Is it time to REVAMP the Captain's Circle?

ACoupleAtSea

Of course changes will be made. Nothing really ever remains the same. For example, Princess very recently made a change by adding the Ruby level.

Now, if what you really meant to ask was what changes will be made, there's something to discuss.

I am aware that the Ruby Level was added recently, Is there a possibility that there could be changes made beyond Elite?
They've been talking about it for years but no rumors that I've heard. As it stands now, the Elite perks are better IMHO than any other cruise line, including Celebrity. My concern is if they added another tier above, Elite perks would be diluted.

They've been talking about it for years but no rumors that I've heard. As it stands now, the Elite perks are better IMHO than any other cruise line, including Celebrity. My concern is if they added another tier above, Elite perks would be diluted.

I agree. It seems this topic comes up about every 3 months or so.

I'm sure they'll make changes, but I'm hoping they won't diminish the Elite benefits. It's one of the main reasons why we cruise with Princess. I have the same basic level with a lot of other cruise lines but their perks just aren't as good so I usually choose Princess first. If they add a higher level with additional, new perks, that would be fine with me. ;)

I am aware that the Ruby Level was added recently, Is there a possibility that there could be changes made beyond Elite?

Sure there is a possibility of changes to the Elite level. The program is intended to increase sales, so if and when Princess thinks a change will help, it will be made.

Pam is correct IMHO. Princess Elite perks are the best of any mass market line......:):):)

Bob

Hi Pam:

I wonder if that is really a fair comparison. Celebrity Elite is really comparable to Princess Platinum, in terms of requirements. Princess Elite is, I believe, the equivalent of the new Celebity Elite Plus. It seems that Celebrity Elite and Princess Platinum have very similar benefits

Ira

Hi Pam:

I wonder if that is really a fair comparison. Celebrity Elite is really comparable to Princess Platinum, in terms of requirements. Princess Elite is, I believe, the equivalent of the new Celebity Elite Plus. It seems that Celebrity Elite and Princess Platinum have very similar benefits

Just checked the Elite Plus and Zenith levels. Princess Elite is still better than Elite Plus but you're right, the Zenith is awesome. Of course, you have to have 3,000 points to achieve it. Elite Plus is 750 points. Points are earned by length of cruise and category sailed which means a solo cruiser is slammed. At least Princess rewards singles (who usually pay 175-200%) with double points.

I think Princess needs something above Elite. As Platinum on Princess the only thing of value is the Internet, if I'd have done the same amount of cruises on Celebrity. I'd be getting free drinks every night so I'm not sure how people think Princess still has the best Loyalty program.

I think Princess needs something above Elite. As Platinum on Princess the only thing of value is the Internet, if I'd have done the same amount of cruises on Celebrity. I'd be getting free drinks every night so I'm not sure how people think Princess still has the best Loyalty program.
It depends on what's important to you. Free drinks has little or no value to me.

It depends on what's important to you. Free drinks has little or no value to me.

It does, I agree. But don't I get some kind of free internet being elite on celebrity? Princess used to have the best perks but other lines have surpassed them IMO.

Here's what I would have gotten after 10 cruises with Celebrity...

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package (can be applied towards most larger Internet packages)

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Elegant tea invitation

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

I get no laundry, no free drinks, no dry cleaning on Princess until I hit 16 cruises.

Edited by Cruise Junky

It does, I agree. But don't I get some kind of free internet being elite on celebrity? Princess used to have the best perks but other lines have surpassed them IMO.

Here's what I would have gotten after 10 cruises with Celebrity...

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast - Main dining room is open for a full breakfast.

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party) - Cocktails and appetizers are served nightly

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package (can be applied towards most larger Internet packages) - We got 250 free minutes

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port) _ OK you got me there, but the ship is pretty empty anyhow, and we don't need the Sanctuary.

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item - would be nice to have, but we can afford it.

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing*** - We had three bags of complimentary laundry during the cruise (approx. $90 value)

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast - yep, had that too.

• Elegant tea invitation - High Tea is served to our stateroom on request. More food than we could eat.

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

I get no laundry, no free drinks, no dry cleaning on Princess until I hit 16 cruises.

Poor baby. You need to cruise more on Princess.

I have highlighted what I received on Princess during my last two cruises as an Elite passenger.

PLUS - free minibar setup, and canapés (chocolate covered strawberries are our choice) on Formal Nights. Shoe shine too, but my shoes didn't need it.

Edited by Times Prince

Poor baby. You need to cruise more on Princess.

I have highlighted what I received on Princess during my last two cruises as an Elite passenger.

Where exactly did you get free cocktails every night on Princess? And I wasn't talking about Elite..l was comparing the 10 cruise level on both which other than internet, I get squat on Princess. The above list was what you get after 10 cruises on celebrity, what you pointed out was on the 16th on Princess...big difference. So while I agree they used to have the best Loyalty program, they are now being left in the dust. And let me be clear, I don't cruise for loyalty points, but am just pointing out that Princess do not lead the pack anymore.

Edited by Cruise Junky

I like the breakfast offered to Celebrity Elite. It is in a special place (different ships use different spaces) and the breakfast is Continental style and includes Bloody Marys, Mimosas and Bellinis. I need to be in a full suite to get this on Princess. I also like Celebrity's Happy Hour with free drinks and canapes. Princess has the Drink of the Day(not free) for Platinum, Elite and Suites and a one time mini bar set up for Elite.

But none of the mainstream lines have the Military onboard credit like Princess and RCI doesn't allow combining all types of OBCs.

Edited by dorisis

This issue comes up all the time. Remember that Captain's Circle levels are there so you will book additional cruises. They are not there to make some passengers "more special" than others. If Princess feels they can obtain an increase in repeat bookings by changing the levels, or requirements, then they will do it. I think it's that simple.

I still feel that Princess should reward per number of days sailed not number of trips. We have people on the west coast who have taken 3 - 5 day trips and got to Elite quickly. We fly to cruise, so when we do, we try and take 10 days cruises. For cruisers like us to get to Elite takes a while, especially if you don't cruise more than once a year.

I "worked" hard to get to Elite ..... took and paid for quite a few cruises ..... got to Elite on the basis of "days", not by number of cruises.

Now I am enjoying the fruits of my hard work :), and am happy to be able to take advantage ot the perks that being Elite brings.

Now that I am there, I would hate to see another tier added. and possibly lose some of the benefits I have now.

I "worked" hard to get to Elite ..... took and paid for quite a few cruises ..... got to Elite on the basis of "days", not by number of cruises.

Now I am enjoying the fruits of my hard work :), and am happy to be able to take advantage ot the perks that being Elite brings.

Now that I am there, I would hate to see another tier added. and possibly lose some of the benefits I have now.

I earned Elite the "hard" way too-no short cruises! I would like to see another tier BUT only if they leave the present Elite benefits intact.

I like the way Celebrity has done this conversion. All the prior cruise points got 30 new points each so it didn't matter how you earned them, nobody lost anything but then going forward it's based on days and the type of cabin you're in. Seems fair. Also the elite benefits weren't lowered because additional levels were added.