Is it worthy to go on the Oasis of the Seas for just 2 nights?

Hi all!

I am planning to take a cruise with some of my friends (late 20's-all girls) but unfortunately, due to crazy schedule and lives, we can't go for too many days. We were thinking Labor weekend Bahamas cruise on the Oasis (only 2 nights). I know this is a huge ship and one of the nicest out there. My friends have never done cruising before. I have been twice on the Majestic, but I am very excited to go on the Oasis. Bottom line, my question is:

Is it worth it to pay more for this cruise and only 2 nights? or are we better off going on a different ship? Have any one experience the Oasis for a short time? How was it?

Look forward to hear some opinions and suggestions. Thank you!!!

I don't think it's worth it. I booked that cruise when it opened, but the prices are steep and I don't think two nights is worth the travel day, muster drill, boarding process, etc.

We decided to go to Atlantis for a long weekend in August for a night longer and less expensive.

If the price is right, why not?

It will be a most certainly brief introduction to the world of cruising for your non-cruising friends. But, be aware of my what my travel agent told me when I asked her if she felt she was "at sea" and "on a cruise" when she was on a somewhat longer Oasis cruise: her answer was, "No".

Two nights cruising is better than no nights to me! That being said, Oasis is a big ship so you would have to go knowing that many of us (myself included) felt a week wasn't long enough to do everything the ship has to offer. If you are looking for a short, fun cruise (where you won't be trying to cram everything in) then two days on Oasis would be great!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't think it's worth it. I booked that cruise when it opened, but the prices are steep and I don't think two nights is worth the travel day, muster drill, boarding process, etc.

I would agree with this. It really would end up being a little more than 1 full day to enjoy the ship. And how depressing it would be on your first (and only) full day on the ship, knowing you have to get off the ship the next morning. :( I wouldn't do a cruise for 2 nights on any ship.

We have this cruise booked we are looking so forward to seeing this ship ! With our business it is very hard to take a 7 nighter so this was perfect we look at it as a long weekend. We live in Florida so no air for us we figured out we would spend more for a weekend in Disney. Go ahead we all will have a blast!

I gotta agree with some of the posts already.

2 night cruise is better than no cruise.

For the right price why not.

Try it you'll like it. People not so sure about the Oasis class ship can take a short cruise to see if they want more.

Yes even 7 night cruise is not long enough to see everything on Oasis class.

Do it. Short cruises are more likely to have a lot of younger people like yourself.

I have some friends booked on it that have asked us to join them; watching prices. Right now it is insane pricing compared to the 3 and 4 night deals out there. Overwhelming ship for 7 days, let alone for 2. Prices are kind of insane for 2 nights right now.

We've never been on her and are unlikely to do so in the future (prefer smaller ships). But I saw the thread topic, turned to DW, and said, "Two nights on Oasis? Is that enough time to get to your cabin?" :D

Leaving my big ship prejudices aside, two nights means ONE DAY, which will be spent in Nassau. If you go into it planning to not sleep much, and maybe spend an hour wandering around town near the port, you might have enough time to at least sample some of her offerings. Otherwise, between muster drill, waiting for luggage (unless you can do with a carry-on), dealing with disembarkation - how many hours will you actually have to enjoy on the ship? Atlantis or an all-inclusive in Jamaica or the Bahamas sounds like more fun if you can time the flights right.

j

Thank you all for your opinions; I see the logic behind opting for not go on such a short cruise. I would love to go for more days, hopefully in the future, but to coordinate with all my friends to go cruising- a long weekend is our best bet, so I think we will book! Like some of you said: a two night cruise is better than no cruise. Hope everything goes well since we are traveling from NYC and it will be hurricane season. I have been to Bahamas in the past so at.least I think I would stay on the ship while at port for majority of time

Edited by marijoha

Speaking for myself, factoring in transportation cost to get to FL, cost of cruise and onboard expenses, a two day cruise wouldn't be worth it to me. We don't do even a 7 day cruise living in Calif. The cost to fly to FL plus the cruise etc doesn't support the cost.

Hi all!

I am planning to take a cruise with some of my friends (late 20's-all girls) but unfortunately, due to crazy schedule and lives, we can't go for too many days. We were thinking Labor weekend Bahamas cruise on the Oasis (only 2 nights). I know this is a huge ship and one of the nicest out there. My friends have never done cruising before. I have been twice on the Majestic, but I am very excited to go on the Oasis. Bottom line, my question is:

Is it worth it to pay more for this cruise and only 2 nights? or are we better off going on a different ship? Have any one experience the Oasis for a short time? How was it?

Look forward to hear some opinions and suggestions. Thank you!!!

Seems you live in NY. No way would I pay to fly from there to take a two day cruise only on any ship.

LuLu

Agree. Only if it were a free (pre-inaugural by invitation from RC) cruise.

Otherwise, no way.

Agree. Only if it were a free (pre-inaugural by invitation from RC) cruise.

Otherwise, no way.

I just looked at the pricing.

This is going to cost you TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A NIGHT IN THE CHEAPEST INTERIOR CABIN.

I am going to change my vote/advice to:

HELL NO. :eek:

This is going to cost you TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A NIGHT IN THE CHEAPEST INTERIOR CABIN.

My thought exactly, with more "descriptive" words added.

I've done several two-nighters / three-nighters, mostly to get a quick QE2 "fix", and to see my friend, captain Rolf on Regal Empress. Their value is always fair to poor, but I still did them, and had a great time! However, and of course this is years later, the Oasis prices, even for an inside cabin are obscene! Insane! No way would I do it, and I live 1/2 an hour from FLL too. Save your money for a better deal.

Edited by loubetti

I would only consider it, if you got a really good rate and lived close to the port.

I loved the Oasis. Seven days wasnt enough time for me to do it all.

Happy Sails!

Well said.

I was on a one night Oasis preview cruise and it was fun to try to pack in as much as i could. Not relaxing - but fun! If the timing is right and you have the $ and this is what you want to do, have a blast. Walk around the entire ship - it's a marvel. Plenty of good info on the boards to help you plan. Heck - people come to NYC for a weekend and want to "see it all". You can't. You just go back.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Actually it is much worse than this if the party is coming from NY (their listed location). To the minimum cabin cost of $389pp you must ADD $88.99 taxes PLUS $24 auto-tips PLUS $250 airfare (cheapest I could find from NY; on Spirit who also charges you for air to breath) PLUS transfers twice in NY PLUS transfers twice in FLL. I have NOT put in any hotel expenses assuming day-of flights, so now consider that you have two miserable days of air travel with the worry of will I make the ship. All for what is essentially one day on the ship.

I think I'd rather just step in front of a semi on I-95.

Thom

I'm also in my late 20's, and there is no way I would pay that for two nights on the Oasis.

I would recommend you all look into the Enchantment or Majesty 3 night weekend getaway. I also find these ship generally have more people around our age.

Let us know what you decide.

Michael

I did a 3 night Allure last year in addition to a 2 Full Allure trips last year and one Oasis this year. The only reason I did the 3 night was I got a great deal and I live about 30 minutes from the port. At the prices I see on this thread I do not think it is worth the effort, even if the cost is something you are Ok with. I would do a 3 night on another ship or do a long weekend at a resort. And you are right about Hurricane season. You never know what kind of weather you will have and it might be raining the whole time you are on the ship even if no hurricane.