HELLO? Celebrity, anybody working there?

GaryfmCol

It is pretty difficult to call the Celebrity call Center at their 800-647-2251

number. I tried calling today early, and, the number kept giving me: "Please hold, your call is important and, you will be answered in the next availible representative ...." ect...

After 25 minutes WAIT, the call FINALLY rang through

and, I waited 5 more minutes and, NO ONE answered that call.

So, after about 30+ minutes I gave up.

A friend inquiring about joining us on our cruise I was going

to talk about waited 45 minutes he said last week before finally giving up.

I hope someone at Celebrity reads this.

You have major problems in your call center.

What bugs me is not the 25 minutes I WAITED to get a representative,

but, when it rang through, NO ONE ANSWERED THE RING...

CELEBRITY, you are a victim of your own successes, unless, you only have 2 customer service reps. answering the phone there! :mad:

Edited by GaryfmCol

I feel your pain OP. I unfortunately have had to phone a few times in the last couple of weeks. One was to try to upgrade a cruise and the other was to deal with a problem at their end which really burned me since I had to waste time on hold to fix their problem. I told the fellow who answered that the call time had said a 13 minute and I ended up waiting 30 minutes. He said something along the lines of, "The 13 minute wait is kind of a standard they say. Not sure why." He also acknowledged that the wait times have been unusually long and that they would be "correcting it" whatever that might mean.

In all my dealings with Celebrity I have never, ever experienced such long wait times. I booked a cruise with Royal Caribbean a couple of days ago and my wait time was 2 minutes.

I don't understand these new cost costing measures. Penny wise, pound foolish.

I went through the same thing this weekend booking my parents cruise... the machine kept telling me "an approximate wait of 12 minutes" & then cutting me off around the 11 minute mark... took nearly an hour to book my parents cruise.

Captain's Club number not so great for us on the West Coast, lots of times they are closed by the time I get home.

I've never in the past had problems getting through to speak to a live person, I hope this is a temporary glitch :eek:

I would have booked online, but, as usual, there were problems with the website.

Not sure what is going on went to make my final payment due on the 18th. Called on the 15th and 16th, wait time 30 plus minutes, on the 15th held 42 minutes on the 16th held 34 minutes before I hung up. I finally got through with only a 14 minute hold on the 17th.

Now if I was either 42, 34 or 14 minutes late for the ship it would sail without me.. Just sayin'.

I dont mind holding for a few minutes but anything in excess of 30 minutes is unacceptable in my opinion.

Norma

I also had the same problem with the wait. I noticed my onboard credit was missing from my reservation and called to resolve. They said 60 minute wait, so I hung up and called back late evening and got through, but needed to talk to resolution group that wasn't open until the next morning.

I called back in the morning and there was a 30 minute wait, so I put my phone on speaker and played on the computer until they answered. Fortunately, I was able to resolve my issue and didn't get disconnected at all.

This seems to be an ongoing problem.

Another good reason to utilize a TA, they'll sit on hold for you :-)

I usually do! This time because I booked close to sailing I wanted more control over the booking, like being able to reach someone at any time. What a mistake that turned out to be.

What has happened to the Celebrity I knew and loved :( So disappointing.

number. I tried calling today early, and, the number kept giving me: "Please hold, your call is important and, you will be answered in the next availible representative ...." ect...

CELEBRITY, you are a victim of your own successes, unless, you only have 2 customer service reps. answering the phone there! :mad:

Hi GaryfmCol,

Can you email me, by clicking on the link below ? Thanks !

I googled "Celebrity Cruise phone number"

It gave me 866-592-7225.

I called, said I wanted to change my husband's drink plan & the rep said he would transfer me to the correct line. I was on hold maybe 30 seconds, done in a couple minutes.

I believe I have called the number you did before with no issues either.

One thing to remember--there are only so many reps & if there can be a huge flux in calls they cannot predict.

Now, why the computer didn't answer & put you on hold--sounds like a computer glitch to me.

I totally agree that something needs to be done to over haul their contact with the public. They need to realize what a black eye this is giving them. I tried for 2 weeks to get them. The last time I called them was on my own dime. I waited an hour and a half then gave up. I was calling from the Cayman Islands!!!! I was able to finally get through after all this by calling the "call me back at a certain time" number. I am sailing on the 6th of March on Century. I have never sailed on Celebrity. I am going with a good attitude. Celebrity is losing customers -

Big Time!

Two travel agents told me in the last few months they do not like calling celebrity.

At a certain point this is going to hurt the bottom line and the on board experience.

While this may not bother others, I am not impressed with the sales tactics from the call center either. I think it cheapens the brand.

While this has not been a universal experience it has been frequent enough to give us serious pause.

Used to live Miami Beach. Left because I could not tolerate the rip offs and totally uneducated service personal.They especially liked to rip off Anglo women. I do not give the line my business directly. Make them pay a commission to a cruise agent who will give you service , a better price and OBCs .A shame , because years ago they gave excellent service.

Edited by zoncom

I just got off the phone with Celebrity. I called about an email offer for a $50 OBC for my birthday. It could be combined with the 123Go but it had to be done by the end of the month, because that's when the 123Go ends. I was prepared for the long wait and guess what? I was talking to somebody in about 2 minutes. And she was extremely helpful and I got everything all taken care of. A very positive experience for this Celebrity newbie.

Sharon

I agree that the phone wait times seem crazy but need to keep a couple of things in mind.

The computer calculates the wait time by using some averages. If calls take longer than the average the wait will be longer than expected.

Also, I am so going to be blasted for this, if some questions I see here on CC are going to the call center I would guess they might be getting inundated with simple calls which are spelled out on the web site. I see so many basic questions here which are completely spelled out on line that I wonder if some are coming from a parallel universe. If I see dozens of questions here about what time my ship gets to port A, I can only wonder how many hundreds of calls X is getting. Why not look at the itinerary? Each of these takes time and pushes the next customer with a legitimate question or problem further back.

Finally, the last time I called to ask about the dress code for the bar on even days of the week (8th time since you never know when the answer will change) I was given a wait time of 61 minutes or the option of requesting a call-back at the time if my choice. I got my call within 5 minutes of my chosen time and got my answer.

According to DW, I was the inspiration for Grumpy Old Men.

Been on hold for over 20 minutes so far. Still listening to the ding dong music. My travel agent tried to verify earlier today that the fax which transfers my booking made on board to him is in place. Fax was sent last week.

my TA was told that I had to call 866-752-4752 to get the information.

I am very annoyed at Celebrity. Also wondering if anyone will ever pick up this line.

Agent who answered my first call told me that I had called the wrong number. She only does groups. She was rude.... claimed being overworked because of the promotions. So I am again on hold waiting. Celebrity ought to hire more agents and teach them how to be polite. I am getting tired of waiting. The estimated waiting times that they tell you is a joke.

Just called captains club at noon PST total call time 4 minutes and already received edocs was told would take 48 hours. Much better to be suprised with faster than not at all. Thanks cc

Ray

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

40+ minute hold time for me too.

I was just trying to confirm my cruise itinerary, since now on a different cruise sales site it lists yokohama for 2 days and only the arrival time on the first day.

The rep only looked & told me she believes the cruise itinerary has not changed - but I would have to be transferred to the Asia division if I wanted a solid answer. Seemed like I was heading into permanent hold on that call too so I finally dove out.

I also got the phone number for faxing shareholder info.