Difference in Daytime Dress Celebrity vs Carnival

Luvsnorkeling

What itinerary? If it's warm weather, the dress will be the same as Carnival....shorts and tops during the day.

Contrary to popular belief of many of the people here who have never been on Carnival, the people don't dress any differently during the day than they do on Celebrity. In the evening, there is a more casual take on dining, but other than that, no difference.

I might add that we have also cruised on Holland America and Princess, so we are not Carnival exclusive cruisers. In fact, only 3 cruises on Carnival because friends wanted to sail that line and wanted us to go with them.

Celebrity seems to portray an image of being a "cut-above." That's why I wanted to make sure we were packing properly. However, from some of the feedback here, it won't be much different from HAL or Princess (or even Carnival), except maybe in the evenings. Our evening wear has always been as nice as or nicer than many of the other passengers on all lines, so we should have no problems on Celebrity.

Thanks to all who responded to my question.

We have cruised HAL, Princess, Carnival & Celebrity. Wear what you were comfortable with on HAL & Princess and you will be fine. If it is a cruise with many people using the pool areas, then daytime dress will be more casual with a lot of swimsuit cover ups..

All these people bashing Carnival? Have they ever been on Carnival? And the question was about DAYTIME attire! Carnival, RCCL, Princess, Celebrity....all the same during the day. Shorts, tees, tanks, swimsuits and coverups, bathrobes being worn to the pool..........Celebrity will be a bit more dressier at night than Carnival, but that was not your question.

Have fun!

We cruised Norwegian before selecting a Celebrity cruise for my 50th birthday and I was so wigged out over the dress code posts. I really didn't find too much different in daytime dressing between the two lines and I would think Carnival is pretty much the same thing. People on Celebrity wear pretty much the same things during the day that they did on Norwegian. The evening on Celebrity is nice pants, shirt, blouse or dress with the exception formal nights and I wouldn't say they are true *formal* in the Caribbean for sure. Just take what you had planned and don't spaz. It's really not worth it....take it from one who did!

Daytime....shorts/t's/bathing suits/coverups........warm weather

cruises:)

Alaska:).......I would say layers...long pants/long sleeves...........;)

Daytime is casual on all the itineraries:D

I haven't sailed Carnival (nothing personal against them) so I don't know exactly how their clientale dresses during the day. I have sailed RC, X, and HAL a few times. Daytime wear seems to be similar for them all but varies a little by itinerary.

Caribbean cruises - shorts, capris, sundresses, jeans, khakis, casual shirts, etc. I've even seen "wife beater" (I abhor that term!) tank tops at least once on all the cruiselines.

Mediterranean cruises - slightly nicer dress than Caribbean. More people in capris (a few guys wearing "manpris"), sundresses, and khakis than shorts, jeans, or printed tees. I even saw some tank tops.

Alaska cruises - varies because of weather. For warmer days, it's like the Carribean, although I didn't see many sundresses. For cooler days, jeans and long sleeves.

One more vote for there is no difference at all during the day. At night, especially on formal nights, there is a big difference. Some on Carnival dress to the 9's and others may stay casual. (some very casual ;))

We've sailed both extensively -- just off the Carnival Conquest for 14 days last month.

(I happen to prefer Carnival's casual night time dress) :)

I have traveled more on Carnival than X. I wear the same type of clothes on both.

When in any port look at the people there. Do you think that you can tell what cruise line those people are sailing on by what they are wearing?

THe only way that I can tell is when they are wearing a lanyard with their sea card.

.🎅🎄

Have been on Carnival twice, both in Europe. The difference in dress is not noticeable, neither day nor night.

I suspect Europe is much different from two seven days out of New Orleans ;)

We were traveling with another couple for the second week. The man somehow forgot to pack his slacks. All he had were shorts for dinner, we assured him it was no problem at all based on our first week aboard. (I wore my tennis shoes on formal nights, so he'd feel better :)) We were on the casual side, but didn't stand out like a sore thumb.

again -- no difference during the day :)

I wore the same type of clothes on Celebrity as I wore on Carnival: Brightly colored Hawaiian shirts, shorts, and Panama hat. I got a lot of compliments on the shirts on the last cruise! :)

Hey, I'm on vacation. Don't worry about what I wear, because I'm not worried about what you have on! :p

Thank you to the OP for asking this. I admit I was getting a little concerned for my upcoming cruise (which I haven't decided on yet). I was hoping I would "fit in" okay.

Sorry that you're getting such snotty responses to the Carnival comparison. Cruise Critic should be the place you can get such advice, because all the people shown in all cruise brochures are professional models and have nothing to do with what the ships actually look like on real cruises.

I was trying to convince myself of this last night. I don't look like them, I don't dress like them (I do know how to behave myself, though ;)) and I kept saying to myself "they're just models, they're just models".

I might add that we have also cruised on Holland America and Princess, so we are not Carnival exclusive cruisers. In fact, only 3 cruises on Carnival because friends wanted to sail that line and wanted us to go with them.

Celebrity seems to portray an image of being a "cut-above." That's why I wanted to make sure we were packing properly. However, from some of the feedback here, it won't be much different from HAL or Princess (or even Carnival), except maybe in the evenings. Our evening wear has always been as nice as or nicer than many of the other passengers on all lines, so we should have no problems on Celebrity.

Thanks to all who responded to my question.

HAL and celebrity are close in tone. Wear whatever you are comfortable in for one of their ships.

Enjoy!!

Thank you to the OP for asking this. I admit I was getting a little concerned for my upcoming cruise (which I haven't decided on yet). I was hoping I would "fit in" okay.

I don't dress like them (I do know how to behave myself, though ;)) and I kept saying to myself "they're just models, they're just models".

Just don't wear your snowshoes and you will be fine.:D

I agree 100% with kevin t brown

"hey, i'm on vacation. Don't worry about what i wear, because i'm not worried about what you have on!"

I haven't posted for a while, but here I am about to add to a Dress Code thread-Ha!

A good question and aleady anstwered corretly - little difference except due to length of cruise and itinerary (a bit).

But I enjoyed the comments about the brochures and ads. We went to see the movie Last Vegas (loved it); I laughed at all the beautiful, hard-bodied people around the pools and walking down the Strip - all young, well dressed. I kept looking for the troops of striped shorts with t-shirts referring to 'certain parts of their bodies' and not tucked in because they couldn't get them over their bellies!

Moves, ads, brochures......they all make us feel 'so good' and reflect the real world. I keep telling my wife to look at the women her own age and not the ones who spend their entire life in the gym and under 'the knife'.

Den