Just Need to do a bit of Venting

I'm just a bit frustrated, and was wondering if anyone has gone through something similar.

I disembarked off an RCI cruise 3 weeks ago and found out that they had overcharged my credit card by $4000! I've called and talked to customer service but between "trying to get in touch with the ship and the Christmas holidays, and contacting the main office in America" nothing has been done yet.

I'm usually a really patient person, and I've been polite and courteous, but it's been 3 weeks and $4000 isn't exactly chump change!

Ok vent over, thanks for reading.

I'm just a bit frustrated, and was wondering if anyone has gone through something similar.

I disembarked off an RCI cruise 3 weeks ago and found out that they had overcharged my credit card by $4000! I've called and talked to customer service but between "trying to get in touch with the ship and the Christmas holidays, and contacting the main office in America" nothing has been done yet.

I'm usually a really patient person, and I've been polite and courteous, but it's been 3 weeks and $4000 isn't exactly chump change!

Wow! That is quite an overcharge. RCI owes you a refund plus interest on that one. I hope you called your credit card company and disputed the charge. Then you should quickly hear from RCI since they will not be paid by the credit card company.

I did contact my credit card company and they are investigating. They said it could take up to 45 days. It's just frustrating because we had such a great time on the cruise and then I come home and check my account and was like :eek:

It kind of ruins it ya know???

Ashland - I've been dealing with Customer services so far. But I'm in Australia so I've been calling the Australian customer service number.

Dragon - what is Resolutions? Is that a separate department??

Matj - I guess you are right, what's $4000 of erroneous on board charges between friends? LOL :rolleyes:

From the website - this is USA, but, maybe they can help.

Post Cruise Questions and Comments Please E-mail Us regarding any questions or comments you may have about your recent sailing, include your ship, sail date and reservation number.

Letters should be sent to:

Corporate Guest Relations

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

(Due to mail processing times, please allow 10-14 days for a response.)

You are also welcome to call our Corporate Guest Relations Department:

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST

Saturday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. EST • (800) 256-6649

1. You know it was a mistake, they happen.

2. You know your account will be corrected. No way will you be expected to pay for $4000 worth of charges you didn't charge.

3. Things like this are frustrating but no permanent damage will be done.

4. Your cruise was great, why let this taint it? Our very worst cruise was still a great vacation with family and a lot of good memories. (It's a very long story but the short version is: it was a 10 day cruise on a Princess ship, we missed 4 of our 7 ports and the other three were shortened because of previously known engine problems of which the ship was in emergency dry dock before our cruise, so internet was down, pool was unusable for half the cruise, and other areas weren't available and we received $100 compensation!! So things can get bad on a cruise!)

I am sorry you are having to deal with such crap, but don't let it wear on you.

Just an FYI, I recently had a dispute where RCI lost my deposit in their system. Every time I called Resolutions, they charged my card again. What was supposed to be a $500 deposit turned into $2000 charged to my card. Long story short, I had to email Adam Goldstein to get it straightened out. It took almost two months from start to finish to get my refund. If you've already tried Resolutions go straight to Adam Goldstein.

AGoldstein@rccl.com

By the way, keep up the patience even if you have to fake it. Good luck.

Edited by Big_G

Jim - I hope it gets resolved soon too!

Maureen - I initially called the Australian customer service number, I may have to bite the bullet and stay up late to call the US number.

CB - The customer service agent working on my case and I have e-mailed each other several times, so I do have everything in writing. I called first and then he gave me his direct e-mail address and I've been corresponding since. Though I did call today and speak to him since it's been 3 weeks, which is why I got frustrated all over again and posted this thread. LOL

Margie - I know mistakes happens, and I know everything will get resolved. Having my credit card maxed out during Christmas and New Year's made our holidays VERY low key. haha My biggest complaint is that no one knows anything. They cant tell me what store made the charge, what was/were the item/s purchased, who made the charge, which seapass card the charge was made. No one knows anything, the guy from RCI even told me he was stumped.

setsail - I have 2 charges on my credit card. One is for the exact same amount on my summary and then I have a second charge for $4,086. My boyfriend and I checked the bill the night before we disembarked and everything was correct on it.

Clean1 and Big_G - Thanks for the contacts! I will email them and see if they can try and figure things out!!

setsail - I have 2 charges on my credit card. One is for the exact same amount on my summary and then I have a second charge for $4,086. My boyfriend and I checked the bill the night before we disembarked and everything was correct on it.

