Do you like Ken Rush as cruise director?

If I think my opinions are sufficiently important, I may post them more than twice.

And you've now made two postings that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, which, by the way, is of Ken Rush. Thanks for your contribution.

Edited by Dave85

Do not understand what the big deal is about Cruise Directors. Couldn't care less who is Cruise Director or even if there is one.

...................without a CD you will not know when the Bingo is to be held and how much you could win, how and when to book your overpriced shore excursions, and where and when the "belly flop" contest will be held......WOW!!! ...how could you ever survive on a cruise ship without that vital information?.......Dribble I tell you is all they, the CD's, spew all day. .............it is like fingernails on a black board to me.......:eek:

Donna expresses my thoughts precisely.

:)

I love Kevin Spacey.

s-KEVIN-SPACEY-large300.jpg

But I also love Richard Spacey.

04-23-2010-06.jpg

:D

You're on a roll this afternoon. :)

I guess I'll find out next year when we're on Harmony. I'm sure Ken will still be on for the crossing.

I've had Ken as my CD a few times. I'm not s fan, and not because I don't think he does a good job.

I think he comes across as arrogant or cocky, but I just think that's a bi-product of having to always be "on" 100% of the time, even when it's a tough crowd.

He's probably not arrogant at all, but he does project that.

That said, I wouldn't make a go/no-go decision based on the CD.

It's already been clarified that he is not Harmony's actual CD. He will only be on until she reaches Barcelona and then the full time CD will take over.

Could you please direct me to where this has been clarified as such? Did the source mention who the full time CD will be? (Jerome, perhaps?)

Not a fan of his public persona, but his admin skills certainly seem to be excellent! These big ships have very complex entertainment/activity schedules and need a strong, competent leader to keep everything/everyone organized ...

I hope he's somewhere else by the time we book a cruise on HOS ... his presence wouldn't stop us from booking, but might keep us from attending any of the shows that he hosts ...

Not a fan of his public persona, but his admin skills certainly seem to be excellent! These big ships have very complex entertainment/activity schedules and need a strong, competent leader to keep everything/everyone organized ...

...................isn't that what spread sheets are for?........................................:confused:

Ken just posted on Twitter that he is aboard Anthem for the transatlantic, and then will take over as CD once the ship reaches America.

My estimate is that he will be Anthem's CD until sometime in January.

Thanks for the info Donna. Guess we'll have Ken for the first Caribbean sailing out of Bayonne on November 10!

I wonder if he will be the CD in April. :)
Just a guess at this point, but I am betting on Dru Pavlov taking over as regular CD of Anthem. (He mentioned during his morning show on Liberty last week that he will have a few contracts on Anthem in 2016 but didn't reveal an exact schedule) Dru's break begins Dec 6, so assuming he'll be off for the usual 6-8 weeks, it fits the schedule that Ken can hand off to him at the end of Jan or beginning of Feb, and then Dru can have a usual 4 month contract.

Again, this is just speculation and projection based on the limited info available at this time.

I've had Ken as my CD a few times. I'm not s fan, and not because I don't think he does a good job.

I think he comes across as arrogant or cocky, but I just think that's a bi-product of having to always be "on" 100% of the time, even when it's a tough crowd.

He's probably not arrogant at all, but he does project that.

That said, I wouldn't make a go/no-go decision based on the CD.

We had him as CD on Oasis during its inaugural season. I normally don't even notice CDs but found him obnoxious when he was on duty. Then we saw him "off duty" at Johnny Rockets and he was arrogant and smarmy. He was bragging to a fellow crew member about a passenger that came back to his room the previous night and what happened. Um...he may not have been in uniform, but he was loud and it was not appropriate dinner time conversation! :eek: I was appalled; not by the fact that it happened (whatever, I'm sure it happens a lot), but that he was so indiscreet about it.

Just a guess at this point, but I am betting on Dru Pavlov taking over as regular CD of Anthem. (He mentioned during his morning show on Liberty last week that he will have a few contracts on Anthem in 2016 but didn't reveal an exact schedule) Dru's break begins Dec 6, so assuming he'll be off for the usual 6-8 weeks, it fits the schedule that Ken can hand off to him at the end of Jan or beginning of Feb, and then Dru can have a usual 4 month contract.

Again, this is just speculation and projection based on the limited info available at this time.

You could let me down more gently. :mad: :p

Ken just posted on Twitter that he is aboard Anthem for the transatlantic, and then will take over as CD once the ship reaches America.

Just my luck, or lack thereof it seems;) He was the CD on our Allure cruise.

Not a fan, but, hey I am cruising, I'm happy.

Edited by sha88
Added something

I was with him on Quantum. A few things I noticed -- he yells at his staff even when passengers are close by. He wore his shirt with "stripes" at the Captain's question/answer session in 270. I know, I know, he is an officer. I have just not seen any other CD do this. He wore a "fat" suit when moderating the belly flop contest at the pool. I felt that he was making fun of over weight passengers, though this is just my opinion. So, I have to say, he is not one of my favorites for these specific reasons. Katherine

We had him as CD on Oasis during its inaugural season. I normally don't even notice CDs but found him obnoxious when he was on duty. Then we saw him "off duty" at Johnny Rockets and he was arrogant and smarmy. He was bragging to a fellow crew member about a passenger that came back to his room the previous night and what happened. Um...he may not have been in uniform, but he was loud and it was not appropriate dinner time conversation! :eek: I was appalled; not by the fact that it happened (whatever, I'm sure it happens a lot), but that he was so indiscreet about it.

....look on the bright side....maybe the "obnoxious" CD caught a disease that required a shot from the on board doctor.....then the rest of the crew have something to talk ( and laugh) about on his behalf.......;):cool:

I was with him on Quantum. A few things I noticed -- he yells at his staff even when passengers are close by. He wore his shirt with "stripes" at the Captain's question/answer session in 270. I know, I know, he is an officer. I have just not seen any other CD do this. He wore a "fat" suit when moderating the belly flop contest at the pool. I felt that he was making fun of over weight passengers, though this is just my opinion. So, I have to say, he is not one of my favorites for these specific reasons. Katherine

.........an "officer" in name only.............wouldn't past the muster to become a "real" officer...........;)

Agree 100%. Regardless of whether I'd like to sit down and have a beer with him (probably not), I'd be more than happy to have him as CD on any of my upcoming cruises.

I thought Ken was awesome. I had him as a CD back in February on Quantum. He was energetic and funny. Not the best I've ever had (Richard Spacey, hands down wins that title) but definitely not the worst.

Obviously we are some of the few on this ridiculous thread who don't have a problem with a CD that is top notch as far as the company is concerned. We've been on 2 cruises with him and thought he was great. Yes he does the same or nearly as he has done for years.

Have you seen some of the entertainment - comedians?

They do the same thing year after year too, word for word

Those that would alter their cruise plans because of a CD, I just don't know what to say.

To berate a guy doing is job is pretty low

I could not be happier! I had him on Allure and loved him. I'm on Anthum in January!

• 8 months later...