the MDR on our European cruises, usually with a sparkly top & heels. My husband told me I looked pretty good!:D

Sherri:)

Don't get me wrong, I wish I loved the way they felt on me! It's a lot easier to just put a pair on and a nice tee shirt or dressy shirt and if the fit is great you're set to go! I just wish I felt they were more comfortable! I would pay big bucks for the PERFECT pair (even tho I'm not rich) and would buy multiples.

I'm also not shaped like the typical model, so finding a pair that fit is another thread! As another poster said, if they're to big, they don't look right!

• 1 month later...

We are going on a theme cruise in Nov with lots of concerts (Kenny Loggins, ThreeDogNight, etc....), so I think jeans will be in the suitcase. I mean, think about what you wore the last time you went to a concert! For me, it was jeans, a cool top and boots or heels. Concerts are not the place for dresses (in my mind)

Jennifer & Jay

Canon City, CO

I thought I was the only one. I hate jeans. I have one pair and I really don't like the fit. My sizing problem is that I have skinny legs and a big tummy. So, anything that fits my waist, is really baggy in the legs. I also have no butt. I do wear them in the winter but that is about it.

You all have given me hope that there is a pair out there for me. Thanks.

Edited by luvscruising2007

I thought I was the only one. I hate jeans. I have one pair and I really don't like the fit. My sizing problem is that I have skinny legs and a big tummy. So, anything that fits my waist, is really baggy in the legs. I also have no butt. I do wear them in the winter but that is about it.

You all have given me hope that there is a pair out there for me. Thanks.

This is exactly my problem, plus, I'm petite, only 5' on a good day! My hips are also slim. Even the jeggings don't fit me tight, but a legging might be to tight to wear with some tops. I'm not 30 anymore and don't want to dress like it.

I had read somewhere that you might not find a jean that will fit you if you're short. I hate to spend money to alter things, too!

I don't love jeans. I have some but since I live in NC, I don't wear them often because I find them too hot. And I never travel with them - I find a nice black pant (even a casual cotton) is more flexible in dressing up or down and since I try to pack light, that's my preference.

I would definitely look for some brands that are geared to petites. What fits me (with defined waist & big hips/thighs) isn't going to work for you.....(I have some skinny white JJill and Chicos, dark Levis bootcut - all from Goodwill since my weight loss - that I will wear on occasion) Good luck!

For a long time I never wore jeans, probably from age 40-60 or more because of the same concerns; too heavy, not comfortable, hate tight clothes, couldn't find anything I liked, etc.

The last few years I have taken to wearing jeans again, I think because there is a lot more variety of styles out there in jeans than there used to be; jeans that fit 'mature' figures better, different fabric weights and cuts, etc.

It still is a pain shopping for jeans, but I can at least find some now. I don't usually wear them around home, but I do wear them out and about and even on cruises, where needed for weather.

Of course I wore them when I was young, but after a horrible experience with too-tight jeans and a overnight car ride from the ski slopes back home in a station wagon with another couple and 5!!!kids, I gave up on jeans for many years.

I think it's about finding the perfect pair- I tried on so many before finding the only pair I own at the moment! They are super skinny acid wash ones and I love them, so easy to just pull on and match anything. And skinny jeans aren't just for younger people- my mum wears them too! Not sure I'd take them on holiday with me though, as I wear them all the time at home, and I like holiday clothes to feel special :)

Jeans too heavy, chafe in long plane rides. Take up too much luggage room. I also feel I look heavier in them. I think they are out of place on ship unless white. Most of us Americans look lousy in them. BUT the Europeans look great in those slim leg fashionable ones.

Guest maddycat

I love jeans and wear them all of the time. I even wear capri jeans in warm weather. When it's really hot, I wear very light weight cotton shorts or capris instead.

I'm 5'3" and wear a size 10 or 12 petite. The brands that I find fit me the best are Lee (straight leg), Gloria Vanderbilt (Amanda) and Ralph Lauren. I like all of my pants to fit "at the waist". I don't find the "below the waist" pants comfortable. When I wear my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, I'm always asked if I have lost weight. They have narrow legs which are very slenderizing.

Hi All!

I love jeans and jean capri's and I live in Florida! I have been losing weight - 57 lbs. so far and found new jeans that I love! They are Jones New York "Lexington Straight" jeans! They fit so nice and they make me look so much thinner!

I don't usually wear jeans on a cruise but cruising has changed so much since we first started cruising in 1999! Jeans are much more common today on cruises as the age of cruisers has dropped and cruising has become more popular with those that don't remember when cruising was much dressier! I occasionally wear jean capri's in the evening when we walk around the promenade deck because I am comfortable in them! I would never wear them to the MDR!!!

What ever you choose to wear, enjoy your cruise!

Cheryl

Eddie Bauer has both curvy and slightly curvy jeans.

I'll have to check that out when I'm near a store. The problem I've noticed is that jeans labeled as curvy fit tend to conform to hips and thighs. I can tell you that the Levi's Curve ID jeans did not work at all. I would have had to go up 3 sizes from my measured waist size even though they sell by waist size and are supposed to be for curvy figures.

I normally don't take jeans when I travel. I've discovered nice black yoga pants can be paired with a variety of nice tops and no one really notices you're walking around in yoga pants (with the right shoes and top) -- they're my go-to travel-day pant. I also really like Land's End Starfish knit pants. They're a nice weight knit and they have a little zippered pocket at the waist, just the right size for a cruise card or ID. Paired with a cute shirt, jacket, sweater, scarf, whatever they look nice and put-together... plus it's a stretchy waistband!

For jeans, if you have a Loft (Ann Taylor store), they tend to have a great selection in petities. But as always, you need to dedicate time to try them on and be prepared to be discouraged.

I'll have to check that out when I'm near a store. The problem I've noticed is that jeans labeled as curvy fit tend to conform to hips and thighs. I can tell you that the Levi's Curve ID jeans did not work at all. I would have had to go up 3 sizes from my measured waist size even though they sell by waist size and are supposed to be for curvy figures.

NEVER, EVER, go by size!!!! That's the one major mistake many make when trying on jeans. You didn't have to "go up 3 sizes", you found ones that supposedly fit that, in that particular brand, was labeled differently from what you are used to seeing. No, it doesn't mean you suddenly got fat (or "fluffy"); it's just the sizing. Heck, I've seen some pants where the "size" listed has my waist and hips on them, yet I'm swimming in them or I can't get them up over my backside!!! You just gotta try them on and ignore what the tag says.

NEVER, EVER, go by size!!!! That's the one major mistake many make when trying on jeans. You didn't have to "go up 3 sizes", you found ones that supposedly fit that, in that particular brand, was labeled differently from what you are used to seeing. No, it doesn't mean you suddenly got fat (or "fluffy"); it's just the sizing. Heck, I've seen some pants where the "size" listed has my waist and hips on them, yet I'm swimming in them or I can't get them up over my backside!!! You just gotta try them on and ignore what the tag says.

I agree in most cases. In this case, for the jeans to not be suctioned to my legs, the waist would have had major gapping, which is what I want to avoid. So even though they were listed as for curvy figures, they really weren't.

I keep reading the different replies on this thread and I go back to the

same concept........

Different strokes for different folks:) and I am glad we all like

different things because if we were all the same? Well, in my opinion,

THAT would be pedestrian and boring:D....I like jeans. Do I wear

them all the time? Nooo.....but I do like them. Blue, white, green,

black, purple......I like jeans.;) Do I take them on cruises? If I am

going to Alaska, yes....to the Caribbean? Nope.

If you don't like them? Don't wear them:)