Crystal blocks

addicted2

How do people pack these blocks to get them home? We'll be overseas for the next block, and they limit our carry-on weight. And they're HEAVY, so it will need to be in our checked luggage.

Yes, they weigh 5 pounds but they do come in a padded box. We always put ours in our carry-on because they do come up as "suspicious" going through x-ray. If you pack it in your checked luggage, be prepared for your luggage to be opened and "inspected" before it is loaded onto the plane.

We were on a B2B on liberty when we got to 20 points (old system).

We ended up with 2 of them. I packed one in the checked bag, and the other in the carryon.

At FLL, the bag weighed in at 51 pounds, but they let it pass anyway.

The carryon went through the x-ray , and they searched the bag, since the block is mostly shows up on the machine.

Had I put the second in the suitcase, I am sure I would have had to pay extra.

I find it hard to believe that what you saw being sold for $15 is the "same" crystal block that is given out by C&A. Have seen crystal items before being sold on ships, but never the C&A Crystal Block.

Being sold on eBay, that would be an entirely different story.

We saw a smaller version on the Oasis, with the ship engraved in a crystal block, sitting on a light stand, in one of the shops. Similar in design to the C&A block but much smaller.

Edited by Tagsalong

I hate to sound ignorant but we're Diamond Plus and have not received a crystal block. I don't see anything in the Crown & Anchor section about the crystal blocks. How are you supposed to receive it. It sounds like some people call to get one and others get it while on a sailing. We passed 140 points a couple of years ago.

I hate to sound ignorant but we're Diamond Plus and have not received a crystal block. I don't see anything in the Crown & Anchor section about the crystal blocks. How are you supposed to receive it. It sounds like some people call to get one and others get it while on a sailing. We passed 140 points a couple of years ago.

Just telephone the D+ dedicated telephone number and they will ship it/them to you at no charge. Also you will receive an apology.;)

If you log in on the RCL website it is under member benefits. See below. That said we did NOT receive ours at 140 or 210 while onboard. We had to call the D+ desk for both of them. Like others have said just give them a call and they will ship it to you. Good luck

4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter

On the C&A portion of the RCI website under Member's Benefits look under "OnBoard Benefits" and in footnote #4 is reads........

"A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter".

If you log in on the RCL website it is under member benefits. See below. That said we did NOT receive ours at 140 or 210 while onboard. We had to call the D+ desk for both of them. Like others have said just give them a call and they will ship it to you. Good luck

4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter

You were 2 minutes faster!:D

We just received our first block on Explorer (and happy since that is our favorite and most traveled on ship). Much to our delight, we were invited to a "top tier event" followed up by a phone call to our stateroom to be sure we attended, as we were seated in reserved seating up front, brought up on stage and presented the block with a certificate and then had our picture taken with the captain and cruise director and given the photo later that day. NICE! I am thinking the crown and anchor loyalty person on board is responsible for these and she did a great job on our cruise.

How nice!! I was excited to receive our first a few months ago- because I have seen such a presentation- but just found it in our cabin in a box one day. We were on the Independence of the Seas n December. Might need to do Explorer when 210 comes up- LOL!

Fran

I find it hard to believe that what you saw being sold for $15 is the "same" crystal block that is given out by C&A. Have seen crystal items before being sold on ships, but never the C&A Crystal Block.

Being sold on eBay, that would be an entirely different story.

Okay! We did see them (about ten) grouped together - some in the box, some on the boxes with a sign placed between them calling out it was a crystal block and $15.00 each. May have been smaller, didn't look or feel smaller.....just dusty:)

DH and I were also disappointed to see them.

I wonder how each ship handles giving out the Commemorative Crystal for those who make Pinnacle. Do they just put it on the bed or do some ships actually make a presentation.

Anyone already experienced this event want to share?

I recently called C & A to advise that we would obtain our next level of 210 on our next cruise on the Freedom and wanted to know if they still presented them to us while we were on the cruise. I was told that they do not notify the LA ahead of time and they don't present them to you on the ship. I will have to call after we get back and they will mail one to us. I had to call them for our first one. So I guess you folks that receive them on the ship are lucky.

Marc

We received our first one on the Mariner last year and yes there was a presentation by the Captain. Go and see the LA as soon as you board and let her know, although on our cruise she had the list of everyone who would reach a level on that cruise and we all received an invitation to the event and all received a great photo of the presentation.

J

Edited by joandian

I wonder how each ship handles giving out the Commemorative Crystal for those who make Pinnacle. Do they just put it on the bed or do some ships actually make a presentation.

We earned our 700th cruise point on Jewel. We were given our crystal award at the Top Tier Party. We also received a basket of goodies from RCI along with a bottle of champagne, and, of course a photo. We were also able to include friends to sit with us in the special section reserved for that evening. It was quite nice.

Here is a picture of the crystal award that you get when you reach Pinnacle Club.

1643_2.jpg.b587b2e5418d5d775ee30482acaf563a.jpg

Misread the question... oops.

Edited by BillB48

• 2 months later...

my wife hit 209 points on her last voyage and she talked the LA into giving her the block. She told her that she was afraid she would get multiple Freedom blocks in the next two years and she would really like the Indy. I guess it helps when you book 4 solo's with the LA. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I will be on the Allure in August when I reach 210 points. I really want to make sure I get the Allure block as it is my favorite ship by far? Should I contact someone ahead of time to ensure I am on their list?

No need. If it is not delivered to your cabin by about half way through the cruise, just pay the Loyalty Ambassador a visit and ask about it. They probably store them in the closet in their office area.

I will be on the Allure in August when I reach 210 points. I really want to make sure I get the Allure block as it is my favorite ship by far? Should I contact someone ahead of time to ensure I am on their list?

We got our first block on Allure last Nov. I had forgotten about it but DH hadn't. We didn't say anything and it just showed up in our cabin on the day we hit 140 pts. We'll be like 7 pts away from 210 after our Vision cruise next year so I guess we need to pick the ship we want a block from for the RCI cruise after that LOL.

Has anyone ever gotten the wrong block?? I made 280 points in March on the Independence and did not get a block. I sent an e-mail after I got home and was told it would be mailed to me. 2 1/2 months later I received a Crystal Block that says Serenade of the Seas. I was never on the Serenade. Do I call them??? It doesn't have any meaning if it is from a ship you haven't been on yet.

Irene

Has anyone ever gotten the wrong block?? I made 280 points in March on the Independence and did not get a block. I sent an e-mail after I got home and was told it would be mailed to me. 2 1/2 months later I received a Crystal Block that says Serenade of the Seas. I was never on the Serenade. Do I call them??? It doesn't have any meaning if it is from a ship you haven't been on yet.

Irene

================================================

Same exact thing happened to me with my March IOS cruise- never been on the Serenade - but the paperwork inside the mailed box did say Independence of the Seas .

Seems they have a lot of Serenade inventory to move.

I won't call them - but - will inquire at C&A on next cruise on Liberty when they're supposed to give me another block.