You Know You are Cruise Geek When...

FRMPEI

Wow its official...I'm a Cruise Geek and there is no cure. Apparently, I've heard that taking a cruise is sort of a cure, works like a computer upgrade patch, but it wears off as you disembark. We need more research and that means more cruises. :D:D:D

I've renamed my dining room "Murano's"' date=' and when I imbibe too much at home I tell DH it's okay, since I have a drink package. Does that make me a geek?[/quote']

Not necessarily. It might mean that you live in an alternate universe. It really is quite a nice place to be, isn't it?

@lighting bolt- see how great that works...! LOL!

If possible I book a pre cruise hotel very close to the port, just to see ships comeing in! In Miami- when staying longer then a night prior cruising I make I am in Miami Beach were one can follow the ships going out, which starts at 5 pm. I am there half an hour before, just in case.......- I would call that cruise geek..!

Your a true Cruise Geek when you are planning the next Cruise while on a cruise and book it within a week of getting back home from a Cruise!

Sorry, can't do that. Usually have a couple already stacked up when we are on a cruise .... That is far, far too late to book out next cruise.

Sue

You're Cruise Geek when you stand on a beach and try to name the ship and cruise line of a ship that is passing you more than a mile off-shore; and you get both the line and ship's name correct.

(Not that I find myself doing that too often from the Jersey shore... just on weekends.)

Yes... I'm a cruise geek, in the fact that my CLOSET is organized by:

(1) Excursions

(2) Casual night

(3) Formal night

(4) Outer wear

(5) Shoes

(6) Jewelry

Every single purchase is prefaced by "can I wear this on a cruise?" If the answer is no, it usually won't see my closet! :eek::p:)

Hahahaha! Great idea! Actually, I am pretty close to doing that already! :o

A cruise geek is when you reserve a cruise two years ahead of time on the day the bookings open up, because you know exactly which ship & cabin you want and none other will do! :)

Guilty. :)

You know that you are a cruise Geek when you spent 30 minutes at a genealogical conference arguing that you know more about the ships than the cruise company's shore based staff with someone who runs genealogical cruises. And I did - know more and argue!

Sue

This thread is cracking me up! I am sooo guilty of so many of the things posted. I am most guilty of spending an inordinate amount of time perusing all the threads on Cruise Critic (I have sailed with THE Cruise Critic) and been on these boards since the beginning of time.....

Not close enough to watch in person. DH and I both watched the sail away in Miami for the Carnival Breeze last Saturday. We were excited because she had to go in the turning basin and pirouette to head out to sea. Watched the whole thing on Port of Miami web cam.

What's worse, I also had my tablet on so we could watch from her forward cam as well.

It's always amazing to watch those big ships move like that and in such small spaces, relatively speaking but in Miami it is probably particularly important not to hit American airline Arena.

Oh wait. I need to check BB pilots to see which ship will be in port this weekend.

Can you say GEEK!

You're Cruise Geek when you stand on a beach and try to name the ship and cruise line of a ship that is passing you more than a mile off-shore; and you get both the line and ship's name correct.

(Not that I find myself doing that too often from the Jersey shore... just on weekends.)

I watched the "maiden" voyage of the EPIC from NYC to MIA from the boardwalk of Seaside Heights. People moved away from me as I got extremely excited.

My daughters live in Hoboken and text me pictures of cruise ships along the Hudson and I can text them back the names of the ships.

FRM PEI - Great thread and we love PEI. Nice place to live. The hockey fans in Central Ohio feel a strong connection to PEI!

Love the cruise geek ideas. DH and I are thinking of retiring to FL (at a much later date) simply because we can then take cruises without flying. We figure we can get a lot more cruises in that way. Does that count?

Ohiodoglover

Archived