Good by Celebrity, and hello NCL.

BJC

For those of you who took seriously the concerns raised in my previous post about what we believed to be a downward trend in the quality of service, and especially the lack of response from Celebrity to my concerns as sent to them, about the quality of the food and overall appearance of the Celebrity Constellation and other problems, on our June Baltic Cruise, and suggestions that we should try another cruise line, so we did, and so it is, good by Celebrity, and hello NCL.

Well we have just returned from a cruise up the East Coast, from NY to Halifax and back, on the Norwegian Gem and we would have to say it was wonderful, the ship is bright and vibrant, the Crew are wonderful, the food is good and the service is excellent, it was just like Celebrity was 10 years ago.

I know that I will be hounded again by those in blinkers who only see cruise ships with a white cross on a blue background, but frankly I don’t give a dam, so now we will cruise on and try other cruise lines such as the more traditionalists like Cunard, P&O and others.

Smart move..Glad you enjoyed NCL.

I don't know your history, but I have always believed that those who stick to just one cruise line are doing themselves a huge disservice.

Get out there and explore - including other lines, ships and itineraries. Isn't that what travel is all about?

If you want everything the same (good or bad)...stay home.

I've spread around enough cruise dollars to have hit level 3 on all the majors (HAL, X, Princess, and RCCL), and each one has positives and not so positives, and I'll continue to book based on itinerary and the need to experience something different.

frankly I don’t give a dam, so now we will cruise on and try other cruise lines such as the more traditionalists like Cunard, P&O and others.

Enjoy the others.. Likewise, I'm sure the feelings are mutual... :cool:

For those of you who took seriously the concerns raised in my previous post about what we believed to be a downward trend in the quality of service, and especially the lack of response from Celebrity to my concerns as sent to them, about the quality of the food and overall appearance of the Celebrity Constellation and other problems, on our June Baltic Cruise, and suggestions that we should try another cruise line, so we did, and so it is, good by Celebrity, and hello NCL.

Well we have just returned from a cruise up the East Coast, from NY to Halifax and back, on the Norwegian Gem and we would have to say it was wonderful, the ship is bright and vibrant, the Crew are wonderful, the food is good and the service is excellent, it was just like Celebrity was 10 years ago.

I know that I will be hounded again by those in blinkers who only see cruise ships with a white cross on a blue background, but frankly I don’t give a dam, so now we will cruise on and try other cruise lines such as the more traditionalists like Cunard, P&O and others.

Please tell us how you really feel.:D

Glad that you found a cruise line that you like. There's a cruise line out there for just about everyone. For me, cruised on NCL four times. Twice within the last few years. They do suite perks well but everything was just a notch above Carnival. They would not be my top three to choose from. Enjoy your future cruises.

I agree that trying new lines is fun and keeps things fresh. Also, how can you comment on a cruise line you have never sailed on? We have tried five lines and so far we like Royal Caribbean and Celebrity the best with Princess coming in third. No doubt we will eventually try others.

Good luck in your cruising adventures!

We have tried four lines since 2004 and have sailed with NCL twice. We enjoyed our cruises on NCL but after having sailed with Celebrity on four cruises (including the Constellation in June to the Norwegian Fjords) I have to say that I am loyal to Celebrity. If I had children with us then RCCL would be my first choice. The beauty of it is that there is something for everyone.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Please tell us how you really feel.:D

We like Celebrity and NCL! Different strokes................

I bet I'll see a similar post on the NCL Forum within twelve months:rolleyes:

Love these posts.

Kinda strange these odd threads where the OP's write like spurned lovers after a bad break-up.

And why would we care ? Enjoy NCL BJC, or don't. It's all the same to me.

Personally I never understood brand loyalty . Each cruise is another opportunity to find a new adventure.

Use the cruise line that makes you happy .different strokes for different folks ,the saying goes.;)

We love Celebrity & RCCL :D.After 59 cruises & counting (Princess ,Holland & Carnival) with the most on Celebrity ,we honestly won't change ,unless the itinerary was so exceptional & it would have to be Princess .However ,Celebrity is now doing more interesting itineraries under the new CEO;):D;which suits us just fine

IInterestingly, I spoke to a neighbor today, who was on the same cruise; and, she was very displeased. She stated, that with the exception of a few desserts the food was the worst she had ever eaten on any cruise ship. Basically, she stated that the experience was not as good as her Carnival cruises. She also added that it was not even close to Azamara.

See ya.

If you are happy that is all that matters.

If you are so disappointed in X why bother with making a post about your new found better than sliced bread cruise line? :confused:

If I ever get bad service or don't like a establishment I never go back and never give them the satisfaction of telling them why. If they didn't give me the product or service that I was looking for there is no reason to give them a second chance. There are too many options and a lot of competiton.

It appears as if you are looking for something from Celebrity to beg you to come back.

If I were you I would just let it go and keep sailing with NCL as it appears that they meet all of your requirements and standards.

Happy sailing.

.:D

Glad to hear you enjoyed your NCL cruise, but have to say your "good by" to Celebrity based on your Connie experiences is a wee bit over the top IMHO.

We cruise Celebrity/RCCL enough to be at Elite/Diamond level and hand on heart I can say the only times we have had significant problems have been on Reflection, which I put down to the newness of ship and crew, and on Independence which is one ship I will never sail again. However giving up on other ships in both lines is not going to happen.

Having said that we also cruise NCL; originally for Hawaii and subsequently for Med cruises, in fact we are off on Jade for 3 weeks at the end of November and looking forward to a port intensive lively break.

It is good to try other cruise lines from time to time, they are not all the same in so many ways. I find NCL MDR food to be on par with RCCL, but NCL's buffet fare to be better than both Celebrity and RCCL, but thats a personal thing of course.

We have also tried the following:

Carnival - never ever again.

P&O - probably never again.

Azamara - excellent but now out of my price range, so only on bargain deals.

Fred Olsen - too formal for us, so probably never again.

Despite trying these others we still come back to one of X/RCCL/NCL as the best "fit" for our needs, just wish some of the itineraries could include some new places instead of same old, same old.

Archived