Chardonnay Sisters Can See Russia from their Balcony

diann744

Ruth C:

The chocolates are square and sans HAL logo but (deep breath) still Dam fine chocolate.

:-)

Yeah. But they're smaller. :( What's a chocoholic to do???

Last night I knew I had to get up extra early this morning (you can relate; I am so NOT a morning person), but I saw that one last unread thread---your report---and just had to open it. Something told me not to, but....

One hour later I was still laughing so hard I couldn't get to sleep.

How my today is going is all your fault. :D

Enjoyed your review.

We were on the same Amsterdam4-day Coastal. We took a food and wine tasting HAL tour in Astoria and there were two women on it who I thought might be the Chardonnay Sisters so I asked them. They looked surprised and it wasn't you!!

Thank you all for the enthusiastic responses. And a special thanks to POA1 for my new desktop wallpaper. Two@Sea, you don’t want me lifting your spirits because then you wouldn’t get any.

Here’s a pic of our “calling cards” made for those occasions when people want to trade emails and the like (info on the back). We designed them to look like HAL Beverage Cards while being different enough that Seattle wouldn’t be taking us to court.

Buscard.png

The much talked about Triple Crown hats, which we’re retiring since they are clearly cursed. Next year’s hats will ensure a winner.

hats.jpg

Sis snapped a pic of what she termed “the worst towel animal evah.” It was actually a towel we’d left n the bed and we found it folded but not in any way impressively.

WTAE.jpg

And an actual, rare photo of the two of us, in our natural habitat. As always, the Evil One is more photogenic while I look like I’m about to blow a raspberry (photo credit Joe G., Passenger Act Gang Member)

SisandMeinourNaturalHabitat.jpg

And, RuthC, I’m not sure what Her Evilness is talking about. I was on the Dam ships for 11 days and never once did I spy a pillow chocolate. She’s either delusional or a Dam thief!

Loved the review. Funny, thorough, lively, wine-infused, observant, the adjectives flow freely. Thanks for taking the time to share well your experience.

We are on the Statendam this September for the last round-trip Vancouver of the Southeast Alaska season. First time on the ship and really looking forward to it. Then walking down the pier and boarding the Westerdam for the reverse 5-day coastal down to San Diego. Oceanview on the first cruise but tasting the Good Life in our first Neptune Suite on the second.

Thanks again. Maybe we'll share that winery on a future cruise. :)

Thank you all for the enthusiastic responses. And a special thanks to POA1 for my new desktop wallpaper.

I didn't realize you were going to use it as a wallpaper. I'm not sure of your monitor's resolution, so I rendered this at 1,980 px x 1,200 px. If you need a different size, just let me know.

Chardonnay Sisters Wallpaper 1,980 x 1,200

Thanks again for the great read!

Edited by POA1
Fixed broken link

POA1,

You are my new best friend!

And the Evil Twin chimes in with: My favorites--You, the wine and BC.

Thanks!

I thought about adding a second bottle with the face of Sherlock on it, but it looked more soulful with the floating head.

Brava Chardonnay Sisters! Dare I hope for an encore in the near future?

As always, your entire review was totally entertaining and there is always one "feature" that makes me lean back in my chair and have a good old belly laugh. This time it was the visual I got of the fashion statement you thought about making in Anchorage transforming your maxi skirt into a bohemian diaper with a binder clip. Kinda reminded me of the toga parties in my college days ... those frat boys sure knew how to improvise with a bed sheet.

Welcome aboard, Marco's Tia. Glad to have you. You may need to start practicing though!

Dizzy -- yeah, the diaper thing is a lot funnier now than it was when it was a serious consideration. Thankfully, the wind died down or I just stopped caring about going all Marilyn on the unsuspecting populace. :p

Oldbluff -- The Statendam was showing her age a bit on this cruise and we learned onboard that she's been sold to P&O so probably won't be getting any facelifts while still a Dam ship. Still, she's a perfect size and the service can't be beat. And you'll love your Neptune on the Westerdam!

Brava Chardonnay Sisters! Dare I hope for an encore in the near future?

As always, your entire review was totally entertaining and there is always one "feature" that makes me lean back in my chair and have a good old belly laugh. This time it was the visual I got of the fashion statement you thought about making in Anchorage transforming your maxi skirt into a bohemian diaper with a binder clip. Kinda reminded me of the toga parties in my college days ... those frat boys sure knew how to improvise with a bed sheet.

Fun,fun review...my personal HA HA moment.." a tutorial on how to talk to a giraffe "...browsing the internet has often taken me so far from where I began.:)

Welcome aboard, Marco's Tia. Glad to have you. You may need to start practicing though!

Dizzy -- yeah, the diaper thing is a lot funnier now than it was when it was a serious consideration. Thankfully, the wind died down or I just stopped caring about going all Marilyn on the unsuspecting populace. :p

Oldbluff -- The Statendam was showing her age a bit on this cruise and we learned onboard that she's been sold to P&O so probably won't be getting any facelifts while still a Dam ship. Still, she's a perfect size and the service can't be beat. And you'll love your Neptune on the Westerdam!

I think you two should join us on the Westerdam on April 11/15.

I suspect you will find a few who will join you in your adventures :p

There is a roll call wine tasting on the agenda :p

thanks again for making my day:D