Cabin Category changes and Goldstein's Response

orville99

I agree and many Doctors totally disregard a patients time as if their time wasn't just as valuable. when Walking in had the doc said I'm really sorry about running late it would have diffused the antagonist behavior.

You don't know the doctor DIDN'T say that.

I agree and many Doctors totally disregard a patients time as if their time wasn't just as valuable. when Walking in had the doc said I'm really sorry about running late it would have diffused the antagonist behavior.

Another speculator on board.

You don't know the doctor DIDN'T say that.

Actually, my office is very aware of the value of our patients and their time, and when we get behind we typically do not charge them their co-fee as a jesture to demonstrate that we appreciate them.

As for the speculators on this thread that felt the need to be critical, I could do a little speculating about them too. I stand just as much chance of being right as they do.:)

Actually, my office is very aware of the value of our patients and their time, and when we get behind we typically do not charge them their co-fee as a jesture to demonstrate that we appreciate them.

As for the speculators on this thread that felt the need to be critical, I could do a little speculating about them too. I stand just as much chance of being right as they do.:)

As a fellow physician, I agree with you totally. But I would caution you about waiving the copay. I have a couple colleagues who got burned by insurance companies for that. It's a great gesture, but can be a risky proposition.

We strive to run on time, but emergencies and issues do arise. I apologize profusely any time I run behind. What I don't think patients understand is how much it SUCKS from our end to be running behind as well. You hate sitting in the waiting room for half an hour waiting? Try running around like crazy, busting your tail for that time, only to realize you're still 30 minutes behind. LOL!

Of course the one that drives me NUTS are the people that are totally okay with showing up late. If you're appointment is at 10:00, showing up at 10:20 really can throw a wrench in things. Just call us and give us a heads up and we'll plan accordingly. It's not like anyone walking in doesn't have a cell phone in their hand.

.:)

I hope you have pens at your office because you should get a WOW card:D

Wow! That's going above and beyond.

I'm not a doctor but I imagine that not every patient is going to be a "take 2 of these and call me in the morning" type thing. And when that happens, you can get behind. And I'm sure that no patient wants the doctor to shuffle them out like they're at a drive thru. I think some people 'look' to be a victim. Any time something doesn't go their way it's somehow a personal attack against THEM when in fact it may have NOTHING to do with them at all.

Looks like you hit a nerve Doc. Pun intended. :D

As a fellow physician, I agree with you totally. But I would caution you about waiving the copay. I have a couple colleagues who got burned by insurance companies for that. It's a great gesture, but can be a risky proposition.

We strive to run on time, but emergencies and issues do arise. I apologize profusely any time I run behind. What I don't think patients understand is how much it SUCKS from our end to be running behind as well. You hate sitting in the waiting room for half an hour waiting? Try running around like crazy, busting your tail for that time, only to realize you're still 30 minutes behind. LOL!

Of course the one that drives me NUTS are the people that are totally okay with showing up late. If you're appointment is at 10:00, showing up at 10:20 really can throw a wrench in things. Just call us and give us a heads up and we'll plan accordingly. It's not like anyone walking in doesn't have a cell phone in their hand.

About 25 years ago I was getting upset that the doctor was over an hour late for my appointment. Many people waiting were complaining, I also complained and was getting ready to leave. The nurse came out and said the Doctor would like to see me first. A few people were not too happy that I was called in before them. I went into the room the Doctor was already in there and told me my mother had a stroke and I should go to the hospital ASAP. The Doctor was late because he and the ER Team were saving my moms life. Needless to say I never get upset about having to wait long for the doctor. I think we forget sometimes it is not all about me!

About 25 years ago I was getting upset that the doctor was over an hour late for my appointment. Many people waiting were complaining, I also complained and was getting ready to leave. The nurse came out and said the Doctor would like to see me first. A few people were not too happy that I was called in before them. I went into the room the Doctor was already in there and told me my mother had a stroke and I should go to the hospital ASAP. The Doctor was late because he and the ER Team were saving my moms life. Needless to say I never get upset about having to wait long for the doctor. I think we forget sometimes it is not all about me!

Very touching but doesn't excuse the office nurse or receptionist from come out to the waiting patients and informing them an emergency happened and would they like to reschedule. Courtesy is a two way street. Most people are understanding if only they aren't treated with indifference and given a little information and an apology, and an estimate of how much longer their wait might be. It's this indifference that created the outcrop and success of concierge / boutique Doctor practices which gained market strength in my area.