!!

That's good that the final bill on the ship is correct. From what you posted I assume you are disputing the charge with the cc company

So, what description does your cc place on the extra charge?

Edited by setsail

This is what my bank statement says:

11 Dec 2013

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS MIAMI FL

##1213 4,086.07 US DOLLAR

-$4,517.99

About this transaction

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS MIAMI FL ##1213 4,086.07 US DOLLAR is listed as Cruise lines

I'm in Australia so the "$4,517.99" is the amount after the conversion.

Wow, I'd forgotten! Second cruise paid in full (obviously) prior to cruise for family of 5. Imagine my surprise when I got home and my credit card was charged AGAIN for the entire cruise fare for 5 persons.

Seems travel agent came up short that month and "remembered" he'd forgotten to charge my cruise, so ran it again. These are days prior to email. He became pale when I said I'd dispute it with credit card company and I got a prompt refund and a new travel agent!

Hope yours turns out as well, but it is a real heart stopper!

Good Luck!

11 Dec 2013

-$4,517.99

that

The first thing I would do right away is call and ask/demand a itemized bill from rci, to exactly find out what the charge is for. If they will not do this, then I would tell them that the charge is in dispute with the cc company because of this very thing. They cannot expect people to pay for a charge with no explanation of what the charge is. Ask for a super when you call, and someone who is a decision maker, not someone that just answers phones., Write everything down, names, dates, times, titles. Its a waste of time talking to people who do not have the "power"

Then the letter or call to AG'S office

Edited by setsail

Tell your credit card company that you do not have $4,000 to pay the bill. Just don't pay the bill and dispute it. Tell them you expect a quick response and that 45 days won't cut it because you are saving up for another cruise.

Let the credit card company and Royal sort this out. You did not authorize the $4,000 charge. OTOH could this be a pre-authorization but if that were the case it should have dropped off. Check to see if the $4,000 is a pending charge or if its indeed a true charge.

If an employee did this intentionally then there should be an investigation. Email Adam Goldstein agoldstein@rccl.com and state the facts with a phone number.

In my opinion an overcharge of $10 or $4,000 should be returned to me.

Please keep us posted.

You know what to ask for being maxed out? Ask Royal to give you Future Cruise Credits in addition to the refund as you were maxed out. Tell them you could not buy gifts for the family. Your holidays were not the same.:D:D

First thing:

Call you CC company and preserve your dispute rights!!!!!

Get the credit card company on your side to figure out what happened. It certainly appears you have an issue with RCI's billing system, but your immediate, and legal, remedy is with your credit card issuer! DO NOT LET THAT DEADLINE PASS!

Much of this will likely have to be done, unfortunately, in writing. The dispute is the key step as that, and only that, will preserve your rights...

(Assuming Australia processes work at least similar to US processes.)

11 Dec 2013

-$4,517.99

About this transaction

RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS MIAMI FL ##1213 4,086.07 US DOLLAR is listed as Cruise lines

I'm in Australia so the "$4,517.99" is the amount after the conversion.

Wow, even at today's exchange rate that seems way too much!!!

MP

Wow, even at today's exchange rate that seems way too much!!!

MP

My apologies, just checked the latest AUD/USD trading values and that bank figure does seem reasonable. I'm terribly sorry! But you'll get there, mate! Just don't take crap from no-one! :)

We got off a Celebrity cruise a week ago (a RCCL company). A few days ago we checked our credit card statement and found there was about $130 difference between that and the final bill on the door. We called and got a very nice customer relations advocate on the phone. She was able to pull up the bill details and email it to me while we were on the phone. It was a very tedious task to go through each line item, as the order was different than my printed bill, but she stayed on the phone with my husband and they discussed some future cruises. It turned out that the bill was correct, as some charges didn't go through until the day of disembarkation. Another thing that happened is that the printed bill was only for one of our sea pass cards. So to make things more confusing, the other card was on another line on the same credit card bill.

On our credit card bill there were 4 separate charges from RCCL:

husband's sea pass charges

my sea pass charges

a deposit on a future cruise

final payment on our next cruise

Edited by royalcruz

My wife thanks you for the lovely earrings you bought her! ;)

Good luck with that; I agree that, despite the holidays, 3 weeks is too long.