Crystal blocks

addicted2

I recently called C & A to advise that we would obtain our next level of 210 on our next cruise on the Freedom and wanted to know if they still presented them to us while we were on the cruise. I was told that they do not notify the LA ahead of time and they don't present them to you on the ship. I will have to call after we get back and they will mail one to us. I had to call them for our first one. So I guess you folks that receive them on the ship are lucky.

Marc

Luck doesn't play a part, if you ask your Loyalty Ambassador, they have the blocks on the ship. They will look up your cruise credits and give you your block during your cruise....K.O.;)

Nope. It used to be that the first block was awarded at 30 cruise credits. When RCI changed to a points system, they also changed the first block award to 140 points.

Nope...

Went from 30 cruise credits to 20 cruise credits (June 1, 2010) which changed to 140 points when those changes started.

Edited by EVALUATOR

I recently called C & A to advise that we would obtain our next level of 210 on our next cruise on the Freedom and wanted to know if they still presented them to us while we were on the cruise. I was told that they do not notify the LA ahead of time and they don't present them to you on the ship. I will have to call after we get back and they will mail one to us. I had to call them for our first one. So I guess you folks that receive them on the ship are lucky.

Marc

You would think that if they value your cruise business so much as to give you a crystal block to commemorate your sailing then they would take advantage of making a big deal about it by presenting it to you at sea on the cruise you earned it. Don't see how this would be too difficult especially if they aren't personalized. I would be impressed to see a group of high up cruise staff making a big deal about presenting the block at dinner with a bottle of champagne. Just think of all the other cruisers who would be asking their waiters what all the fuss was about. We should get ours in a couple of cruises.

Marc

You were definitely given the wrong information. I'm sorry to say that some of the reps at the C&A facility in Springfield, Oregon are not very well informed.

You are to receive the crystal block on the ship that you've reached that particular milestone on. We received one on Enchantment in April and we received it at the Repeater's Party.

My suggestion to you is to speak with the LA once on board. Since each ship handles presentation of these blocks differently, you will either get it at the Repeater's Party or you will find it in your cabin.

Edited by cruisenfever

I got mine for 140 points on Vision last December.

We got our first one on Vision last December as well. Luckily I knew from CC about the blocks so enquired with the LA on day 2 of the cruise. She did not have us previously listed but looked up our credits and added us to the list. Several evenings later the block was waiting for us in our stateroom.

We should get our next one in February on Radiance.

I have never heard of crystal blocks. We have 154 points & never got anything. Also, aren't you supposed to get pins at certain levels? My hubby is a pin collector & would have loved to get them! Who do we see about all this? Thank heavens for Cruise Critic!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Nope. It used to be that the first block was awarded at 30 cruise credits. When RCI changed to a points system, they also changed the first block award to 140 points.

Yes (in agreement)....so those of us that were beyond 140 points when the changeover occurred, were not given the blocks retroactively. :)

Yes (in agreement)....so those of us that were beyond 140 points when the changeover occurred, were not given the blocks retroactively. :)

As guess that is why I didn't get one for 140.:D Should have gotten one for the Indy.

So as "Thetrial" put it so nicely. I was wrong on my earlier post.

Edited by PantherFan

Same here. :( My 140pt block should have been from the Monarch, which would have been a great remembrance now that she is no longer part of the fleet.

I have 5 crystal blocks, one each from the Sovereign class, Vision class, Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class. I'm trying to work it so that my next block will be from the Oasis class:)

What a neat idea! I never thought about planning the timing so you could collect different ships. I wonder if anyone has accomplished a complete collection of all the ships.

Might be something to aim for when I retire:D

Expensive little suckers.....so nice of them to give a little something in return for all the $$ it took to achieve it.....should be made of solid gold....

Better yet...keep the paperweight and give me a free cruise for being a frequent flyer....

I really hope people are not that gullible to be motivated by trinkets.....but then if history tells us anything, people lost a lot more for shiny things.....

Edited by B-52

Well, that's true, 40 here or 4000 on a cruise:D

This one might be popular

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Caribbean-Allure-Of-The-Seas-Crystal-Block-Paperweight-NIB-/281165461079

I have this one. Actually regardless of the particular ship, it is the same size in relation to the block. So, the Sovereign "looks" the same size as the Allure. The Allure is a bit taller, but both are the same length on the block.

M

Just called C&A & they are mailing me our crystal block for our cruise on Allure when we reached 140 points. They are also sending a diamond level pin for my hubby. We never received pins for any of our levels, but would only send currant level. Thanks Cruise Critic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free