RIP Lorraine Artz

Cruisin' Grandma

I'm so sorry to hear this! I met her a number of times. She was a lovely lady, as Paul says, and very approachable. She ate in the buffet for lunch along with the rest of the passengers and on the cruises we took with her onboard, my sister enjoyed having coffee with her in the mornings in the Patisserie or Lobby Bar, depending on the ship.

Sorry to hear this. She and her husband would spend 10 months out of the year cruising on Princess. You can Google "Lorraine Arzt" and there are various articles about her as well as a Youtube video where she speaks candidly about her love for cruising.

Sorry to hear this. She and her husband would spend 10 months out of the year cruising on Princess. You can Google "Lorraine Arzt" and there are various articles about her as well as a Youtube video where she speaks candidly about her love for cruising.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Loraine & thanks for your YouTube suggestion to see an interview with her & that she was the godmother for Royal Princess II in 2007.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry to hear of her passing...I never met her myself but I always aspired to be her :) From people who knew her I heard stories of a generous and fun loving woman. Hopefully she's enjoying her afterlife on board her favorite old Princess ship....

I have never met her either. Someone on Facebook posted a link to a blog obit about her and was very impressed, especially after reading many of your comments about how nice she was in person. Hopefully she will be enjoying an eternity of happy cruises up there with her husband.

We were with Miss Lorraine on the naming cruise in the Mediterranean for the "old" Royal Princess. She was quite a character. I hope I can emulate her to the end.

Just know that she was one of the best ambassadors that Princess ever had.

RIP Dear Lady.

We had the pleasure of sailing with Lorraine on a Canada/New England cruise a few years back. She was classy, gracious, and she ignited in us the desire to spend more days at sea. May her memory be blessed and her soul ever cruising.

Our first Princess cruise was a B2B in 2002. When we went to the past passenger event for the second part she earned the most travelled passenger prize but passed on it. Don't remember the number of days but even then it seemed mind boggling.

Anybody know what her final number was?

We sailed with Lorraine and Joe many times on the original Royal Princess, going back to 1984. Wonderful down to earth people who knew how to enjoy life. They were an inspiration, and we learned to love cruising as much as they did.

RIP Lorraine, whom I considered a dear friend.