On board the Spirit

duct tape

Three times on Spirit, prefer observation to panorama for stitching and reading (better lighting) and love the two tv's (watch those steps :). Enjoy warm sunshine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes - one should be careful on the stairs!

We also love the Observation Lounge and especially prefer it over the Main Bar for cocktails in the evening. It's quiet - no live music. The service is excellent. In rough weather, it's quite a ride!

Another pleasant day on the Spirit. I really give credit to the current mgmt team for the ambience and the reduced stress levels of the crew; Capt Mino Pontillo, Flavio, HD, Jorge, maitre'd, Kirk, CD, and Ramon, Chef. The first time we were here, the stress was palpable. It is now much better, IMHO. The public spaces are still not adequate for the number of guests. The pool area is very crowded and the BBQ last evening took forever. But, the fit and finish of this ship is really excellent. Yes, the suites are narrower, the decorations are not my taste, the Panorama Lounge still looks like a Dayroom in a Nursing Home, so I guess I just better get over it and enjoy the journey. We all come back for the crew and the level of service. It is all here. Food is terrific. Weather has been good. It was overcast in Cozumel with a short shower. It was very windy in Costa Maya yesterday and the Capt. Decided to leave early so he could get to fair weather and a calmer sea for the BBQ. Belize City today, at anchor. Supposedly, there are crime issues here but there are lots of tourist police that keep things under control. I think I will just hang at the pool and await whatever treat presents itself for lunch. If it is going to be your first or 30th cruise on the SS Spirit, you will enjoy it. Later.

" Day room in a Nursing Home" that is hilarious! I will never look at that room the same way again.

All your points about insufficient public space in critical areas are absolutely right. Why they didn't study the other ships' close to perfect proportions beats me. Let's hope all the very specific complaints passengers have consistently been making since the Spirit was launched has been taken into consideration as they designed the new ship now, we are told, being built.

It is curious and somewhat disappointing that Venetian Society members weren't sent a short, simple questionnaire asking for our input on what would important to include in any new SS new build. People love to feel that their opinions are valued..just a smart PR move if nothing else!

But, it does look like you are you're having fun, and that like us, the Spirit has begun to charm you..if only just a little, maybe just enough!

"

It is curious and somewhat disappointing that Venetian Society members weren't sent a short, simple questionnaire asking for our input

We haven't received any emails from the Venetian Society since Mark Flager left. :mad: I don't know who is meant to be running it now, but IMO they aint doing a good job !!

Day room in a nursing home is exactly what came into my mind the first time I walked into the panorama lounge. But it grew on me as those chairs are very comfortable, even though looking somewhat elderly. And it became my favorite spot for morning tea.

Day room in a nursing home - hmmm! The Panorama Lounge chairs are very comfortable, but the room is too small to accommodate the number of passengers especially if many play trivia. We still prefer the Observation Lounge during the day and bar in the evening.

In some ways, we prefer the dining room assuming that you aren't seated at one of the larger (but way too small) oval tables. We like the fact that there are short walls near the windows that block some of the noise.

Keep enjoying your time on board. It certainly beats being home given the challenging weather.

I can't get out of those chairs unassisted! Beautiful day in Key West. The Venetian Party on deck was very nice last evening but it was very windy and slightly chilly, so I think it deterred some folks. Turn over day in Ft L. Tomorrow. Evidently the ship filled up at the last moment. I imagine it will be more snowbirds who are just sick and tired of the weather, present company included!

Imagine if it really was a day room in a nursing home

The residents would be stuck in those chairs

Sorry to hear it was chilly in key west but to us floridians that is our winter...we live for the opportunity to open our windows and shut off the ac

Hope you enjoy the remainder of your time on board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Be glad you're somewhere warm Duct Tape. Baltimore got a bunch of snow Sunday/Monday (kids missed school) and someone told my wife at the bank that more was due on Tuesday!

Please tell Jorge that I said hello. He was on my cruise this summer (London-London) and made a wonderful Chinese Dinner for a bunch of us (Wes&Ida included!).

Another pleasant day on the Spirit. I really give credit to the current mgmt team for the ambience and the reduced stress levels of the crew; Capt Mino Pontillo, Flavio, HD, Jorge, maitre'd, Kirk, CD, and Ramon, Chef. The first time we were here, the stress was palpable. It is now much better, IMHO. The public spaces are still not adequate for the number of guests. The pool area is very crowded and the BBQ last evening took forever. But, the fit and finish of this ship is really excellent. Yes, the suites are narrower, the decorations are not my taste, the Panorama Lounge still looks like a Dayroom in a Nursing Home, so I guess I just better get over it and enjoy the journey. We all come back for the crew and the level of service. It is all here. Food is terrific. Weather has been good. It was overcast in Cozumel with a short shower. It was very windy in Costa Maya yesterday and the Capt. Decided to leave early so he could get to fair weather and a calmer sea for the BBQ. Belize City today, at anchor. Supposedly, there are crime issues here but there are lots of tourist police that keep things under control. I think I will just hang at the pool and await whatever treat presents itself for lunch. If it is going to be your first or 30th cruise on the SS Spirit, you will enjoy it. Later.

Are there any changes of crew today? Captain, HD, CC?

I can't get out of those chairs unassisted! Beautiful day in Key West. The Venetian Party on deck was very nice last evening but it was very windy and slightly chilly, so I think it deterred some folks. Turn over day in Ft L. Tomorrow. Evidently the ship filled up at the last moment. I imagine it will be more snowbirds who are just sick and tired of the weather, present company included!

Nice to hear your news, Susan. Have a great time - I'm sure you will. I hope the 'last moment' people are not one of those awful 'Corporate Groups'. I haven't experienced them (thankfully) but I have friends who have.

Nice to hear your news, Susan. Have a great time - I'm sure you will. I hope the 'last moment' people are not one of those awful 'Corporate Groups'. I haven't experienced them (thankfully) but I have friends who have.

Was on this voyage and it seemed to me like the "last moment" people were people who lived in Florida. Lots of Floridians on board.

Was on this voyage and it seemed to me like the "last moment" people were people who lived in Florida. Lots of Floridians on board.

Me too Herman -- lesson learned -- never do round trip Fort Lauderdale again.