Cancelled flights and missing cruise boarding

MVPinBoynton

Boy, this is a great thread to read instead of those complaining posts....I know, many are legit (many Aren't!) but reading Ed's posts just made my day.

I think I'll get up tomorrow and have some waffles just to celebrate how kind and wonderful people can be

Den

Hi Denny, good to see you:D:):D

I agree, Den. Such a nice change in tone from a lot of the posts lately.

Ed, I promise to consume a waffle in your honor on my next cruise.

It will be a tough task but I will dedicate a couple of waffles on the Silhouette next week to Ed.

Also good to see you Denny, Ed has given us the true meaning of Christmas. Tis the season...

No problem Mike. I do have a four wheel drive PU, so if he can't get out because of ice, let me know. I could run up to Dallas and grab them.

Ed, that is so great of you to offer to do that. A true gent.

Mike, glad to see things seem to be working out for the family. Hope it all goes ok and you have a wonderful cruise.

Phil

Mike,

Houston is ice free. If he can drive down, I can help them get to the airport, park his car at our house if need be. If I can help out, e-mail me.

texedhou at aol dot com.

Congratulations. You’ve just received a Random Act of Modern Luxury. We will send you an email shortly. :)

Mike,

Houston is ice free. If he can drive down, I can help them get to the airport, park his car at our house if need be. If I can help out, e-mail me.

texedhou at aol dot com.

This man is worth his weight in waffles!!!! Wow!:D

Ed, that is so great of you to offer to do that. A true gent.

Mike, glad to see things seem to be working out for the family. Hope it all goes ok and you have a wonderful cruise.

Phil

Phil, every time I see one of your posts I get all nostalgic - we lived near Harpenden for years.

Mike,

texedhou at aol dot com.

Ed you are really the best!!! hope we can cruise with you and Jacquie one day!!:):)

Wow, what a truly heartening thread. May I add my thanks to this gentleman for his very kindly offer of help. He is a true Samaritan.

Can't wait to find out what the Celebrity post means! You will tell us Texed won't you?

Bravo to you!

Hope the family make it to the cruise - good luck!

No problem Mike. I do have a four wheel drive PU, so if he can't get out because of ice, let me know. I could run up to Dallas and grab them.

Wow! Talk about "paying it forward." What a nice thing for you to offer! I hope our paths cross one day on a cruise. If so, I'll buy you a drink!

Congratulations. You’ve just received a Random Act of Modern Luxury. We will send you an email shortly. :)

Yes, Virgina, there really is a Santa Claus.

Celebrity and ED have taken over the role of Santa! BRAVO!!!

Edited by 20pluscruises

Well my son won't be able to board the Reflection with us tomorrow because American Airlines can't get him to MIA soon enough. However, they have agreed to fly him directly to San Juan so he can catch the ship when it is in port on Monday. I really hate that he is going to miss sailaway from Miami. Since this is his first cruise, he was so looking forward to it. I guess there are worse things than to have to be in San Juan for a couple days; but it will be costly for him.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

And to all of you that had all the nice comments for me, I really have y'all fooled. I am a complete jerk in person. ;)

I doubt that! :) Looking forward to meeting y'all in a couple of weeks (and hearing your opinion of the Azamara waffles). ;)

Well my son won't be able to board the Reflection with us tomorrow because American Airlines can't get him to MIA soon enough. However, they have agreed to fly him directly to San Juan so he can catch the ship when it is in port on Monday. I really hate that he is going to miss sailaway from Miami. Since this is his first cruise, he was so looking forward to it. I guess there are worse things than to have to be in San Juan for a couple days; but it will be costly for him.

Awww...sorry to hear this. San Juan is a nice place to be stuck for a couple of days. Maybe we can start a collection of Marriot points...or ED may have plenty. :)

Your son will have far more fun in sunny, WARM, San Juan than those of us in the DFW area this weekend. Lows in the teens tonight, and power outages from falling tree limbs. Our blood is suited to temp rages of 60-100F, not this stuff :)

San Juan is a cool place to be for a couple of days. Last sail out of SJ, we went in 2 days early, and had quite a bit of fun exploring San Juan.

Just remind him every Sailaway is beautiful.

Hope you all have a great time!!

Sorry your son will miss sail away and some of his first cruise, but once onboard I know they will have a wonderful time with you and Carol. Here's hopung no more travel mishaps.

Bon voyage,

Thanks Renza. I am sure we will all have a great time when they arrive.

I'll add my voice to those praising Texed. And glad Celebrity is recognizing his kindness.

But to the issue of getting your son to Miami...

Is he is Houston now or can he get there tonight? I just did a search on Kayak from Houston to Miami and am picking up some flights that would get there in plenty of time...

AA 6:00 a.m. in at 9:20 a.m. MIA

AA 10:05 a.m. in at 1:25 p.m.

AA 7:40 a.m. in at 11:40 a.m.

Me thinks your son needs to push harder. And there are other airlines with flights that make it. They don't want to rebook him on those but they could.