Best breakfast meal

I saw a thread about breakfast room service and it brought to mind the question of what has been the best breakfast you had on a cruise ship. What ship was this meal on, what location, and where do you think is best to go for breakfast

I've been on monarch of the seas and allure of the seas, and I've done mdr and windjammer...so far, I think the windjammer food is identical to mdr breakfast and the windjammer is much faster, but even then, I've never had a truly GOOD breakfast on rci.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Our favorite breakfast is on our suite balcony. DH orders Eggs Benedict and I get my normal scrambled eggs. We sit there with a pot of coffee watching the sea go by and being thankful that we are fortunate enough to be able to cruise often.

Have you tried Johnny Rockets for breakfast. They do not advertise it much but it is no extra charge for breakfast and is very good.

Unless something has changed recently, it is my understanding that breakfast is only available at Johnny Rockets on the Oasis and the Allure. And, yes, there is no extra charge for breakfast at Johnny Rockets on these two ships.

I'll have to agree with rooms service on my balcony, but we only do that if we're in a suite so we can get the full meal. Our experience on both Oasis and Allure has been exceptional, the food arrived hot in less than 20 min, and the hash browns were declared best onboard by DH and the kids. I usually only order fruit and a bagle, but my bagle was still warm, unlike the MDR or WJ.

We have done room service on every cruise and had no issues.....until Oasis

Both times I ordered room service it took almost an hour and my pot of coffee was tepid.

The food was room temp and not very appetizing. I'm sure it had to do with the size of the ship and the amount of people ordering.

We are going on Serenade next week, so we will try again. Usually breakfast is all we order.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have to admit: Breakfast on a cruise is where I indulge the most. I normally have a greek yogurt with fruit at home, but on a cruise.....

BACON!

So, anything with bacon. Usually an omlette, or just scrambled eggs with lots of bacon, and toast or bagel, topped of with some baked sweets of some sort.

I usually just have a very light lunch, maybe a salad, or just drinks, and then I have a decent dinner.

Breakfast at home is simple, hot or cold cereal or English muffin with butter or creamed cheese....minimum effort. When we cruise, we have almost always done WJ and it has always been fine. We are generally early birds, so very little wait for seat or omelets.

We have gotten into the habit of ordering room service for early morning coffee and fruit platter -- and it is always good. We put the order in the night before for a specific time, and it serves as our alarm clock (when they call that it is on its way), and a great way to start our day.

This past weekend on Majesty, we decided to breakfast in MDR. It was very nice to sit and be served. The omelet was just as good as those I have had from WJ, perhaps bigger. The turkey sausage I tried as a change of pace -- but I will stick to regular sausage in the future (not the MDR's fault at all, just the taste -- to me); if I want sausage, I'll indulge. Hash browns were fine, small portion, but considering the size of the omelet, that was fine to me.

All in all it was a nice change for us.

When we are on Allure in June, we plan to have breakfast at Johnny Rockets, since everyone raves about it.

Bagel with cream cheese, lox, tomato and red onion in the WJ in my opinion is the best. I was on the enchantment in August and they had the lox out for everyone but when I went again in October they hid it under the counter and you had to request it. :)

Edited by thebooth

We love the dining room for breakfast. We are early risers and it's typically not that busy when we get there. Our food has always arrived hot and made to order. I do love the added buffet in the dining room on most of the ships we've been on. You can always stock up on some extra bacon and hashbrowns here!

We, too, love the dining room for breakfast. It's casual, so shorts are fine...and you're served on tablecloths! Everything you need is on the table, so no searching for jellys/syrup/butter, etc.... So much nicer than a buffet!

If you can't find the jelly/syrup/ butter in the WJ just ask and they will happily show you where it is and it doesn't move around...same place every day. You won't have to roam the WJ for days on end searching for jelly!!!:rolleyes: