They Took Away Our Crown Viking Lounge on 2013 LBTS TransAtlantic!

umanemo

Before we became Diamond, the VC was one of our favorite lounges for a pre-show/dinner drink. I understand what the OP is trying to say, I would have been disappointed to find it closed every evening for 3 hours.

We were on this same TA as the OP, the VC was a madhouse every night!:D We noticed very few people going into the Diamond Lounge, it was much quieter & relaxing so we utilized it most evenings.

Sherri:)

No matter where you put the "loyalty guests", that will be a place that others cannot be.

It's simple physics. (at least, I think that it's physics. I am NOT a scientist, nor do I play one on TV ;))

Put em in the card rooms

See I would find that extremely disappointing as well. Especially since I am only a Gold member, I wouldn't get access to VCL if they used it for the nightly event. :(

The event ends at 8:30pm, so you would still have access later.

The bottom line is it's RCI's ship and RCI can do whatever it wants with any venue on the ship. There is no such thing as a public venue or area on a cruise ship.

And the bottom line is we have a right to voice our opinion.

The bottom line is it's RCI's ship and RCI can do whatever it wants with any venue on the ship. There is no such thing as a public venue or area on a cruise ship.

I agree with you. When my TA told me she had reserved the VCL for an hour I was a bit surprised. So, it is also one of the venues that is available for private parties of all kinds. She, however, only had it for 1 hour.

The VCL is advertised as a public area. It is also a signature feature of the ship. And while it is understandable that any given area may be closed off from time to time for a private function, it is also understandable to be disappointed that the VCL is off limits late afternoon/early evening if there are too many top tier guests on board.

On Oasis/Allure when there are too many D members they close off the dance club on deck 4 (which I don't believe would otherwise even be open at the time of the cocktail events). They don;t close off the VCL.

I don't begrudge anyone for being disappointed at not being able to visit the public, signature lounge of a ship for their entire voyage. I think a lot of people on this site just like to be mean to other people; it's called being a keyboard cowboy. They wouldn't dare act that way face to face with anyone, but since they aren't impacted on their vacation and have internet anonymity they resort to making straw man arguments and being nasty to people while never addressing the actual concern.

Sorry. This is something that you earned. It wasn't given to you. RCCL said if you do X you get Y it was a contract by RCCL

If you are talking about C&A benefits, then they are not contractual. The benefits are clearly stated, but RCCL can change them at their discretion at any time. Also, the Viking Crown Lounge is not included in those benefits: it's used as an overflow lounge during happy hour.

Nothing is in concrete, so just enjoy the ride (or sail)...:D:D

See I would find that extremely disappointing as well. Especially since I am only a Gold member, I wouldn't get access to VCL if they used it for the nightly event. :(

Many venues are closed at times for a variety of reason. One’s C&A status does not enter into the mix. Groups all over the ship will be assigned to a venue and others not part of that group are not permitted access. Happens all the time. In fact, there may even be activities that only C&A member have access, and other passengers cannot use that facility for that short time.

enjoy

M

Right. So I got it.

What we expect of our next experience is almost always better thought then when had. RCCL is evolving, yes the parallel one of the posters made to "Carnival" was in just, but something for all of us "Loyal's" to think of. We are just that, Loyal's, not Royal's. It is that perception in which may lie the destruction of the loyalty program that obviates its need to be adjusted.

We all expect the fantasy that RCCL promises of the old style cruising, that's why I have been "loyal to Royal" since 1969! (MS Sunward) But when humans (or animals, which ever category in which you may lie) get accustomed to a certain level of personal attention, the kind I have come to be accustomed to from RCCL and which it has been known for, when trimmed, well, we all get our feathers up.

This is, as so many of you have pointed out, an insignificant event imposed upon an insignificant passenger. I just wanted to remind RCCL that we are still expecting that fantasy. What do you think?

BTW. It wasn't about that "Cake", just that they always looked into my profile and knew that it was a special day and took extraordinary measures to recognize that. That is what I have always respected about the RCCL product, their knack for unexpected recognition.

Spring Serenade TA going home. See y'all there at sunset.

I'm confused?

