Swimsuits and ladies over 60

Over 60's - Who wears /packs a swimsuit  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Over 60's - Who wears /packs a swimsuit

• I'm not interested in bronzing or swimming
    • I have a body image issue
    • Sometimes if the location suits eg. snorkelling

That's not a good poll, there's no way to vote that, heck yes, I bring multiple swimsuits and use them. I don't lay out in the sun unless I happen to on a diving surface interval on a beach. I'm in the water, baby! A very young 61 year old here.

I am older than 60 and went BoraBora, Moorea, Tahiti, Noumea ,

all in the South Seas this year - swam, snorkeled in my bathing suit.

Then went to the Caribbean and did it all over again.!

Don't just sit in the background while others are having fun.

Life is too short.

Sea Ya, Wowzo

60 and do both. If you are wondering about the day you embark, I have worn it onto ship with shorts and top. I ALWAYS have one packed in carry on in case luggage is lost, so can always change after boarding. I bring more suits than shorts and use them all!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I'm not "over" 60 yet, but I am "almost" 60. I pack multiple swimsuits for every trip I take! I even brought a swimsuit on my Alaska cruise, just-in-case! I don't lay out in the sun, but I love to get in the water and to sit on the beach (mostly in the shade, but might catch a ray or two now and then). ;) I often travel with my "almost" 80 mother-in-law and she packs (and wears) multiple bathing suits too! I don't think it is a question of age, it is a question of what activities you enjoy! :D

That's not a good poll, there's no way to vote that, heck yes, I bring multiple swimsuits and use them. I don't lay out in the sun unless I happen to on a diving surface interval on a beach. I'm in the water, baby! A very young 61 year old here.

Unfortunately I can't edit now. You're right, there should have been a 'yes' option. Perhaps you can ignore the poll and post here.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I'd be interested to learn if ladies over 60 years pack or wear a swimsuit?

I too am almost 60, not over 60, but I pack and wear swimsuits when appropriate (i.e. when I'm at the pool or beach). I'm obese and pale-skinned, but I don't let that bother me if I want to get in the water. I'm not the type to wear them if I'm not headed to the water (or in and out of the water), but that's because I don't like clingy clothing of any sort and find them a little uncomfortable.

I went to Exelnt Designs and had a couple made for me. Expensive yes, but worth it as my measurements won't fit standard suits. I do snorkel and swim but don't do much sun bathing.

I will never look 20 again, but half the population looks worse than I do, so I will accept my flaws and love myself as I am.:)

I am 61 and I always pack at least one bathing

suit and cover-up. I didn't used to and I got caught

not being able to participate. Depending on the destination

I usually bring a cheaper bathing suit that

I pick up at Costco if I am going in a chlorine

pool. Then I have nicer better fitting and more

expensive suits if I am just lounging around

or swimming in the ocean. If you are worried

about body image I don't think anyone around you

will notice or care. Take a look around

you will probably see people who are in better

shape but you will also see people who

haven't seen the inside of a gym for a while.

The main thing is to please yourself.

Whenever I'm travelling somewhere where there is warmth and water there will be at least one swimsuit in my luggage. My favourite chill-out activity is lounging by a pool, mostly in the shade although some sun is nice to dry me quickly after a dip, regular dips to keep me cool, my kindle to amuse me, a good supply of chilled water and other drinks, and snacks at the appropriate time.

Even when we spent seven weeks in the UK I packed my swimsuit ... so I could go to the thermal spa in Bath.

Edit: I'm over 60 and overweight but who cares ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yes, I always pack 3 or 4. I prefer wearing a bathing suit, as gravity, extra pounds, childbirth and surgeries make going naked an unattractive option. :D

Seriously, I love to swim, snorkel, hang by the pool or go to a beach. I do not expect this to change with age.