Imagine waiting in the tender boarding line in an area with no visibility of the loading area, perhaps standing in the stairwell. A half hour passes and the line doesn't move. 45 minutes and you wonder what's the problem. Wouldn't it be reasonable to expect a staff member to come over to the line and say we had the tender break down and are working hard to fix the problem?

Edited by cruzsnooze

If I have only one complaint (and I have more) about RCCL (and Celebrity), it's their flippant attitude towards their greatest asset...their customers.

Shameful....really!

Nail on the Head.

So true.

DH and I often comment on how they must train their employees who work the Guest Relations desk to just look straight through you if you have even a hint of a complaint of something not being right on the cruise.

That said, we sail Royal Caribbean at least 3-4 weeks a year and often pay for many cabins for the kids, grandkids, etc. We have gotten many friends hooked on Royal.

So now when things aren't right in some aspect we say nothing. But in the same vein when they make a mistake in our favor (usually monetary) we say nothing. We used to call it to their attention because we are honest people. Not anymore. We are still honest, but we follow the Golden Rule with Royal. We treat them as they treat us. I am sure they treat their customers the way they want to be treated because after all, they are in the customer service industry.

Two years ago there was a monetary mistake on their part in our favor. It was HUGE (essentially resulted in a free cruise). We just looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and said, "They must really like us". Hahaha! It all comes out in the wash and we keep sailing with them and they keep ignoring their customers.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

I just booked a hump cabin on the Allure for the Europe season and it was showing as a D2 (with a lower price than D1s). I wondered what the heck was going on but I guess this explains it, it must be one that his only 2 guests.

I am getting the same cabin for less! How could anyone be unhappy with this?

Just a quick check for the Serenade of the Seas. If you book now the aft cabins on deck 9 (including the coveted 9256) are all D 2 cabins. After the change in 2015 all those cabins become D 1 cabins. Also on deck 9 the hump cabins will become all D 1 cabins in 2015 whereas now there are some hump D 2 cabins on the hump, deck 9.

So you are saying my husband and I can no longer book hump or aft cabin on deck 9 on the Serenade?

This is the first and only ship I checked. Hope they aren't doing this on all the ships. Best real estate on the ship and you can't book it if you are a couple?

Game changer if true.

Just a quick check for the Serenade of the Seas. If you book now the aft cabins on deck 9 (including the coveted 9256) are all D 2 cabins. After the change in 2015 all those cabins become D 1 cabins. Also on deck 9 the hump cabins will become all D 1 cabins in 2015 whereas now there are some hump D 2 cabins on the hump, deck 9.

So you are saying my husband and I can no longer book hump or aft cabin on deck 9 on the Serenade?

This is the first and only ship I checked. Hope they aren't doing this on all the ships. Best real estate on the ship and you can't book it if you are a couple?

Game changer if true.

I think this is a really good example of where the change will make a difference IF they make those cabins only available for 4 people. They are the only cabins we book on the Radiance class and we'd be very disappointed if we were unable to get them.

This policy makes sense.

It's like reserving disabled rooms for the disabled, and how you can't book those early on if not eligible. If there's still capacity later on, then you can book them. Same with these cabins. How difficult it must be for families to book when the suitable cabins are taken by those who don't need them. That can also mean lost revenue for RCL, so makes sense to put restrictions on them.

I'm happy with this system.

I've looked many times for a connecting room, or a cabin with pullmans to accommodate a 3rd or 4th. I like to book a suite or upgraded canon with a connecting room as a send bedroom.

It's really annoying when wanting to reserve a high-end suite and finding the standard cabin that uses the adorning door is already booked.

Often times I find the connecting room occupied and I have to look elsewhere be that a different itinerary, ship or line.

I'd like them to state the policy clearly with a date publicized that capacity controls and restrictions would go away. Say 120 days prior to departure.

And possibly also make it policy that if you don't get your primary cabin of choice, a complimentary ballpoint pen and pad of paper will be left in the cabin for your arrival. :D

Edited by cle-guy

And possibly also make it policy that if you don't get your primary cabin of choice, a complimentary ballpoint pen and pad of paper will be left in the cabin for your arrival. :D

Well, so much for keeping costs down! Why don't they just give you a Rolls Royce while they're at it moneybags!:p