No more poiiii poiiii sound

Hahah I was in the Allure a few weeks ago and I don't remember the poiiii poiiii sound that the security check point used to do when scanning my sea pass ( I miss that sound)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hahah I was in the Allure a few weeks ago and I don't remember the poiiii poiiii sound that the security check point used to do when scanning my sea pass ( I miss that sound)

Was just on a B2B on Allure and the sound was there as soon as we boarded the ship and each time we disembarked!....:)

That's it!!!! First the chocolate on the pillows.:( Then the logo on the napkins.:confused: This is the final straw - no ding? I'll never cruise again.:mad:

Time for me to compose a letter to Adam Goldstein.:p

Back to reality = I was on Allure a few weeks ago and there was still a ding. However, the volume was not set to 160 decibels, like it usually is. Maybe they just turned the volume down.

I was probably on Jewel at the time and it was still there, but I haven't seen it spelled that way before :p

Just plug in your iPhone or iPad. The sound is very similar. :)

Ha, I started a thread on this a while back when Apple updated the software. I said "When you plug your phone in, does the new sound remind you of anything?"

Well the thread turned into people talking about which iphone was better, etc so the mods deleted it.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Removing the sounds is another cost cutting move.

Now you have to smuggle your own on! I just picked up some "Poiiii Poiiii Runners" although "Ding Runners" will also work.

I just fill them with these: https://sites.google.com/site/soundsfromrci/

That way I can enjoy the sounds anytime I want, even in my cabin. ;)

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr

Removing the sounds is another cost cutting move.

Now you have to smuggle your own on! I just picked up some "Poiiii Poiiii Runners" although "Ding Runners" will also work.

I just fill them with these: https://sites.google.com/site/soundsfromrci/

That way I can enjoy the sounds anytime I want, even in my cabin. ;)

Eric

I have heard that on Quantum, Anthem and maybe Oasis 3 & 4 they will have specialty boarding with a nickel for one ding and a dime for both for each time you board. You can buy a package to allow specialty boarding for the whole cruise and the D+ and up coupons [OK -- electronic equivalents] will include a BOGO offer. I think suite guests will be comped.