We just got back from our B2B Sydney to Vancouver cruise and I packed 4 swimsuits, & really wished I had taken another one or two. We went snorkeling several times, kayaking, swimming with rays & reef sharks and had a few just relaxing at the beach days. On sea days, I spend most of the day in swimsuit & cover-up. I will be 60 this fall :eek: and think I look decent in a swimsuit. And if someone else thinks not, who cares?:D

Sherri:)

Isn't it hilarious that we "old" ladies can generate so much conversation about being "old" and wearing bathing suits. We've paid our dues and if we want to wear bathing suits to the mdr or theatre, then let us march forward with our heads held high!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I'm fast approaching 62 and am not a Sun Bunny by any means. I also don't tend to gravitate to hot weather/beach destinations. But I ALWAYS take a swimsuit and cover up. Last December we went to the Caribbean for the first time and I took two, and wore them both. I'm not overweight at all, but I'm definitely over fat and over flabby. But, with age comes a whole lot of "Don't give a sh.........."

I'm 67 and I always pack at least 4 or 5 swimsuits when I travel to any warm climate. The DH and I love water sports of all kinds and even if we're not on a cruise, we'll be hanging by the pool at some point or going into the ocean. I usually pack different types of suits. For hanging out (in the shade) or swimming in the pool I wear designer suits that I get at TJ Maxx or Marshalls every year (usually on sale). I have a lot of one-shouldered ones that I love. For swimming in the ocean or snorkeling (or any other water sport...we do them all except I don't dive (don't like being under water...on top is okay). I also always pack an older suit for going into the jacuzzi. Most all of my suits are one-piece except for a couple of tankinis. I have a HUGE collection of swimsuits as I live in CA and mostly travel cruise to Mexico or the Caribbean.

I'm happy to see all the women on this thread that have no problems with admitting to their age or being afraid to show their bodies in a swimsuit. It's so refreshing!:D

I'm not overweight at all, but I'm definitely over fat and over flabby. But, with age comes a whole lot of "Don't give a sh.........."

I'm not sure I understand the difference, but I do understand the attitude.......I regularly go to a women-only spa and spend a couple of hours lounging around the pools/sauna/steam room. Because it's women only, it is also bathing suit optional, and most of the women who choose to nekkid are over 45 or 50. The younger women with more toned and fit bodies seem to be the ones most wanting to cover up (even minimally).

I'm not sure I understand the difference, but I do understand the attitude.......I regularly go to a women-only spa and spend a couple of hours lounging around the pools/sauna/steam room. Because it's women only, it is also bathing suit optional, and most of the women who choose to nekkid are over 45 or 50. The younger women with more toned and fit bodies seem to be the ones most wanting to cover up (even minimally).

The difference between over fat and over flabby? Over fat is my body fat percentage is too high. Over flabby is that what lean is there isn't toned!

The difference between over fat and over flabby? Over fat is my body fat percentage is too high. Over flabby is that what lean is there isn't toned!

Actually, I meant the difference between being overweight and being "over fat". I would think that if you have too high a fat percentage you would also be overweight, though I guess if you had almost no muscles, it would be possible (?). Then again, it's possible to be overweight without being "over fat".....which is why I don't really like tracking weight or BMI.

Actually, I meant the difference between being overweight and being "over fat". I would think that if you have too high a fat percentage you would also be overweight, though I guess if you had almost no muscles, it would be possible (?). Then again, it's possible to be overweight without being "over fat".....which is why I don't really like tracking weight or BMI.

I think you'd be surprised how many "thin in their clothes" people, with a low BMI, actually have a high body fat percentage. I''m sure I'm providing gossip fodder for a certain few on the boards here, but I'm honest with and about myself.

However, I am working in it!

I think you'd be surprised how many "thin in their clothes" people, with a low BMI, actually have a high body fat percentage. I''m sure I'm providing gossip fodder for a certain few on the boards here, but I'm honest with and about myself.

However, I am working in it!

Well, I only saw you in your clothes but you didn't look over fat or over flabby.;):)