Did you a) specifically request something for your anniversary, or flag it on your reservation and they failed to deliver it, or b) did you really expect them to search you out from amongst the almost 20 Million passengers that sail on RCL each year and serendipitously recognize your special day ?

a) gets you a legitimate right to gripe, b) gets you nothing but pity and sarcasm

OH! My wife and I were on the October 27th Liberty TA. There were so many grumpy people! The crew looked so defeated by the end of the trip. We felt really bad for them.

Maybe they missed their daily fix of VCL sunset vitamin D?

Many venues are closed at times for a variety of reason. One’s C&A status does not enter into the mix. Groups all over the ship will be assigned to a venue and others not part of that group are not permitted access. Happens all the time. In fact, there may even be activities that only C&A member have access, and other passengers cannot use that facility for that short time.

enjoy

M

Yes! You are right. I look forward to those exclusive perks also, but I do not wish to impose my elitist fantasy's at the expense of any other passengers dream wishes, as little as we like to realize it we are a village while aboard and compassion for that notion is warranted. It was just a shame that they used the VCL every night at sunset from 16:00 to 21:00 excluding not only us but those many who would have experienced those fantastic once in a lifetime special moments as well!

I'm confused?

Did you a) specifically request something for your anniversary, or flag it on your reservation and they failed to deliver it, or b) did you really expect them to search you out from amongst the almost 20 Million passengers that sail on RCL each year and serendipitously recognize your special day ?

a) gets you a legitimate right to gripe, b) gets you nothing but pity and sarcasm

Well we did notify the Assistant Restaurant Manager, but the traditional flagged piece of cake that we have been surprised with on every special occasion that we have been so fortunate to have been aboard an RCI vessel was missing?

I think even my Facebook notifies me of the birthdays of many of those hundreds that I have friended. That's what a database is good at, it shouldn't even phase the monstrous servers that RCI must be running. Think of it, they know every cruise that all of those millions of past passengers have taken... a birthday pop-up! should only take up a few picoseconds and bits these days.

Plainly, they blew it.

the vcl is advertised as a public area. It is also a signature feature of the ship. And while it is understandable that any given area may be closed off from time to time for a private function, it is also understandable to be disappointed that the vcl is off limits late afternoon/early evening if there are too many top tier guests on board.

On oasis/allure when there are too many d members they close off the dance club on deck 4 (which i don't believe would otherwise even be open at the time of the cocktail events). They don;t close off the vcl.

I don't begrudge anyone for being disappointed at not being able to visit the public, signature lounge of a ship for their entire voyage. I think a lot of people on this site just like to be mean to other people; it's called being a keyboard cowboy. They wouldn't dare act that way face to face with anyone, but since they aren't impacted on their vacation and have internet anonymity they resort to making straw man arguments and being nasty to people while never addressing the actual concern.

+1!

Well we did notify the Assistant Restaurant Manager, but the traditional flagged piece of cake that we have been surprised with on every special occasion that we have been so fortunate to have been aboard an RCI vessel was missing?

I think even my Facebook notifies me of the birthdays of many of those hundreds that I have friended. That's what a database is good at, it shouldn't even phase the monstrous servers that RCI must be running. Think of it, they know every cruise that all of those millions of past passengers have taken... a birthday pop-up! should only take up a few picoseconds and bits these days.

Plainly, they blew it.

Thanks for the giggles today. I truly enjoy reading your posts. Keep it going!

Plainly, they blew it.

The IT department already has enough issues. We don't need to be adding any more.

Funny how some feel the ship belongs to them. Lots of areas can be rented or closed for functions and they often are.

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/event-venues.aspx/ship-planning-guides

Click on each ship to see the areas that can be reserved

Then meeting space grid

j

Edited by setsail

Funny how some feel the ship belongs to them. Lots of areas can be rented or closed for functions and they often are.

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/event-venues.aspx/ship-planning-guides

Click on each ship to see the areas that can be reserved

Then meeting space grid

j

HAHAHA Great response - Way to go Setsail!!!!!!

You illustrate my point exactly... once again, you are another with such passion, you got to love the spirit of it!. I just can't justify it, sorry. It only matters to those whom it matters. Like I said, I only started this discussion to obviate that what's good for the few is good for the many.

Thanks for your participation.

We were in chops for our anniversary, the gentleman at the table next to us complained to the waiter that his fork was far too heavy and he needed a lighter one. He complained the whole meal about everything.

When he left my wife and I, the table on the other side of him and his waiter all had a great laugh over it.