How many photos have you come back with on your camera?

dvdkndy

We have never cruised with our kids before so I can imagine that the picture number would go through the roof! This was just a daddy and mommy trip with some friends.

I think I take so many because I want to do the review. When I do a review, I really want to do it from a point of view that I would like to read after personally. I like to see reviews with pictures so hopefully that seems to make sense.

Looking forward to your review!

That is a lot for a 5 day cruise. I had around 2000 for a 10 day Med Cruise with a 2 day stay in Rome. For a 7 day Caribbean cruise I normally have around 800-1000 + video.

We are in line with your picture taking + video too. I will just add that it depends on how long and to where the cruise goes as to how many pics we take. On our 12 day Med cruise we had about 2500 pics....but on a normal Eastern/Western Carib, about 700-800, on a more exotic cruise (like Alaska, Panama Canal, Southern Carib) we did take even more pics, around 1000-1100. Plus we my DH does take video on them all too!!

I may take up to several thousand pictures during longer cruises. About 95% of the pictures are deleted soon after getting home, then I will save only a few of the very best in a second round of cuts. I enjoy reliving vacations with a few well chosen photos.

Holy CRAP, people. Do you even get to ENJOY your vacations?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I take 200-300 on an 8 night cruise, and thought THAT was a lot.

Clearly, it's not.:o

Holy Crap is right!! I usually take about 6...my wife however will fill a few cards.

For those who take underwater photos, what underwater camera are you using? Does anyone use a waterproof case for iphone and do it that way? DH is looking to get one for diving and isn't sure if the case is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just back off the Paradise for a 5 day to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Trying to upload all of my photos so I can do a really good review. 1,209 photos is what I have to go through. Is that excessive?

Just makes me curious how many photos have you come back with?

Uploading all the pictures to Photobucket now so we will see how long this takes!

Keep your eyes open when the review comes out! :D

about 8000 pics, and that is just one camera, last time we took 7 cameras.

Edited by seashinesunshine

I look at like this, and BTW, I'm nowhere even close to a professional photographer.....

I will take several hundred photos and narrow down the keepers. Even if you take 10 shots of the same thing, there will likely be something different in every one, or one may be better focused than the others. It's much easier to toss a few hundred photos than to not get the one you want. Once you're back home, you can't retake that photo op you missed. I like to take pictures of everything I can, as you just never know when a memorable moment may arise. I can always throw away the bad photos, but can't get back the one I never captured!

I take more than that at a 4 hour concert.

For those who take underwater photos, what underwater camera are you using? Does anyone use a waterproof case for iphone and do it that way? DH is looking to get one for diving and isn't sure if the case is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a sealife (1200 maybe) it's not the current newest one out. We also have a sealife mini, and a go pro that we use. But my topside photos are taken with a canon d10, which I also use in the water and for snorkeling. I wish it would go deeper than 30 ft because it takes the best pictures. :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

200 at the most for a 7 night cruise. I'd rather see the sights with my own eyes and not thru a camera lens. To me if I took many more than that I wouldn't really experience the trip to its fullest. I learned a long time ago that most people don't REALLY want to see other peoples pictures anyway.

I count a total of 429 files from my recent Carnival Splendor cruise, 8-Nights, Florida & Bahamas out of NYC., mostly pictures as well as some videos. I did delete a few along the way but no more than a few dozen. Been to these places many times so not much new to see. I also tried to be more selective because I felt I had been spending too much time seeing my vacation through a little screen or a viewfinder.

By contrast, I count over 900 files from my 7-Night Bermuda sailing on Explorer of the Seas last October. I was off the ship most of the time we were in port and it was only my second time there.

I take a lot of repeat shots of sunsets, and ships, trying for those perfect shots. It's fun to take pictures but I feel I can get carried away sometimes.

Just back off the Paradise for a 5 day to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Trying to upload all of my photos so I can do a really good review. 1,209 photos is what I have to go through. Is that excessive?

Just makes me curious how many photos have you come back with?

Uploading all the pictures to Photobucket now so we will see how long this takes!

Keep your eyes open when the review comes out! :D

I had over 2000 for a 4 night. and even one time My husband took so many pictures that it locked up my camera and we had to buy a program to unlock the pictures. Not sure how many he took but The Camera still had our wedding pictures on it because we had not had time to download wedding pictures because we went on our honeymoon right after the wedding. :eek: I was really upset with him, I have learned over the years to buy bigger memory cards. LOL :rolleyes:

These days that's not excessive, with digital photography. We just did a 15 day to Hawaii and I took 700 pics. Would have been more, but we were at sea for 9 days.

Same here only I took 1600, multiple whale signtings. Even with missing Kona due to high seas. Got to love digital.

Yes, we absolutely enjoy our vacation, and we have photo memories of every amazing moment to reminisce over later.

I very much ENJOY taking pictures. Enjoyment is quite individual and subjective.

1200-1500 easily. Between taking pictures of all the sites and family, which seem to be taken in triplicate. You really don't realize how many photos you take unit you get home, and download them, or everyone wants you to send them copies (on a thumb drive). My last cruise it took me weeks to review each photo, and delete the duplicates after making sure I was only keeping the "best" shot.

We used to take about 200 each day of vacation, though we've recently cut back to 30-100.

Since film and batteries are not the issues they used to be, I see no harm in taking a zillion photos. It's easier to delete them than to live with regret of not taking them at all.